Better off with no gun ? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Better off with no gun ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Axxe stop feeding the little green idjit and MAYBE he will leave.

Attachment 46366

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did
for once his post actually had some sense to it!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #42

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

for once his post actually had some sense to it!
One out of how many? Most make him sound like a 13 year old kid trying to be tough.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #43

Liked 4885 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

How many CCW holders have lost there freedom for "a momentary lapse of reason?" Never seen a stat on this but the percentage of revoked permits is 1/10th of 1%. without even knowing that stat you can still be certain the number is very near ZERO. Our rabidly anti gun and anti self defense media WILL jump on any chance to paint gun owners in a bad light.

Am I always in control of my emotions? In 17 years of daily CCW in a very high stress profession I honestly can not recall a single situation where emotions made me want to shoot anyone so I guess the answer is yes. I'm in control and imagine most adult citizens are as well.

How many times has CCW prevented serious bodily injury to ME? Exactly 3 times.

I would have to say the inconvenience and perceived risk of carrying a loaded gun daily is WELL WORTH the risk. I see no merit in the risk dreamed up by the Hoplophobic OP/Troll who posted this drivel.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 05-21-2012 at 01:25 AM.

Old 05-21-2012, 02:14 AM   #44

Liked 216 Times on 162 Posts

I just want to say I am enjoying this post, and the lack of squabbles and attacks. Very thought provoking thread.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #45

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
The anti gun people want you to have the no gun attitude. Give in and they win.
That's in line with Holder's attitude, reflected from a speech he gave while as a U.S. Attorney in 1995.

The defining comment is near the end:

Quote:
“We need to do this every day of the week, and just really brainwash people into thinking about guns in a vastly different way.”

Old 05-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #46

Liked 2544 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1976

Once again history plays a role here.

Many will claim the mainland USA has never been invaded.

Anybody who actually knows our history is aware that

our mainland has been invaded, along the Mexican

border (Still a problem today? Things that make you go " Hmmm,"...)

particularly, many times. And in most cases,it was the average,

ordinary, everyday citizens with the courage, fortitude,

their own firearms, there, defending the land, and driving off the invaders.

So the real truth is, "Due to our Constitutional

freedoms, the USA mainland has never been successfully

invaded.".

I have to honestly wonder what kind of surrealistic, lame-brained,

PC circle jerks B.O., Hillary, and Holder were having during

all their History classes throughout grammar school, high school,

and college...

Last edited by therewolf; 05-21-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:09 PM   #47

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
It really became apparent during my Father in law conceal carry class, how much we are expected to know all the intimate details of of the laws, but the LEO's are not. The owner of the gun store was one of the instructors and an LEO, and he said multiple times, the police do not know the law, do not depend on them knowing the law. One of the other employees was also instructing and talked about how an LEO from another department called the store looking for advice... SMH. I was sitting in the class and have spent a fair amount of time trying to understand MI screwy firearm laws. I voiced some clarifying details several times, and on one touchy point, the owner made a comment about how 90% of LEO interpret the law differently, and while he agreed I was correct, following that line would earn a night in the iron cage.
Good point and I've run into this one myself. The local Barney Fife pulled me over one day because I had a headlight modulator on my motorcycle. By Federal law they are legal for motorcycles in all 50 states.

Anyway, he told me that he could immediately take my motorcycle and arrest me. He lectured me on his knowledge of the law and the duties of an officer to uphold those laws.
He said that I would immediately disconnect the device and not use it in his town again.

I kept silent, respectful and gave him undue respect. Afterward, I called traffic division of the local PD and made a complaint. The Lieutenant later called me back and apologized for his behavior and lack of knowledge and assured me he would correct the situation. I suppose they all had to research the laws? This same officer had bullied me previously while on a smaller motorcycle. He had pulled me over for a "Security check" I kid you not that he suggested -- Quote - "that I get a real motorcycle". My driving record is spotless btw and I drive very conservatively. The positive of this is that he is no longer on this Police Department.

The point is, I will never again expect Police Officers to be aware of the law. Kind of alarming when you have people carrying guns and the weight of authority on their side and no clue what's legal or not. I wonder if there are any who are not aware that it's legal to have a CCW and carry a firearm?

Last edited by galapogos; 05-21-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #48

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
I would have to say the inconvenience and perceived risk of carrying a loaded gun daily is WELL WORTH the risk. I see no merit in the risk dreamed up by the Hoplophobic OP/Troll who posted this drivel.
Tack
This part of your post makes me doubt everything else you said in it.

Once again it becomes apparent the "diversity" of people who visit forums. Your personal attack betrays your claim of maturity and control imo.

But thx for checking in just the same.,

Old 05-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #49

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post
I just want to say I am enjoying this post, and the lack of squabbles and attacks. Very thought provoking thread.
Couldn't agree more. That's all it was about. Some can't handle too much thinking.

Last edited by galapogos; 05-21-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #50

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
I know that I might not be here if I had not had a gun when I needed it. I will carry and live with the risk. The anti gun people want you to have the no gun attitude. Give in and they win.
My wife thinks I'm a gun freak.

I have numerous rifles, pistols and shot guns and a respectable stash of ammo.
About to buy another .45 acp.
Anyone who believes my post is about discouraging anyone from having guns is sadly mistaken.

It's about keeping them in light of all the Libs in Washington and elsewhere applying constant pressure to take those rights away. It's about avoiding the traps and pit falls that are set by them to try to get them from us. Owing guns requires more than a purchase. It requires thinking as well. And apparently a lot of folks here don't mind a little thought provoking.

Last edited by galapogos; 05-21-2012 at 04:41 PM.