Biden advises "get yourself a shotgun" for self defense - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Biden advises "get yourself a shotgun" for self defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

I am going to do just as the vice president says,but only because I can't afford an AR-15 and I don't have a defensive long gun anymore since I traded off my 870 to get a Ruger American rifle for hunting season.This time I am thinking Mossberg of some kind like the 500.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

cottontop Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Sadly pausing. Waiting for the next nut job to start blowing people away with a shotgun saying Biden made me do it. What an idiot.

"But Biden warned it would be a "terrible mistake" to arm school staff. "The last thing we need to do is be arming school teachers and administrators" who may not have firearm training, he said."

That's about as stupid a statement as I've ever heard. "Hi Ms. Jones. Here's your new classroom, a nice supply of crayons, colored paper, books, .45mm HPs, and a 1911. Enjoy your class." God forbid a TEACHER not be able to learn how to use a firearm. They're TOO STUPID to take a class, but just smart enough to teach our kids. You sir, are a MORON!

Last edited by KJG67; 01-24-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6347 Times on 3548 Posts
Likes Given: 5926

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
I am going to do just as the vice president says,but only because I can't afford an AR-15 and I don't have a defensive long gun anymore since I traded off my 870 to get a Ruger American rifle for hunting season.This time I am thinking Mossberg of some kind like the 500.
Look for a good used Remington 1100.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz

Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I'm wondering, when they get around to banning shotguns errrr "assault scatterguns", will they cite shotguns' projectiles/pellets lack of ballistic traceability?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #15

Liked 503 Times on 302 Posts
Likes Given: 234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
If they ban assault weapons, shotguns are next, along with 'sniper rifles'. The anti-gun nuts in America work hand in hand with the anti gun nuts in countries that have banned guns.

They'll say no one needs a tube that holds 6-8 rounds!!! That's WAAAYYY more than you need to shoot a deer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemFire View Post
So if a shotgun is so much more effective as a weapon then what's the problem?.
Mosin, you're too late cause anything over 6 in NY is already banned and that will include those previously grandfathered in.

RemFire, if you have to ask then you'll never understand. Americans become anxious when slimy dumb politicians tell us what guns to use and knowing they only eventually want to remove them from our possession like King George attempted to do. Mate we live in two different worlds.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM   #16

Liked 178 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 44

You have to wonder things....Like we all know that shotguns and pistols won't go through the military body armor,but AR's will,and that's the first thing they want to ban,makes you wonder the deep plots of the enemy within our borders.

S&W 915 9mm
Mossberg 500 Mariner 12ga
1945 Win 94
Ruger MKIII 22/45 4"
Savage MK II
Ruger SP101 .357
Kung-Fu Moves

orangello Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 11:43 PM   #17

Liked 35 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Mosin, you're too late cause anything over 6 in NY is already banned and that will include those previously grandfathered in.

RemFire, if you have to ask then you'll never understand. Americans become anxious when slimy dumb politicians tell us what guns to use and knowing they only eventually want to remove them from our possession like King George attempted to do. Mate we live in two different worlds.
Sorry my fault, I will edit the post as I mean what is 'his' problem, if the shotgun is so much more effective, as that's what he seems to be implying.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatoth View Post
You have to wonder things....Like we all know that shotguns and pistols won't go through the military body armor,but AR's will,and that's the first thing they want to ban,makes you wonder the deep plots of the enemy within our borders.
Shot placement may become more and more important.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #19

Liked 80 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 11

really double ot buck wont? a 30 30 wont or a 30-06 wont? well placed shots from distance may be what instore on horseback back to the old west

Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2144 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

I think Joe "The Mushmouth" Biden's anti-gun record speaks for itself.

Quote:
Joe Biden, the running mate of Barack Obama, is one of the most anti gun rights politicians in Government, although Biden falsely tries to pass himself off as pro gun:
The Brady Campaign endorses Joe Biden, saying, “Senator Biden has been a consistent supporter of the Brady Campaign,” and “a key player in the fight for the federal assault weapons ban that passed in 1994″
Biden introduced an “assault weapons” ban in Congress five years before the Clinton gun and magazine ban was imposed. In 1989, Biden’s Senate Bill 1970 proposed to ban the Colt AR-15 and eight similar firearms as “assault weapons,” and authorize the Secretary of the Treasury (in reality, BATF) and the Attorney General to recommend to Congress any other firearms, regardless of type, to be banned as “additional assault weapons.”
Biden was instrumental in the passage of the 1994 Clinton gun and magazine ban. Biden reiterated his support for the ban—and, in fact, took credit for authoring it—in response to a question at the CNN & YouTube debate earlier this year (see the video below). Biden voted for the ban on a stand-alone vote in 1993, and voted to extend the ban in 2004 as an amendment to the “Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.” He also included a renewal of the ban in his crime bill last year, along with gun show restrictions.
Joe Biden’s S. 2237 proposes to renew the Clinton ban on roughly 200 makes and models of semi-automatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns on the basis of things like the shape of their grips, and on ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds, regardless of the kind of firearm in which they are used.
Biden voted against the law that prohibits lawsuits designed to bankrupt law-abiding firearm manufacturers and dealers. He also refused to sign the Congressional brief in Heller, and voted to confirm only one of the five justices who ruled in favor of the Second Amendment in Heller, yet he voted to confirm all four justices who voted against the Second Amendment in that case.
Simply put, Biden and Obama may very well be the most anti gun candidates this country has ever seen.
This guy would have all our guns if he could, including shotguns. Like most politicians he's just trying to take our eye off the ball by spouting a bunch of goofy crap, something he's expert at I might add.