Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Ban On standard Cap Mags (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/ban-standard-cap-mags-84307/)

danf_fl 02-15-2013 05:50 PM

Ban On standard Cap Mags
 
With the discussion of banning hi-cap magazines, there seems to be one little thing that "Avid Hunter" Senator Bill Nelson forgot.

There is a round limitation when hunting to give the prey a "sporting chance". That is why, in Florida, there is a three shell limitation for migratory water fowl. There are limits on what can be used on wildlife.

In self defense, there is not any "sporting chance" any person should give when defending themselves.

In legally defending oneself, there should not be any limits in place.

You should "cheat" as much as possible when protecting your azz.

locutus 02-15-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1138918)
With the discussion of banning hi-cap magazines, there seems to be one little thing that "Avid Hunter" Senator Bill Nelson forgot.

There is a round limitation when hunting to give the prey a "sporting chance". That is why, in Florida, there is a three shell limitation for migratory water fowl. There are limits on what can be used on wildlife.

In self defense, there is not any "sporting chance" any person should give when defending themselves.

In legally defending oneself, there should not be any limits in place.

You should "cheat" as much as possible when protecting your azz.

Dan, the 3 shell limit on waterfowl is federal.

JosephMD 02-15-2013 07:39 PM

toung in cheek
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by locutus (Post 1139025)
Dan, the 3 shell limit on waterfowl is federal.

Is that because the government wants natural selection to take over so that people that are bad shots won't be able to feed their families and die off, thus leaving only good shots in the gene pool?

J

orangello 02-15-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephMD (Post 1139030)
Is that because the government wants natural selection to take over so that people that are bad shots won't be able to feed their families and die off, thus leaving only good shots in the gene pool?

J

Nah, it is because Dick Cheney only has so many people willing to hunt with him. ;)

TNFrank 02-15-2013 08:04 PM

First off, STOP callin' em' "Hi-Cap" mags, they're NOT, they're STANDARD Cap mags.
Second off, Hunting is totally different from the Security of a Free State as stated in the 2nd Amendment. The 2A isn't about Hunting or even really self defense against criminals, it's all about giving us equal firepower with our government so that if/when the government becomes tyrannical( like it is now) we'll have the means to over throw it and replace it with a Constitutional government.

danf_fl 02-15-2013 08:39 PM

I apologize for the "hi-cap" nomenclature, but Sen Bill Nelson calls any mag over 10 rounds "hi-cap"

Bill Nelson declares himself an "avid hunter" (but I wish he was more of a self preservationist).

He believes that AK-47's and other similiar rifles have not place in the hands of common people, or on the hunting field.

I believe that he agrees that Home Land Security should have "Personal Defense Weapons" that are capable of selective full or semi auto firing (and 30 round magazines), but we the people shall be denied the same level of self protection with our semi-auto only "assault rifle".

His loyalty to the true Democratic party is non-existent. His loyalty to the Charter of the Democratic Party is non-existent. His loyalty to the BOR is non-existent. His loyalty to the Oath of Office is non-existent. His loyalty to the people he represents is non-existent.

Dearhunter 02-15-2013 09:51 PM

I look at it this way. I have three glock mags that hold over 30 rounds each. They will work in any of my glocks. If and when the Zombies come, I can raise havoc with them.

deadsp0t 02-15-2013 10:00 PM

Sorry if this has already been posted but I think you guys will enjoy. It's a long read but it's a good read.

http://asmdss.com/page/news.html/_/articles/letter-from-special-forces-to-america-2nd-amendment.html

FullautoUSA 02-15-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangello

Nah, it is because Dick Cheney only has so many people willing to hunt with him. ;)

Hahahaha, that's great.

TNFrank 02-16-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl (Post 1139085)
I apologize for the "hi-cap" nomenclature, but Sen Bill Nelson calls any mag over 10 rounds "hi-cap"

Didn't mean for it to sound like I was hackin' on ya', it's just that we need to stop buying into the terms that the gun grabbers are using to describe our perfectly legal Militia Weapons and Magazines.
Also, Bill Nelson is an idiot. He's the worst kind of gun grabber, one that actually owns firearms. He really needs to sit down and give the Constitution and Bill of Rights a good read. Then maybe he'll see that it has nothing to do at all with a firearms use for hunting, it's all about keeping the government in check.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:50 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.