Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Beware of Mark Kelly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 145 Times on 99 Posts

Why just Mark Kelley?

And, what kind of pinhead would sell a weapon to an unknown individual over the Internet?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #32

Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Doc: It's a bill of rights, not a bill of needs. Btw, I own a G19 for CC and it does double duty as my HD sidearm. I use 15 rnd mags on the street. When I get home I keep a 15 rnd mag in it, but my reload is a 33 rnd mag. Also, if I travel same deal. 33 rnd reload in the vehicle and 15 rnd mags on my body. If I backpack I carry a 33 rnd for reload in my pack. I want to build a 9mm AR that takes 33 rnd mags. The list could go on and on. Remember, we can't give one inch regarding our freedoms, look at NY. First 10 rnd only, now 7 rnd only. What's next, maybe 5 rnd, then 3 rnd, then.....single shot only.

Old 03-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #33
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigs-n-fixture View Post
Why just Mark Kelley?

And, what kind of pinhead would sell a weapon to an unknown individual over the Internet?
Sellers on the gun auction sites do not know who is buying (but there are good deals to be had, and it happens all the time.)

Those who have been doing transfers get to know our regular customers. I have turned down a transfer when questionable things came about.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 03-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 890 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post

The 2A goes, they all go.

QFT. Believe it. They will fall like dominoes.

Old 03-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #35

Liked 265 Times on 159 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
He is a slime bag, and yes I got the right to say it
Worse, he is a hypocrit!!! Was buying an AR-15 for himself and then, when the news broke, tried to lie out of it.

By the way, has anyone seen the picture of Gabby holding an AR-15 prior to during her 2010 election? She stated that she wanted a tougher image for the voters.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #36
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1721 Times on 971 Posts
Likes Given: 1295

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Doc: It's a bill of rights, not a bill of needs. Btw, I own a G19 for CC and it does double duty as my HD sidearm. I use 15 rnd mags on the street. When I get home I keep a 15 rnd mag in it, but my reload is a 33 rnd mag. Also, if I travel same deal. 33 rnd reload in the vehicle and 15 rnd mags on my body. If I backpack I carry a 33 rnd for reload in my pack. I want to build a 9mm AR that takes 33 rnd mags. The list could go on and on. Remember, we can't give one inch regarding our freedoms, look at NY. First 10 rnd only, now 7 rnd only. What's next, maybe 5 rnd, then 3 rnd, then.....single shot only.
I see your point, but apparently I haven't made mine as clearly as I could have. Let me see if I can find another way to express it.

You want to be able to keep your 33 round magazine. Mr Kelly disagrees with you needing a 33 round magazine. So far, so good. You are vocal in your thoughts about it, and so is he. I can understand both points of view. Yours stems from the what if I ever need it side, and his stems from the fact that the shooter that turned his wife's brain to mush was using a similar magazine. Again, I understand both sides.

Here's where we differ. He has as much right to voice his opinion as you do. Whether or not you agree with him is not the point. The point is that he should not be silenced. It's his constitutional right to voice his opinion. Calling him an asshat as so many in this thread have is not productive, either. Rather than call people names, logically point out the error in their ways.

Don't you think he or someone on his side of the controversy is doing Google searches right now to find out what the overall reaction is from our side of the controversy? We look like a bunch of pre-adolescent morons, and we're the people that want to own deadly weapons? Where is the reason and logic we should be showing as responsible gun owners? Where is the ability to use our minds to form a logical argument as an adult should? Is the way we're reacting giving people a lot of faith in our threat assessment abilities? Good, God people. What's next? Are you going to tell him his mother wears combat boots?
Old 03-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4721 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3742

[QUOTE=Doc3402;1177877
We look like a bunch of pre-adolescent morons, and we're the people that want to own deadly weapons? Where is the reason and logic we should be showing as responsible gun owners? Where is the ability to use our minds to form a logical argument as an adult should? Is the way we're reacting giving people a lot of faith in our threat assessment abilities? Good, God people. What's next? Are you going to tell him his mother wears combat boots?[/QUOTE]

Doc, you can't overcome arrogant fanaticism with reason and logic.

Some folks are arrogant enough to believe that their viewpoint is so obviously correct that only a fool could possibly disagree with them.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 PM   #38

Liked 608 Times on 365 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Doc: I don't belittle him or call him names for using his 1A rights. I don't disrespect any of the amendments. I belittle and call him names bc he is taking his tragedy to try and take away my freedoms. That isn't ok in my book and I longer have any respect or sympathy for him.

Do I want him to STFU? Yes! Would I try and make him STFU? No, it's his right to talk.

Does he want to disarm me? Yes. Would he try and make me disarm(if he could)? Yes, and that goes against my 2A rights.

The diff is I don't want to take or limit his rights, he wants to TAKE and LIMIT my rights. Who's the bad guy here???

Old 03-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #39

Liked 627 Times on 348 Posts
Likes Given: 1244

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
I hope that none of you folks ever have to endure what that man did.
While I have all the sympathy I can muster for anyone who has had this happen.. IF it were to happen to me, I would stay focused on the real issue here.. We do not have a gun problem in this country... We have a crime/criminal/resitivism and crazy person problem. All the effort, energy and (especially) taxpayer $$ going into the current anti-gun efforts would be much better spent tackling those real issues.

Stop blaming the tool and focus on the monkeys that get their hands on it and wields it !!

Follow up... To those that think there is NOT a correlation between anti-gunners and reallocation of funds from where they need to be ; http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_22774322?source=pop_section_news

Last edited by NC1760; 03-16-2013 at 08:42 PM.
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6542 Times on 3633 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Some folks are arrogant enough to believe that their viewpoint is so obviously correct that only a fool could possibly disagree with them.
I absolutely couldn't agree more.