The Big List of Who Hates Guns - Page 13
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

The Big List of Who Hates Guns

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1728 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by relichound View Post
The NRA is trying to hold the status quo, and not let any more gun snatcher laws come , I agree that's a good shield , but we also need to have some measure of offense to let's make the gun control crowds nightmares of full autos in wallmart happen and shred ever gun control law since the 30s
The NRA is in business to make money and pay big salaries. The gun thing is just a vehicle to that end.

Carl Sagan

Old 07-19-2014, 06:48 PM   #122
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4342 Times on 2936 Posts
Likes Given: 2168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
The NRA is in business to make money and pay big salaries. The gun thing is just a vehicle to that end.
Absolutely not. The NRA is a model non-profit. If they did not pay good enough salaries, all the LaPierres would be CEO of real businesses, and we would be struggling with second grade leadership.
deg Likes This 
Old 07-19-2014, 09:29 PM   #123

Liked 18 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Possibly , while they aren't the best at offense they have made gains against the nanny laws that disarm good people , what have you done ? Yes they make money , that's used to advance pro second amendment items , I feel no shame paying my dues , yes they pander to the gun manufactures so what they want to keep the items I want to buy legal ? It works for me and any one else who really supports the second
Old 07-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #124

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Actually you are ALL wrong. This 'in fighting' will not help the cause one bit!!!
The NRA is a pro 2nd Amendment civil right organization as are ALL the others you mentioned. They all go about trying to defend the RTKABA's in different ways with different priorities. BUT THEY ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE. Stop acting like a bunch of spoiled brats and try to except the fact that not all of these groups will do everything just way you would, but at the very least 'tolerate' the differences and stop bad mouthing any of them. In other words "If you don't have something good to say, say nothing at all"!
Spoiled brats ? That is not a nice thing to call us for speaking the truth .

The reason the NRA is now holding firm is because men like Neal Knox spoke out against the NRA's support of various gun laws and its double-dealing .

NRA let the machinegun freeze get tacked onto the NRA's bill . NRA could have pulled the bill but didn't . The other side tasted blood and next came after semi-autos . Warren Cassidy said repeal of the freeze would be NRA's " top priority " but nothing appears to have been done about it .

After Bush instituted an illegal " temporary emergency ban " on importation of 50 or so rifle types, NRA's leader praised Bush for it, saying it would allow us to discuss this calmly . That weak approach led to Bush making the ban permanent and extending it to 110 models .

Our rights are not the NRA's to give away .

It is those who hold NRA leaders to account who keep the NRA useful . But for " infighting ", the sell-outs of '68 might still be in charge .
CzarChasm Likes This 
Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post

The reason the NRA is now holding firm is because men like Neal Knox spoke out against the NRA's support of various gun laws and its double-dealing .

NRA let the machinegun freeze get tacked onto the NRA's bill . NRA could have pulled the bill but didn't . The other side tasted blood and next came after semi-autos . Warren Cassidy said repeal of the freeze would be NRA's " top priority " but nothing appears to have been done about it .

After Bush instituted an illegal " temporary emergency ban " on importation of 50 or so rifle types, NRA's leader praised Bush for it, saying it would allow us to discuss this calmly . That weak approach led to Bush making the ban permanent and extending it to 110 models .

It is those who hold NRA leaders to account who keep the NRA useful . But for " infighting ", the sell-outs of '68 might still be in charge .

Agreed , mostly . We need to keep the NRA focused on restoring rights and not another inch to the gun snatching fools while I'm not 100 percent in agreement with all they do they are the only real political power pulling for 2a while I like gunowners they lack the muscle to pull the politics..

Old 07-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #126

Liked 58 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post

+1 on everything you said. To add to it, it's not just machine guns and banned imports that the NRA thinks itself authorized to compromise away for gun owners, I have proof positive that former President David Keene supports making felons out of people who buy and use one of the most well-publicized BATFE-approved accessories on the market, the Slide Fire Stock, as-stated by him just last year at a Christian Science Monitor media glad-handing breakfast in D.C.

