The Battle Of Athens

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The Battle Of Athens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 477 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Default The Battle Of Athens

I never knew this, but this really happened. What happened didn't require some committee to be appointed to do a study, nor any psychological discussions. These were WWII returned veterans doing things the American way. Watch it to the end and see the real people involved.
www.voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-of-Athens.html

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 01-16-2013 at 09:20 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #2

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Yeah, I saw a documentary about the incident on T.V. Very good point.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #3

Compared to the election fraud today that was child's play. Eric Holder dropped a case against the Panthers for carrying a nightstick intimidating voters at the election polls 4 years ago and that's after the govt won the case by default. I saw on TV during the last election people were noting in a school while there was a large mural of the Messiah on the wall. Someone started to complain and a small curtain was hung up and only partially covered the picture. Then of course you have acorn, which needs no explanation. In upstate NY there's a town which allows non citizens to vote in school elections. No voter picture ID required in order to vote is another dandy thing to worry about. That's only the tip of the iceberg. I have no faith that our elections are honest, or accurate. With corrupt elections we're nothing but a 3rd world country and that's a tragedy.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

In regards to a community defending itself from tyranny; a point often missed in "The Battle Of Athens" is that the vets used arms that were taken from the local armory. They did NOT use their own weapons.

Last edited by Vincine; 01-17-2013 at 04:07 AM.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
In regards to a community defending itself from tyranny; a point often missed in "The Battle Of Athens" is that the vets used arms that were taken from the local armory. They did NOT use their own weapons.
It wasn't missed cause they made sure to say that the weapons were returned to the armory. The problem is that that was then and this is now. Things back then were simpler and there was an obvious line that patriotic people knew shouldn't be crossed by govt. Today with our govt embracing openly an anti democratic republic stand, which is not a democracy, has blurred the line and leaves most confused as to how far they can go in order to save their country, while properly acting within and defending the constitution.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:02 AM   #6

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine View Post
they took weapons from the local armory because they had the keys ..... do you or anyone you know have keys to your local armory?

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-17-2013, 06:02 AM   #7

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
they took weapons from the local armory because they had the keys ..... do you or anyone you know have keys to your local armory?
If by my local armory you mean my guns than yes. I need nothing else. now the things I want on the other hand...

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:59 AM   #8
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 887 Posts
Likes Given: 1332

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Yes, they had the keys. Do any civilians have the keys to their 'local armory' today? (I guess Ft. Drum would be ours up here.)