Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far? - Page 17
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #161
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1807 Times on 1101 Posts
Likes Given: 2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari101 View Post
Im guessing they'll make it ridiculously expensive and require a ton of training and testing. I don't see anything wrong with the latter 2 but I imagine they'll make it as easy and lengthy a process as getting an atf tax stamp. Either way... I'd like to see some interstate reciprocity. Wishful thinking.
Ridiculously expensive will probably also get fought in court. Training and testing would actually be a good thing within reason. Interstate reciprocity? They'll probably be willing to recognize the 2 or 3 most difficult states (NJ, Hawaii, maybe Washington DC...)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 12-15-2012, 06:02 PM   #162

Liked 239 Times on 145 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00

Tack don't you remember the winky face is a threatening gesture!!!!.
Really??? For those who asked for this to be dropped, it seems ignorant comments cant help but flow from your fingertips. If i could have continued to respond to that post, i would have apologized and let everyone know that I knew it was a joking statement, just thought it was in bad taste.

On a more important note, congrats and good luck to Illinois for their BPS victory and the decision on the ccw! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:01 AM   #163

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
Really??? For those who asked for this to be dropped, it seems ignorant comments cant help but flow from your fingertips. If i could have continued to respond to that post, i would have apologized and let everyone know that I knew it was a joking statement, just thought it was in bad taste.

On a more important note, congrats and good luck to Illinois for their BPS victory and the decision on the ccw! I will keep my fingers crossed!
So...what's with the slam on Fathead? The "threatening winking face" was an inside joke between he and I. Did I miss something?

Tack

Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 AM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

So...what's with the slam on Fathead? The "threatening winking face" was an inside joke between he and I. Did I miss something?

Tack
The inside joke was the one at my expense where I had got upset in regards to a threatening glock leg comment he had made in another post with a wink face. I thought the "joking" threat was in bad taste and spoke up! He made reference to "that damn threatening winky face again". I was under the impression we were over that, but seems snide remarks linger. As i previously stated, I would have apologized to Fathead had I been able to reply on that post.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:26 PM   #165

Liked 4716 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 1443

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turkeyhunter View Post
The inside joke was the one at my expense where I had got upset in regards to a threatening glock leg comment he had made in another post with a wink face. I thought the "joking" threat was in bad taste and spoke up! He made reference to "that damn threatening winky face again". I was under the impression we were over that, but seems snide remarks linger. As i previously stated, I would have apologized to Fathead had I been able to reply on that post.
Oh yes...the GLOCK Leg thread...that was fun!

I'm not sue if you know this but you can PM any member simply by finding anything they have posted and clicking on there avatar. You could appologies to Fathead privately this way at anytime.

Doing so would be the proper course of a action. Lashing back in a completely unrelated thread where the comment was in no way directed at you within this thread only confuses other posters and takes away of the OP's intent with there thread.

Thanks,

Tack
Old 12-17-2012, 12:53 AM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1
Lashing back in a completely unrelated thread where the comment was in no way directed at you within this thread only confuses other posters and takes away of the OP's intent with there thread.
Tack
I have read many of your comments in several posts and admit I have mad respect for you, your knowledge of weapons, and the help and advise you have given to many of the questions presented in front of you.
But with all due respect I did not feel I was lashing out at all, or that was not my intent anyway. The remark made by Fathead in this thread was disrespectful, and directed not at me but directed because of me. My reaction or response to it should confuse no one anymore than the comment itself being an inside joke between the two of you as you stated.
If you look, I also commented on the original intent of this thread and my apologies to the OP if I confused anyone with the other subject matter not related.

Last edited by 1turkeyhunter; 12-17-2012 at 12:55 AM.

Old 12-17-2012, 02:15 AM   #167
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5508 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

17 pages is more than enough on this topic. if you guys want to start a fresh one seeing as to how far into the weeds this has gotten please do so. but do try to stay on topic.

thanks

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Closed Thread