Bernalillo County To Hold First Gun Buyback Event This Saturday
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bernalillo County To Hold First Gun Buyback Event This Saturday

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #1
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1960 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 4146

Angry Bernalillo County To Hold First Gun Buyback Event This Saturday

More buyback in my area. Liberals at work in my area. They can F off

http://kunm.org/post/bernalillo-county-hold-first-gun-buyback-event-saturday

Bernalillo County To Hold First Gun Buyback Event This Saturday

In the wake of recent mass shootings, several cities and counties have started gun-by back programs, hoping to reduce the number of dangerous weapons on the streets. Last month Santa Fe held a successful buy-back weekend. Tuesday Bernalillo County Commissioners announced a no-questions asked Safe Surrender and Buyback program for February 9 and 23rd.

County Commissioner Debbie O’Malley says gun-owners should bring their unloaded but working firearms to one of two designated sites on those days. In return they’ll get a cash card per gun worth from $150 to 200 dollars. “It is our hope that the Safe Surrender will be successful in promoting a safer community by encouraging individuals and families to take inventory of their firearms,” O'Malley said at the press conference announcing the program.

Most of the firearms will be melted down for school art projects around the County.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #2

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Take some cash and start your own "buyback". I always loved the term "buyback". To buy something back you would have had to own said item previously. You mean to tell me all the WMD assault weapons were originally sold in the streets by local PDs??? If it's a buyback then it must be true!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:38 AM   #3
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1960 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 4146

Here is the result of the Albuquerque gun buy back today, I would have been out there and trying to purchase a weapon; but, had to work!

Protestors were purchasing, more to follow tonight!

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/local/central/first-county-buyback-collects-300-guns

Among the weapons people surrendered were boxes of pistols, seven assault weapons and a Street Sweeper, a shotgun with a drum-style magazine.

There also were two historic shotguns from the 1900s.

Old 02-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #4

Liked 3053 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 2077

Default would it be wrong?

would it be wrong to take an old beat up rusted gun you have in a storage shed (you're afraid to shoot ), sell it to one of these drives....

and immediately turn around and buy a stack of ammo or put it down on a new gun?

Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #5

Liked 640 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Hawk, they say they want all these dangerous guns off the street. Your beater gun doesn't sound safe so I think it would be the right thing to do to sell it to them.

Old 02-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2180 Times on 1187 Posts
Likes Given: 643

Clean the gun up. shorten the barrel to 18.5" and spray paint it camo so they cant see the rust. Make sure you dont leave any fingerprints on it. You might get the extra $50.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Hawk, they say they want all these dangerous guns off the street. Your beater gun doesn't sound safe so I think it would be the right thing to do to sell it to them.
oh, it IS a dangerous gun! probably as dangerous to the shooter as whoever it could be pointed at.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Clean the gun up. shorten the barrel to 18.5" and spray paint it camo so they cant see the rust. Make sure you dont leave any fingerprints on it. You might get the extra $50.
100 + 50 for "tactical" paint and barrel....

how do i add a pistol grip for $50 more? would duct taping a pistol grip from an old toy do the trick?

wait....would black paint bring more money???

Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
would it be wrong to take an old beat up rusted gun you have in a storage shed (you're afraid to shoot ), sell it to one of these drives....

and immediately turn around and buy a stack of ammo or put it down on a new gun?
Not at all or as you are leaving the buyback area see if someone has a firearm you want and trade them the card or cash you got for it!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 AM   #10

Liked 500 Times on 299 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Were they throwing some shrimp on the barbie for those brain washed morons turning their guns over to them, cause it's starting to look a lot like down under?