Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 04:58 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Signed, hopefully some of the other forums will sign too

Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 AM   #22

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

This is like the time old Bill Ruger signed on with Bill Clintons Hi Cap magazine ban. That cost Ruger some real grief. Bass Pro will spend a mint cleaning this dog sh&t off the welcome mat.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:21 AM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2182 Times on 1188 Posts
Likes Given: 3327

i understand why Bass Pro shops wants to see an IL FOID card before selling ammo. Like Chairman Mao Mart, Bass Pro pays their employees a pittance. A pittance does not attract the brightest workers in the gene pool. Throw another variable into the game and the average high school dropout becomes totally confused. Judging from the prices at Bass Pro, Cabela's and Gander Mountain they could afford to pay a decent salary that would attract sharper workers.

However, this does not make it right.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #24

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

It's not just Illinois. Bass Pro here in Arizona does not, and will not carry any "black rifles", because they are not "sporting related". I went there once when they opened, and have not been back since. Cabela's is only 2 miles down the road from me, and stock any type of weapon you want, even AK's. There is nothing Bass Pro has I can't get elsewhere, generally for better prices as well.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #25

Liked 206 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
It's not just Illinois. Bass Pro here in Arizona does not, and will not carry any "black rifles", because they are not "sporting related". I went there once when they opened, and have not been back since. Cabela's is only 2 miles down the road from me, and stock any type of weapon you want, even AK's. There is nothing Bass Pro has I can't get elsewhere, generally for better prices as well.
really? thats another good reason not to shop there, I had no idea they had that stance on so called "assault weapons", that definately does it for me.

Old 03-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #26

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt
Wow, that is news to me. Arizona of all places. Ought to send them some video of my black rifle taking all kinds of game for sport. Pigs, Coyotes, rabbit, woodchucks.... Losers

Old 03-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #27
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

You hunt losers? That's the best news I've heard all day.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #28

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Well, i've sent mr. Whiteley another email, and he did respond this time

Quote:
Good to hear from you Brandon and sorry hadn’t got back to you sooner but I have been off work fighting the flu.

We do have a legal team working on it and will get back with you as soon as we hear what is determined. I got them what you sent me.

Of course as we have said all along we want to be able to sell this ammunition and hope to get this straightened out real soon.

This gray area is so confusing there were several Illinois gun businesses that were not selling to out of state customers, Cabela’s main offices said their stores were not supposed to be selling and they are checking into it, Wal-Mart stores were but their home office is checking with their lawyers to make sure they weren’t in the wrong.

Between our legal team, Wal-Mart’s legal team, and Cabela’s legal team hopefully we can go back to selling it again.

So, I give BPS big time credit, at least if I am to take Mr. Whiteley at his word, and at this point, I have no reason not to. If they are genuinely looking into it, then I am very happy and pleased.

Hopefully their lawyers don't take the coward way out, and they actually push the issue that, while ISP doesn't want it to happen, the Illinois State Law states that it *CAN* happen, and so BPS will side with the 2nd amendment, and not listen to the Illinois State Police -since no law can possibly be broken.

I will say this, however, i'm dumbfounded how anyone can see it as gray area... From where I see it... There is no gray area. If you're from a state other than Illinois, then Illinois law is 100% crystal clear in what you have to do in order to purchase ammunition of any kind.

If you can't meet those requirements, then you can't buy ammo. Simple as that. There is no gray area. At all. Yes, it sucks that there are restrictions (like if you're from Wyoming and dont have a CCP or your weapon on you) but that's a completely different argument.

The FOID law should still go out the window, right along with the gun-hating bastards that created it, however.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 03-12-2012 at 09:21 PM.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

People, people, the humidity isn't that bad down here. Car carry, no permit required, just sayin.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:21 PM   #30

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
People, people, the humidity isn't that bad down here. Car carry, no permit required, just sayin.
I'd love to, I really would, problem is, i need a job for myself, and for my wife, that pays as good as the ones we have here...if I can do that, or win the lottery - trust me - Illinois will be a painful, distant memory in my life

Closed Thread