Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #141
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Excellent news, and very unexpected as from my correspondence with Mr. Whitely not being returned for so long I figured it was forgotten on his end, I shall have to thank him for pursuing this and seeing it through, great job to all who put in their 2 cents, I am glad they listened to their customers and are taking a stand for our rights against the crookedness of the State of Illinois. Now I will have to check out their store should I ever have time to kill in Gurnee.

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-27-2012, 11:59 PM   #142

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Well done gentlemen, well done indeed Reminds me of old times here at FTF where we could band together and accomplish great things

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #143
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1747 Times on 1063 Posts
Likes Given: 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
VICTORY IS OURS
WOOHOO!!! Now I can use that BPS gift card my kids gave me for Christmas (if it isn't expired )

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM   #144

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
A small victory in the big picture, but it just goes to show what a few individuals with a PASSION for this country can accomplish if they simply don't give up and say "screw it"
This is great news, and it goes to show the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It is the same thing to goofy libs have been doing years. A small group of passionate VOCAL people can get a lot done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Great Job All! Especially PPC!

I won't personally buy guns from any big box chain because any "publically traded" company is one mass shooting away from droping gun sales as "business decision".

However, given ^^THIS^^ reversal of policy I will now check them out for ammo and attire needs.

Tack
Me too, but I do buy fishing gear from them as I have no choice. I wish there was a decent independent fishing store near me that had a good selection and did not sell stuff at crazy prices. I am lucky to have two small gun shops within a 10 minute drive and I always try and support them.

Last edited by JD1969; 08-28-2012 at 02:03 PM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 08-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #145

Quote:
Quote:
Legal just got back to me and the misinterpretation of the ammunition law was figured out back in April and no one bothered to let me know.

There should be no problem buying the ammunition now at any of our Illinois stores [now]

Do you know if anyone has had a problem since April buying ammunition and if so we need to reiterate our policy with our stores again?
Has anyone complained to you about this?

Thank you for standing up for our 2nd amendment rights and if I can ever help you with anything else please contact me.

It requires me to type something here in order to post. this is filler text.
Brandon, Jim went there with a friend some time after the initial flurry of activity. Jim's post was around #94 or 95 (June 2012), but I don't know how long before that his friend ran into the same issue. Might want to check with Jim to verify about his friend's experience before contacting Mr. Whiteley.

Figures the dang lawyer fails to copy the folks who needed to know that the policy changed. But all's well that ends well, I guess.

Did I forget to mention ... WOOHOO!!!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 08-28-2012 at 02:23 PM.
PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 09-01-2012, 04:44 PM   #146

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Anybody test out their claim yet?

I'm wanting to buy some more camo before deer season, but won't hit "submit" until I find out if they actually reversed the policy

Edit to add: I just called them to verify, pretending to be from Wisconsin =)

So far it looks promising...the guy who answered the phone, Jim, was telling me they used to be able to not sell, but now they can...just need a valid drivers license.

Pardon my skepticism, just wanting to verify before I drop a boatload of moola...i'll still hold out on an update from a member but at least things are looking up

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 09-01-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #147

Default Here's the proof!

I was up in Illinois visiting a friend and got a chance to go to BPS in Gurnee. I have my Oklahoma CCW permit which I used instead of FOID. There was no hesitation, they accepted the permit and handed me some 45ACP ammo. If they were having a problem with recent gun law changes, they'd have griped about Oklahoma going Open Carry on 1-Nov-12. Not a peep.

Looks like they actually did fix the problem!

imag0302.jpg  

Balota

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:53 PM   #148

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
I was up in Illinois visiting a friend and got a chance to go to BPS in Gurnee. I have my Oklahoma CCW permit which I used instead of FOID. There was no hesitation, they accepted the permit and handed me some 45ACP ammo. If they were having a problem with recent gun law changes, they'd have griped about Oklahoma going Open Carry on 1-Nov-12. Not a peep.

Nice!!!

Thanks for the update, glad they finally listened

Old 12-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #149

Liked 675 Times on 526 Posts

no crazy laws like that down here in the free state of virginia.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #150

Liked 4671 Times on 2258 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post

Yeah sure...but you bought LOW RECOIL...we give that stuff out for Halloween in the PNW...

Buy some real ammo next time ya NANCY!

Tack
Closed Thread