Battle of Athens - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Battle of Athens

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #11
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
My rather terse reply is due to the OP's status. Since he couldn't follow the law, he's now decided to be a staunch advocate for constitutional freedoms up to and including revolution. Personally, I don't grant much credibility to folks that "gain" their enlightenment from a run-in with the law.
I see what you're saying. I guess we'll know what clip11's like over time.

People learn things different ways. Hopefully, the OP doesn't make a habit of learning things by bumping into the law. And hopefully, once the law is understood, anyone who objects to it would make rational, legal and peaceful efforts to address his objections.

Quote:
I first swore an oath to support and defend the constitution of the United States 38 years ago - and I NEVER want to see a revolution.
I suppose it all depends on the circumstances. I would never fight for a system that was opposed to the Constitution, but I would fight for one that sought to uphold or restore it.

Quote:
Folks that argue the "shall not be infringed" of the 2A after they've broken the law don't add much strength to our common argument. While I think I have a right to bear arms - I followed the current GA laws so I could LEGALLY exercise that right...
I hear you. A lot of folks think the Bill of Rights applies to every level of government, but it doesn't. You'd hope someone would make a call to the local cop shop and ask about carrying a concealed handgun before doing so but some folks don't think to do that. I'm not going to get too worried about someone who got a wake-up call the way the OP did. He's got some reading and learning to do, is all, probably.

Old 09-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Clip11, that was a very nice read. Like most American Citizens, I prefer using the ballot box but in the story given, unless protected and counted in front of the voters, the contents of the ballot boxes true count would never be known as the as the corrupt officials would announce the winners with whatever vote count they wanted them to have and the corrupt government would have continued.