Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   The Battle Of Athens (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/battle-athens-81541/)

gunsmoke11 01-16-2013 10:12 PM

The Battle Of Athens

I never knew this, but this really happened. What happened didn't require some committee to be appointed to do a study, nor any psychological discussions. These were WWII returned veterans doing things the American way. Watch it to the end and see the real people involved.
www.voxvocispublicus.homestead.com/Battle-of-Athens.html

Warrior1256 01-17-2013 12:27 AM

Yeah, I saw a documentary about the incident on T.V. Very good point.

gunsmoke11 01-17-2013 12:55 AM

Compared to the election fraud today that was child's play. Eric Holder dropped a case against the Panthers for carrying a nightstick intimidating voters at the election polls 4 years ago and that's after the govt won the case by default. I saw on TV during the last election people were noting in a school while there was a large mural of the Messiah on the wall. Someone started to complain and a small curtain was hung up and only partially covered the picture. Then of course you have acorn, which needs no explanation. In upstate NY there's a town which allows non citizens to vote in school elections. No voter picture ID required in order to vote is another dandy thing to worry about. That's only the tip of the iceberg. I have no faith that our elections are honest, or accurate. With corrupt elections we're nothing but a 3rd world country and that's a tragedy.

Vincine 01-17-2013 05:04 AM

In regards to a community defending itself from tyranny; a point often missed in "The Battle Of Athens" is that the vets used arms that were taken from the local armory. They did NOT use their own weapons.

gunsmoke11 01-17-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 1097267)
In regards to a community defending itself from tyranny; a point often missed in "The Battle Of Athens" is that the vets used arms that were taken from the local armory. They did NOT use their own weapons.

It wasn't missed cause they made sure to say that the weapons were returned to the armory. The problem is that that was then and this is now. Things back then were simpler and there was an obvious line that patriotic people knew shouldn't be crossed by govt. Today with our govt embracing openly an anti democratic republic stand, which is not a democracy, has blurred the line and leaves most confused as to how far they can go in order to save their country, while properly acting within and defending the constitution.

dog2000tj 01-17-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 1097267)

they took weapons from the local armory because they had the keys ..... do you or anyone you know have keys to your local armory? :rolleyes:

Garadex 01-17-2013 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1097362)
they took weapons from the local armory because they had the keys ..... do you or anyone you know have keys to your local armory? :rolleyes:

If by my local armory you mean my guns than yes. I need nothing else. now the things I want on the other hand...

Vincine 01-17-2013 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 1097362)

Yes, they had the keys. Do any civilians have the keys to their 'local armory' today? (I guess Ft. Drum would be ours up here.)