Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far? - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Bass Pro Shops: Gone too far?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Nice thing about private enterprise is, when you're

voting with your wallet,

you don't have to wait for an election...
Exactly. If you don't like what a private business is doing, you have the option of not doing business with them. I'm just making clear the fact the government has nothing to do with the policies of private business.

Old 05-18-2012, 02:20 PM   #92

Liked 2448 Times on 1394 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Exactly. If you don't like what a private business is doing, you have the option of not doing business with them. I'm just making clear the fact the government has nothing to do with the policies of private business.
Inasmuch as I'm pointing out if we, the people use our power,

the penalties for ignoring us in the marketplace can be just as severe.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #93

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

glad to see the conversation has picked back up a little steam

I don't know if I'd agree that anyone who still shops there is a part of the problem, the problem lies with Liberal Democrats in Chicago who use fear, disinformation, and vitriol to spread their anti-gun agenda, and more pointedly, the problem lies with those who voted these people into office, but I doubt the voters are the kinds of people who would enjoy the outdoors anyways, and probably couldn't point out a BPS logo if their life depended on it...

After lots of thought, i've come to realize if BPS doesn't want my money, I don't want to give it to them. I've already spent quite a load of cash at their nearest competitor to gear up for this years bow season, so hey, it's their loss.

They chose to cave in to Chicago gun-hating politics, and that's fine. Stupidity is not illegal in this country...though sometimes I wish it were. My over all directive now is to get as many people as possible to know what BPS is doing...if they choose not to go back, great, mission accomplished...if they continue to still shop there, oh well...at least they know (and ill remember who they were )

Though, it is disheartening, when you consider had BPS actually stood up to the freedom hating politicians in Chicago, they actually could have made one hell of a name for themselves. Now, people like me, only look at them as feeble-minded and meek, caving in at any sign of opposition.

Tuck tail and run, BPS...Cabelas was better any ways.

Last edited by PrimePorkchop; 05-23-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #94

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I prefer Cabelas, Academy, and Sportsman's Warehouse anyways. When a big outdoors store sells guns and equipment for them I expect them to have more than just huntin guns and equipment for huntin guns. At most Bass Pro's I've been to have only had the same old plain Jane huntin stuff. Same old huntin shotguns, same old huntin rifles. I PREFER THE BAD @SS STUFF THAT GOES BANG 30 TIMES INSTEAD OF 5!!!!!!!!! Lol even though I'm a redneck.

Old 06-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #95

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

So I sold my G37 to a local guy yesterday and sure as **** he used to shop at Bass Pro (including numerous ammo purchases) and was informed last time he went that they " do not sell to WI residents because of concealed carry law in WI" Just as stated to me! He has his IL friend buy for him when they have sales but he said he just recently spoke to a gun counter employee that gave him the same BS that Bass Pro Corp. gave me/us about how there was "a new law passed this year that they couldn't sell handgun ammo to any out of state residents"
What a ton of bull ****!!!
Needless to say I made him promise to never go back or I wouldn't sell him the Glock cus he was a Bears fan.
"there's a new law in WI that if you're a fn bears fan then you can't buy guns or ammo!"
I think he got the point.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #96
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1793 Times on 1091 Posts
Likes Given: 2027

OK, that just f-in pisses me off. Atari, you should go back to BPS with your buddy and see if the same a$$hat told both of you the same BS about the WI concealed carry law. If it's the same employee, get his name and file a complaint with BPS headquarters. Some kind of strange $hit is goin on behind that gun counter!!! Grrrr....

Or just write off BPS as some of us (including you, I think!) have already done.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari101 View Post
So I sold my G37 to a local guy yesterday and sure as **** he used to shop at Bass Pro (including numerous ammo purchases) and was informed last time he went that they " do not sell to WI residents because of concealed carry law in WI" Just as stated to me! He has his IL friend buy for him when they have sales but he said he just recently spoke to a gun counter employee that gave him the same BS that Bass Pro Corp. gave me/us about how there was "a new law passed this year that they couldn't sell handgun ammo to any out of state residents"
What a ton of bull ****!!!
Needless to say I made him promise to never go back or I wouldn't sell him the Glock cus he was a Bears fan.
"there's a new law in WI that if you're a fn bears fan then you can't buy guns or ammo!"
I think he got the point.
Get a hidden camera and lets send the footage to their corporate offices...they can't ignore that and certainly can't call you a liar then!

Old 06-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #98

Liked 205 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 434

Hey guys, I was on Facebook today and happened to see this Guns.com article pertaining to Bass Pro Shops and their concealed carry policy, I am going to post a link to this thread and tell them of their bs policy of restricting handgun ammo sales to WI residents for no reason and some employees claiming this is due to cc in WI. Here is the article.

http://www.guns.com/bass-pro-shops-concealed-carry-policy-9219.html

Vote Scott Walker for Governor June 5th 2012

PrimePorkchop Likes This 
Old 06-27-2012, 03:33 AM   #99

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg
Hey guys, I was on Facebook today and happened to see this Guns.com article pertaining to Bass Pro Shops and their concealed carry policy, I am going to post a link to this thread and tell them of their bs policy of restricting handgun ammo sales to WI residents for no reason and some employees claiming this is due to cc in WI. Here is the article.

Oh, I'm fn angry now!!! Time to fire this machine back up!!!
Old 06-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucoondawg

Please keep us posted. I will be emailing back mr Whitley ... I think we have been patient enough.

Closed Thread