Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #81
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1752 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Yeah, never did hear back from the ISP officer either, not that I was really expecting to. Here in Tulsa my options are mainly Sports World and Academy Sports, or Wally World . Guess I need to start researching where the nearest Cabelas is ...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-09-2012, 02:39 AM   #82

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Well... I guess one good thing learned from this situation is that I learned to reload my own ammo and spread my business to more local stores.

In regards to a comment from one of Mr. Whitely's emails about contacting other stores in the area, I believe this to be BS. I shoot at outdoorsman every week and have spoken to the owner about this and he wasn't surprised but said they have always sold to WI residents. Same for Gat Guns. Walmart still sells to WI residents though they have scaled down their selection. Don't know about Cabella's
I've talked about this with at least a dozen or so police officers and they couldn't believe it.
I will continue to spread the word to everyone that will listen.
Thanks to everyone for the support!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 PM   #83

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

So this stands and it's a loss for gun owners?

What about the NRA ? Aren't they supposed to stand up for gun owners rights?
Are they not concerned about this?

If we, as Americans don't learn that defending our freedoms are a priority and should be AHEAD of almost everything else, we soon won't be able to piss without permission.

Anyone here still shopping at Bass Pro Shops anywhere should be considered part of the problem imo.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #84

[QUOTE=Anyone here still shopping at Bass Pro Shops anywhere should be considered part of the problem imo.[/QUOTE]

some of us dont have options for local and ammo on the net runs to high for me.I personaly dont go to BPS way over priced but if it was Academy I would still shop there because thats my option.

I support the right to arm bears

Old 05-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #85
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2067 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by galapogos View Post

If we, as Americans don't learn that defending our freedoms are a priority and should be AHEAD of almost everything else, we soon won't be able to piss without permission.

Anyone here still shopping at Bass Pro Shops anywhere should be considered part of the problem imo.
NRA is probably focussing on bigger fish to fry.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 05-15-2012, 12:52 PM   #86
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1752 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 2020

Quote:

Let's be clear about what the issue is here. Bass Pro Shops (BPS) has enacted a policy for their Illinois stores that directs the staff to refuse to sell ammunition to out-of-state customers.

BPS has a right to do so. They just don't have any good reason to deny the sales. The law is clear. It does allow ammunition sales to out-of-state customers. Other stores in Illinois do sell to out-of state customers.

Gun owners have the right to take their business elsewhere. (The original poster did just that!) This is an economic issue, not a "rights" issue.

I agree with you that anyone here still shopping at BPS is part of the problem. If you read through the entire thread, you will learn that one of our members started a petition in an effort to influence BPS policy. Only 29 people signed it, including some from outside of Illinois. Certainly not enough to influence BPS.

Ah, well. They have their policy and I have mine: "Just say no to BPS."

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 05-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #87

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I know. And yes, this is not a critical thing in and of itself.. But it is yet another small punch to freedom. They are all adding up.
It's really about Chicago Liberal politics at it's foundation. Letting this stand anywhere opens the door to the spread of this practice until eventually buying ammo or gun is legally and quietly chocked off. It's called "Precedence" and is a powerful tool.
You see, there really are people in Government who wish to disarm the American public.

The reality is that we really are losing our freedoms and Government really is taking away our liberties and the reason is that people are too "inconvenienced" or too "busy" to stand up or change their habits. We have become a lazy nation of spoon fed ingrates reliant on comfort and convenience. Most people who have served in the military in combat understand exactly what I mean. But also because Government is breeding the creation of Hordes of people with no moral values and no respect for others. Or making it too easy for enemies of this nation to mock it and destroy it from within. Political "correctness" leaves us all very vulnerable. Inept Government is a huge problem.

This is a chilling epitaph to what was once the shining light of Liberty in a dark world.

I think this is (or was) the greatest nation on the Planet. But it is being led to destruction by abuse of freedom, greed, corruption and a lack of empathy and it is crumbling just like Rome did.

Sadly, the more I read, the less I believe can be done about it.

Am I delusional? Please tell me I'm not seeing things clearly and that all we need is another election and the Nation will begin a real recovery.

Last edited by galapogos; 05-17-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #88

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
I know. And yes, this is not a critical thing in and of itself.. But it is yet another small punch to freedom. They are all adding up.
It's really about Chicago Liberal politics at it's foundation. Letting this stand anywhere opens the door to the spread of this practice.
You see, there really are people in Government who wish to disarm the American public.

The reality is that we really are losing our freedoms and Government really is taking away our liberties and the reason is that people are too "inconvenienced" or too "busy" to stand up or change their habits.
You must remember this has nothing to do with "the government". Bass Pro is a privately owned company. While we may not agree with their policies, they have the right to enforce them for whatever reason they see fit. Just because a government passes a law allowing concealed carry, that doesn't mean a private business must allow it. Anymore than you have to allow pets in your home if you don't want them. Private means just that, PRIVATE.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:12 PM   #89
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2067 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 747

Purchased more 223 and 22 at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates yesterday. Still never had any problem picking up anything from them: 223, 22, 9mm, 40...

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 05-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #90

Liked 2447 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
You must remember this has nothing to do with "the government". Bass Pro is a privately owned company. While we may not agree with their policies, they have the right to enforce them for whatever reason they see fit. Just because a government passes a law allowing concealed carry, that doesn't mean a private business must allow it. Anymore than you have to allow pets in your home if you don't want them. Private means just that, PRIVATE.
Nice thing about private enterprise is, when you're

voting with your wallet,

you don't have to wait for an election...

Closed Thread