At 42:00 minutes into this video at C-SPAN, Keene is asked about the Slide Fire Stock. The first thing out of his mouth is that, "....it depends on how you interpret the law."

Uh, no it doesn't, Mr. Keene, it depends on how the BATFE interprets the law, which they had done fully three years earlier in granting unlimited manufacturing and sales authorization as nothing more than a "firearm part," that "....is not regulated as a firearm under Gun Control Act or the National Firearms Act."

I suggest you listen to the whole exchange where he says that, "Under the Second Amendment....therefore, it's legitimate that machine guns be banned as they have been." Towards the end of Keene's answer he says they should get more scrutiny from BATFE if they effectively convert from semi to full-auto, which they don't, but hey, banning machine guns was legitimate, so who cares, right?

His utter ignorance of even what the accessory is is bad enough, but later in the same exchange he says this about the Slide Fire Stock:

"You know an engineer can do anything. It's a felony to do it, you know, so I'd be careful uh...of doing something like....and it should be a felony. I mean machine guns are illegal in this country, and should be, and semi-automatics are not.

This is one of the bumbling fools NRA members have spent millions on to "represent" them. Not me. Not never, not no-how. NFA34 and GCA68 are thanks to the NRA in large part, at least due to their acquiescence, compromise, and belief that their several hundred thousand members at the time of those bills gave them authority to speak for the 10's of millions of gun owners whose rights they were compromising away, and whom they continue to compromise away without the permission or membership of 93.75% of today's gun owners.

If the Second Amendment were ever fully restored to its Founding-era original meaning, the NRA would go out of business.That is why they only support a small percentage of our RTK&BA. To fully support our rights would be to commit economic suicide. The 2A is a business today, and only a hair more than 6% of the market-share of gun owners is enough to keep the NRA rollin' in dough. Yours and my rights is the product, and business is great!

CzarChasm
Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #127
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2284 Times on 1358 Posts
Likes Given: 1227

All guns rights groups, not just the NRA, would go out of business if the 2nd was restored to it full and right full intent.
And if the 10th was followed we would only be dealing with the feds violating our civil right to be armed as the states, county's, and cities have no jurisdiction over any 'rights' set forth in the BOR's per the 10th!

Old 07-20-2014, 08:54 PM   #128
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4342 Times on 2936 Posts
Likes Given: 2168

Quote:
All guns rights groups, not just the NRA, would go out of business if the 2nd was restored to it full and right full intent.
And if the 10th was followed we would only be dealing with the feds violating our civil right to be armed as the states, county's, and cities have no jurisdiction over any 'rights' set forth in the BOR's per the 10th!
You are reading the 10th Amendment backwards. The Union and the State can have jurisdiction over different aspects of the same issue. Civil rights, you say? If your Free State philosophy had succeeded back in the 60's, the Negroes in Alabama would be using separate water fountains to this day.

Old 07-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #129

Quote:
I wouldn't mind the NRA and Goa shouting down the defence end and becoming a safety and teaching org , but it's the 14th not the 10th your thinking of , the one that says no state may violate a persons rights ,,, they used it to fight the south in reconstruction , and it's still on the books , but largely ignored ,,,,, may have been the 18th but either way it's i. The books and ignored

Last edited by relichound; 07-20-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Old 07-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #130

Liked 266 Times on 190 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Amendment X

" The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people. "

Gentlemen :
Most of the civil rights laws passed in the '60s were unconstitutional . The government had no authority to force businessmen and landlords to do business with anyone or to hire anyone they preferred not to .
For a clear picture of why such discrimination took place, I recommend reading Thomas Sowell's book, Black Rednecks and White Liberals .

Discrimination by the government is another issue .

Last edited by Rentacop; 07-21-2014 at 01:04 AM.
CzarChasm Likes This