Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Beware of Mark Kelly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #21
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 946 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
I respect his service, but he is behaving in a very dishonest way over the whole gun control argument. He is just another elitist who thinks he should have guns but we cant be trusted with them. Another phrase would be an elitist scumbag.
He has been bought and paid for. From what I've read he and his wife were 2A supporters until the event, now, they want to strip us of our God given Right to protect ourselves and replace it with govt. protection?

All or nothing crowd? Freedom by definition is all or nothing.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #22
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1353 Times on 688 Posts
Likes Given: 1011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTX63 View Post
Gabby wasn't shot with an AR 15, so why the conern over how easy it is to purchase one? She was shot with a handgun. An evil handgun. Oh wait, that is the same kind of gun he just bought and is keeping. Sorry.

Yep.
Gifford was shot with a Glock 9.
President Reagan (and Brady) were shot with a Rohm .22 revolver.
John Lennon was shot with a .38.

Reagan had a punctured lung and severe internal hemorrhaging, went into shock, lost over half his blood volume and had to have a thoracotomy. At age 70 he came pretty close to buying the farm. In the aftermath, Nancy Reagan did not go on an anti-assault weapons crusade like Kelly because it wouldn't have made a bit of sense to do so.

Chapman, Hinkley and Loughner all had two things in common. They all used handguns and they are all raving lunatics.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #23

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

I'm just a lowly redneck from Kentucky, so I'm sure my two cents won't matter much one way or the other here, but I'd like to weigh in myself for a minute on this subject.

I think I agree with everyone that has posted. Mr. Kelley is a scumbag, but only because of his misguided opinion on this matter. Mr. Kelley should know that we have the rights we have because our forefathers wanted us armed to fight tyranny in the future. Therefore, we do need the high capacity magazines that he is trying to see banned. He is using himself and his spot in the spotlight to campaign against something that he feels Americans don't need. The reason he feels like we don't need them is because his wife was shot in the head and almost lost her life, while many of her constituents did lose their lives. What he is doing is misguided and is not thought through well at all, however, he is using his first amendment right, and I will not be upset about that. What I will do is be upset at the way he is going about what he is doing. It doesn't seem right to me, but that is my opinion. Maybe if my loved one was shot in the head it would trigger something in me to do the same thing, I doubt it, but it may. I think his efforts would pay off much better if he were to be fighting for some sort of mental health reform. The people who are committing these mass shootings are clearly sick individuals, they need treatment, not access to firearms.

So in summary, Mr. Kelley is an asshat. I do not agree with his "target" for his frustrations and anger and hurt, however, I am not holy enough to say he can't practice his 1st amendment right...even if he is using it to take away our second amendment rights. People do it everyday, people who's wife wasn't shot in the head, why are we giving this douche such a hard time and not the thousand other people that speak against us out of only stupidity. I believe his anger towards this stuff will pass, my only fear is that once it passes and he sees the light if someone will line his pockets to "feel" the same way a while longer...

Old 03-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNGMSTR View Post
All or nothing crowd? Freedom by definition is all or nothing.
Very true. Now, would you strip him of his First Amendment rights to do what he is doing? That's what I mean by the all or nothing crowd. The all or nothing crowd to me is the crowd that is willing to ignore every other part of the Constitution while still vehemently objecting to any point of view that doesn't allow them ownership of any weapon they care to own. As long as the all or nothing crowd can have unlimited access to their desired weapons, they don't care how many other individual or states rights they step on.

Well, folks, some of you are stepping on Mr Kelly's free speech rights. Aren't you glad that that same right allows you to get together on this forum to voice your opinion of his actions? Ya gotta love that First Amendment.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #25
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 946 Times on 495 Posts
Likes Given: 503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Very true. Now, would you strip him of his First Amendment rights to do what he is doing? That's what I mean by the all or nothing crowd. The all or nothing crowd to me is the crowd that is willing to ignore every other part of the Constitution while still vehemently objecting to any point of view that doesn't allow them ownership of any weapon they care to own. As long as the all or nothing crowd can have unlimited access to their desired weapons, they don't care how many other individual or states rights they step on.

Well, folks, some of you are stepping on Mr Kelly's free speech rights. Aren't you glad that that same right allows you to get together on this forum to voice your opinion of his actions? Ya gotta love that First Amendment.
Interesting, without he 2A there will be no 1A.

I've not called to silence Mark Kelly, stating support for his postion is abhorrent and unjust if we truly seek to keep our 2A right. Using a bought and paid for bully pulpit do deliver hammer blows to the 2A using the 1A, that is hypocritical don't you think? Picking and choosing any Amendment to tear down another is why we are at this place of diviseness in the first place.

The 2A goes, they all go. All or nothing.

What has it been 4-5 years since the event, now after Sandy Hook they decide to jump in face first for gun control. Assanine to believe this is anything but "in the now" fabrication.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:18 PM   #26

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

If he does not want to own a gun or if he wants to voice his opinion about guns that is his right. But he does not have the right to tell anyone else what they can and cannot have. He is a slime bag

Old 03-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #27
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2645 Times on 1541 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

Just because an FFL can transfer firearms, there is no law that states the FFL must transfer.

Pick your customers wisely.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 03-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2570 Times on 1288 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
This man just had his wife shot in the eff'n head!!

He is lashing out in his grief and anger. He is going in the wrong direction, and blaming the wrong thing. But that doesn't give anyone the right to call him a dirtbag just because he loves his wife ands he's angry.

THINK ABOUT IT!
What's the statute of limitations on this sympathy?

Is Sarah Brady still subject to sympathy, or can we start calling out her actions?
I respected his wife and I respected him. However, a tragedy does not give someone carte blanche to crap all over everyone they erroneously and emotionally blame for their situation. Some allowances, sure, but sympathy only goes so far when your throwing bombs.
NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Last edited by Overkill0084; 03-15-2013 at 04:55 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #29
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 520 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 2274

I would like to sit down with him and over some coffee,
and ask,
just what is your plan with this.
I do truly feel for him and the wife,
and of course the others involved.
But,
What are you trying to prove???

Old 03-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #30
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2196 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

The bottom line is I understand his hurt! But he has or is becoming a puppet for the administration. I thought he would be more intelligent than that! And being military and an astronaut! Guess Not!
Why not expend that energy on the real problem being "mental illness"! And keeping the guns out of their hands instead of attacking the American law abiding citizens? But he is in my opinion becoming an attacker of the us and our Constitutional and Second Amendment Rights. I also hate it very much that Gabby was the victim of a mentally deranged gunman! It could have been a knife or other weapon just as easily because everyone had access to her at the time. And despite the fact of now marching to the wrong banner glad she survived. Although there is another issue. I do not think she is mentally OK. I understand that also regarding the processing of logical thoughts. As I recall before this happened she was one of the few Dems that was all in support of the Second Amendment without stipulation. It is very sad this happened to a good lady! But not at the price of attacking Constitutional Rights.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

People Like This