A better argument for high capacity magazines - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

A better argument for high capacity magazines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 08:55 PM   #11
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
Oh, but having 500 horsepower is a right, right? Ban evil "assault cars". I do not recall any metion of cars in the Constitution.
If the government were to try to force people to do something to their cars so they would not go over 60mph, there would be an outrage and the government would be sued for everything they have because they would be infringing on our car rights, which is not protected by the constitution, but when they go after our gun rights, which is protected by the constitution, it's ok.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #12

Liked 717 Times on 468 Posts
Likes Given: 1952

It's not a question of if I need it. You dont need designer clothing, a V8 in your car or brick on your house.

The question is will it benefit society in any way if I don't have them, the answer is no.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

كافر
vincent Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #13

Liked 4743 Times on 2362 Posts
Likes Given: 1135

... Because the NDAA now allows indefinite detention of Americans without trial...
End thread.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #14
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6401 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Oh, but having 500 horsepower is a right, right? Ban evil "assault cars". I do not recall any metion of cars in the Constitution.
Guilty as charged of more than 500 hp and loving every minute of it.

A better argument for high capacity magazines - Legal and Activism

Old 12-20-2012, 10:28 PM   #15

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

NAME me a case wherein a US civilian, since the advent of the 1911, has NEEDED to HIT more than 2 attackers, or needed this "medium range" stuff with the rifle. :-) What you need is to get to cover, get on the cell phone, and don't let the enemy outflank your cover. HE has to flee, soon, all you need to do is stay covered, peeking out (one eye only) now and then, from different spots, to keep track of what the enemy is doing. I love the AR, I will fight to keep it, literally, but your argument is very, very weak here, dude.

Eff whether or not it "benefits society". All I need or ask of society is that they leave me be, they have no right or reason to ask more of me than I ask of them.

Old 12-20-2012, 10:34 PM   #16

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp anyone???
Bad example. She escaped while the gunman was reloading!

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #17

Liked 134 Times on 86 Posts

If you limit the amount of rounds a person is allowed to carry, you can guarantee that they will make every round count. What's next after the hi-cap ban? Ban training because people got to be to good with the 10 rounds the can carry?

Old 12-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threetango View Post
Guilty as charged of more than 500 hp and loving every minute of it.

A better argument for high capacity magazines - Legal and Activism

500 HP and poor trigger control!

Sorry, it needed to be said.

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 12-20-2012, 10:49 PM   #19

From another thread, but this is the best argument. The argument shouldn't be why 30-round capacity, but why not.

Props to drvsafe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvsafe View Post
I feel that the question isn't why want it, it's really what is claimed will be accomplished by banning them. Will mass murders not murder in masses because they only have access to 15 rounds magazines? Is it the 30 round magazine that prompts people to snap and head out to kill people in masses?

If there is empirical evidence of the fact that mass murders can be prevented if 30 round magazines were banned, then I'm in, sign me up. <--THIS

If not than it's another example of swinging a hammer on a screw head.

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 12-20-2012 at 11:32 PM.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #20
Weapons Aficianado
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6401 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1812

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
500 HP and poor trigger control!

Sorry, it needed to be said.

No need to be sorry, my land my rules.