Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Beware of Mark Kelly

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 397
Liked 145 Times on 99 Posts

Default

Why just Mark Kelley?

And, what kind of pinhead would sell a weapon to an unknown individual over the Internet?

__________________
jigs-n-fixture is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,426
Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Doc: It's a bill of rights, not a bill of needs. Btw, I own a G19 for CC and it does double duty as my HD sidearm. I use 15 rnd mags on the street. When I get home I keep a 15 rnd mag in it, but my reload is a 33 rnd mag. Also, if I travel same deal. 33 rnd reload in the vehicle and 15 rnd mags on my body. If I backpack I carry a 33 rnd for reload in my pack. I want to build a 9mm AR that takes 33 rnd mags. The list could go on and on. Remember, we can't give one inch regarding our freedoms, look at NY. First 10 rnd only, now 7 rnd only. What's next, maybe 5 rnd, then 3 rnd, then.....single shot only.

__________________
1911love is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #33
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
danf_fl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: LA (Lower Alabama),FL
Posts: 9,723
Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
Why just Mark Kelley?

And, what kind of pinhead would sell a weapon to an unknown individual over the Internet?
Sellers on the gun auction sites do not know who is buying (but there are good deals to be had, and it happens all the time.)

Those who have been doing transfers get to know our regular customers. I have turned down a transfer when questionable things came about.
__________________

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

danf_fl is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
7point62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Decisive Terrain
Posts: 1,679
Liked 890 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post

The 2A goes, they all go.


QFT. Believe it. They will fall like dominoes.
__________________
7point62 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 544
Liked 265 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
He is a slime bag, and yes I got the right to say it
Worse, he is a hypocrit!!! Was buying an AR-15 for himself and then, when the news broke, tried to lie out of it.

By the way, has anyone seen the picture of Gabby holding an AR-15 prior to during her 2010 election? She stated that she wanted a tougher image for the voters.
__________________
Warrior1256 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #36
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Doc3402's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jacksonville,FL
Posts: 2,810
Liked 1721 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Doc: It's a bill of rights, not a bill of needs. Btw, I own a G19 for CC and it does double duty as my HD sidearm. I use 15 rnd mags on the street. When I get home I keep a 15 rnd mag in it, but my reload is a 33 rnd mag. Also, if I travel same deal. 33 rnd reload in the vehicle and 15 rnd mags on my body. If I backpack I carry a 33 rnd for reload in my pack. I want to build a 9mm AR that takes 33 rnd mags. The list could go on and on. Remember, we can't give one inch regarding our freedoms, look at NY. First 10 rnd only, now 7 rnd only. What's next, maybe 5 rnd, then 3 rnd, then.....single shot only.
I see your point, but apparently I haven't made mine as clearly as I could have. Let me see if I can find another way to express it.

You want to be able to keep your 33 round magazine. Mr Kelly disagrees with you needing a 33 round magazine. So far, so good. You are vocal in your thoughts about it, and so is he. I can understand both points of view. Yours stems from the what if I ever need it side, and his stems from the fact that the shooter that turned his wife's brain to mush was using a similar magazine. Again, I understand both sides.

Here's where we differ. He has as much right to voice his opinion as you do. Whether or not you agree with him is not the point. The point is that he should not be silenced. It's his constitutional right to voice his opinion. Calling him an asshat as so many in this thread have is not productive, either. Rather than call people names, logically point out the error in their ways.

Don't you think he or someone on his side of the controversy is doing Google searches right now to find out what the overall reaction is from our side of the controversy? We look like a bunch of pre-adolescent morons, and we're the people that want to own deadly weapons? Where is the reason and logic we should be showing as responsible gun owners? Where is the ability to use our minds to form a logical argument as an adult should? Is the way we're reacting giving people a lot of faith in our threat assessment abilities? Good, God people. What's next? Are you going to tell him his mother wears combat boots?
__________________
Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.
Doc3402 is offline  
locutus Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 8,366
Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3742

Default

[QUOTE=Doc3402;1177877
We look like a bunch of pre-adolescent morons, and we're the people that want to own deadly weapons? Where is the reason and logic we should be showing as responsible gun owners? Where is the ability to use our minds to form a logical argument as an adult should? Is the way we're reacting giving people a lot of faith in our threat assessment abilities? Good, God people. What's next? Are you going to tell him his mother wears combat boots?[/QUOTE]

Doc, you can't overcome arrogant fanaticism with reason and logic.

Some folks are arrogant enough to believe that their viewpoint is so obviously correct that only a fool could possibly disagree with them.

__________________
locutus is offline  
shadecorp Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,426
Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Doc: I don't belittle him or call him names for using his 1A rights. I don't disrespect any of the amendments. I belittle and call him names bc he is taking his tragedy to try and take away my freedoms. That isn't ok in my book and I longer have any respect or sympathy for him.

Do I want him to STFU? Yes! Would I try and make him STFU? No, it's his right to talk.

Does he want to disarm me? Yes. Would he try and make me disarm(if he could)? Yes, and that goes against my 2A rights.

The diff is I don't want to take or limit his rights, he wants to TAKE and LIMIT my rights. Who's the bad guy here???

__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
NC1760's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nawth Cackalackee
Posts: 898
Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I hope that none of you folks ever have to endure what that man did.
While I have all the sympathy I can muster for anyone who has had this happen.. IF it were to happen to me, I would stay focused on the real issue here.. We do not have a gun problem in this country... We have a crime/criminal/resitivism and crazy person problem. All the effort, energy and (especially) taxpayer $$ going into the current anti-gun efforts would be much better spent tackling those real issues.

Stop blaming the tool and focus on the monkeys that get their hands on it and wields it !!

Follow up... To those that think there is NOT a correlation between anti-gunners and reallocation of funds from where they need to be ; http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22774322?source=pop_section_news
__________________

Last edited by NC1760; 03-16-2013 at 08:42 PM.
NC1760 is offline  
shadecorp Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Some folks are arrogant enough to believe that their viewpoint is so obviously correct that only a fool could possibly disagree with them.
I absolutely couldn't agree more.
__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
WNGMSTR Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Mark Kelly (Gabby Gifford's husband) bought an AR-15 JAD Legal and Activism 99 03-28-2013 07:46 PM
mark kelly yoteseeker Arizona Gun Forum 4 03-28-2013 05:06 AM
Beware of World's Gym!! Gojubrian Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 07-03-2009 05:32 PM
Beware.....chestnutridge.com.......beware bluesteel762x51 The Club House 8 04-16-2008 09:03 PM