Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Bass Pro Shop deal (NRA) (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/bass-pro-shop-deal-nra-36832/)

Gojubrian 01-12-2011 04:01 PM

Bass Pro Shop deal (NRA)

:::BASSPRO NRA SPECIAL OFFER:::

Bass Pro shop and NRA have teamed up with a special offer. Pay $25 for a 1
year membership to the NRA and get a $25 Bass Pro certificate and an NRA
duffel bag. Not a bad deal especially for us who go to Bass Pro every now
and then. I am not a spokesman for the NRA but I do believe they are one of
the best organizations supporting gun ownership in Washington.

If you're not a member, it's more important than ever. :)

CA357 01-12-2011 05:20 PM

That's a great deal. Especially since my membership expired in December. Unfortunately, there are no Bass Pro Shops around here, but still...

corrinavatan 01-12-2011 06:14 PM

If the bass pro shop in my area wasn't a dingy, ill-lit, unhelpful, idiotic, low selection store filled with uncaring and unknowledgeable clerks, I might consider this. But they're so bad in Saint Louis that I prefer to drive farther to go to Cabela's. Even a free $25 gift card won't make me go to cabelas.

Gojubrian 01-12-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 421015)
That's a great deal. Especially since my membership expired in December. Unfortunately, there are no Bass Pro Shops around here, but still...

No problem. Use the certificate online and still save! :)

AcidFlashGordon 01-13-2011 12:42 PM

I've seen that Bass Pro Shops offer a 10% discount to military personnel from the 15th to the 22nd of each month. I haven't checked to see if this includes veterans or not though.

CA357 01-14-2011 02:39 AM

I had to renew my NRA membership, so I used this offer today. I save a few bucks, get an NRA range bag that's made in China and a gift certificate for Bass Pro. Now that I know I can use it online, this is a screamin' good deal.

buckhuntr 01-14-2011 03:15 AM

Our local Bass Pro Shop is a large, new 'un, and my wife likes it as much as I. So, I think a trip this weekend is in order. ;)

skullcrusher 01-14-2011 04:24 AM

Could be a good deal if going online to shop. I stopped shopping there online (I fish a bunch-I have more rods and reels than I will ever have firearms) because every dang time I would order something online, there was always one item that was out of stock and they would not let me know until I got the shipment. They would put the item on back order and it was up to me to cancel that item if I wanted to. They would not tell me when shopping online at checkout or adding to my cart. I mean every damn time I ordered, and I used to order about $1k a year from them. They lost my business when I sent an email asking why they did this and all I got was a standard thanks for contacting us email in return. Customer service never contacted me personally. Treat a customer no matter how little they spend right and you have a customer for life. None of my fishing buddies order from them anymore either. Plus, they are just as proud as Cabela's and Gander Mountain of their gear.

Anyway, rant over.

CA357 01-14-2011 04:27 AM

In reality, I figure a $25. gift certificate will allow me to buy a ten dollar geegaw and pay the rest for shipping.

Gojubrian 01-14-2011 07:09 PM

LOL @ the chinese NRA rangebag. :D