Bernalillo County, NM holds last gun buyback
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bernalillo County, NM holds last gun buyback

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1827 Times on 1052 Posts
Likes Given: 3750

Default Bernalillo County, NM holds last gun buyback

I watch the video, not much on those tables. Did not see the so-called 2 assault weapons they indicated.

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/local/central/bernalillo-county-holds-last-gun-buyback

Bernalillo County holds last gun buyback

ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Hundreds of guns, including assault rifles, are off the streets in Albuquerque after another buyback event.

Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies say they took in two assault rifles, 175 handguns and 149 long-guns Saturday at their last buyback event.

The buyback programs began after the Sandy Hook massacre that left 26 people dead, many were children.

In exchange, the county handed out $40,000 worth of gift cards.

Gun enthusiasts were also at Saturday’s event holding posters and saying the buyback is only taking guns away from law-abiding citizens.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #2

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

What if pro-gun people set up a table across the street. The Pro Gun people could offer free estimates and places where the guns could be legally sold for nearer market value? Pro gun people would not offer to buy any of these firearms.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:27 PM   #3

Liked 179 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 53

They got these guns "off the streets"? I would think that none of these were ever on the streets.

Old 02-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #4

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I have never heard of or witnessed a buyback event where a bad guy turned in a weapon nor have I heard of any weapon that was turned in that was found to have been used in a crime. What I did observe were many senior citizens, mostly women, turning in their now deceased husbands weapons. I turned in many fine collector grade weapons at last years Tampa buy back. Lets see, I turned in a Jennings/Bryco, Rohm and a Lorcin. Note: none of these weapons were in safe operating condition from new out of the box.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by chuckusaret; 02-25-2013 at 04:12 PM.
locutus Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #5
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1827 Times on 1052 Posts
Likes Given: 3750

Santa Fe had a Gun Buy Back and they released the names of people who got IOU's.

Santa Fe is very liberal!

Santa Fe releases names from gun buyback program

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2937891.shtml

Old 02-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #6

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Bernalillo County sheriff's deputies say they took in two Modern Sporting Rifles... and 149 long-guns Saturday at their last buyback event.
There's not even a difference other than long-guns includes shotguns. IDIOTS

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.