BATF Shotgun Study is out - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > BATF Shotgun Study is out

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Well at the top of the third page it says it will use this study to determine the importability of certain shotguns.
so it's not a ruling but it is critera thereof In my uneducated, likely massively incorrect, opinion.

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 01-28-2011, 01:53 AM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Angry

So, how do we vote out the idiots at the BATF who obviously have confused their initials for BAMF? Are these fools appointed/anoited by somebody that i can vote against, heckle, berate, or assault with hate mail?

What i'm asking is "How do we (the citizens) dismantle, disband, dismiss, or demote the BATF legally?".

If they have gone after shotgun drum mags, will these anti-American scumbags go after drum mags for rifles next?

I don't have, need, or really even want a drum mag for myself, but i'll be damned if i would deprive a fellow countryman of his drum, should he want to bang it. Eventually, i guess we will have to start making our own guns like the scum in that kypher pass video.

I think next time, i'll just vote against ALL incumbants.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:35 AM   #13

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 23

Default Good News

It only says imported, that doesn't mean shotguns here can't be sportical. At least I hope not, I better buy some furniture soon if it means ALL sportical features are gonna be banned.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:18 AM   #14

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I think next time, i'll just vote against ALL incumbants.
I have been doing that since I started voting at 18. Been telling everyone I can to do the same - it's a duty, not a career!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 01-28-2011, 04:52 AM   #15

Liked 23 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well I wonder what law will come from this report. Have these guys forgot that people sometimes own tactical weapons for fun and sporting purposes? What's next do we ban all cars that aren't Prius'? After all the public has no reason to own anything other than that.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."
Thomas Jefferson
From the great speaker...er uh Barak Obongo

"Liberals make great proctologists. They're the only ones who truly know what the inside of an anus looks like."~me

Old 01-28-2011, 10:37 AM   #16
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

What does "sporting purpose" have to do with anything? The implication is that down the road sometime, laws will be made around firearms being suitable for sport only. It's just another ban.

We have to call them on the lie of their premise. 2A isn't about hunting or target shooting.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:12 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Why can't I hunt with any style gun I want? If I can hunt with an AR, AK, SKS or any other "assult rifle" why can't I hunt with a "tactical" shotgun? 2A doesn't say anything about the kind of arm I wish to bear, just that I can.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-28-2011, 01:06 PM   #18

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
What does "sporting purpose" have to do with anything? The implication is that down the road sometime, laws will be made around firearms being suitable for sport only. It's just another ban.

We have to call them on the lie of their premise. 2A isn't about hunting or target shooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Why can't I hunt with any style gun I want? If I can hunt with an AR, AK, SKS or any other "assault rifle" why can't I hunt with a "tactical" shotgun? 2A doesn't say anything about the kind of arm I wish to bear, just that I can.
Indeed. The 2A gives man the right to bear arms in order to protect these here United States, in context means the "hunting" of man.

"As passed by the Congress:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
"As ratified by the States:
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Now granted, when the framers added this to the Constitution, they were not aware of the vast, ever changing improvements, technology and introduction in the future of the many new kinds of firearms, weapons and ballistics we would have access to today, but to try to limit us to what arms we can bear in order to keep the "security of a free State" *(hunt man)* let alone, use for sport hunting *(practice to hunt man)* is a contradiction of governmental horsesh!t.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #19

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post

This is the one thing that I thought about every time I seen the term sporting purpose. It doesn't matter. "sporting purposes" is not the only reason to own any weapon. This BS needs gone and in a hurry. any lawmaker that believes this is the proper criteria needs gone..It's just that simple.

The only reason government wants to restrict what we can own is so the government will always have the power to suppress any action taken by citizens. I'm not saying actino needs to ber taken. But at some point it just might. So the restrictions are just to keep people as weak as possible.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 01-28-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Old 01-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #20

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

are these not subjectable to the 10 round limit!!?? i live in NY and so far as long as its 10 and under (without being pre-ban) youre right as rain...now just because its a shotty its gotta be 5?!?!? wth?!