Ban List Just Announced - Page 9
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

Ban List Just Announced

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #81
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 232 Times on 174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
You would be correct. GO TOYOTA!!!!
Well that settles that.... Lol
image-2402193298.jpg  

Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #82

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sooo any semi auto with a pistol grip?...

Well looks like its back to the old west!

AWESOME! I can shoot government people off my front porch no

Old 02-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #83
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1051 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 653

http://www.gunlaws.com/consult.htm
(Alan Korwin)

Well, if Alan Korwin is correct, all the minutiae is of no consequence. If passed, all semi-automatic long guns would be banned since all long guns, by her definition, have a 'pistol grip.’

Seemingly the only exclusion to 'pistol grips’ is a pistol…which is banned if it has a 'second pistol grip.’

ellis
------------------------

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4

Page 2
‘‘(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manu-
facture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
‘‘(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capac-
ity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A pistol grip.
‘‘(ii) A forward grip.

Page 4
‘‘(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
‘‘(ii) A pistol grip.
‘‘(iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.
‘‘(iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.
‘‘(v) A forward grip.
‘‘(vi) A grenade launcher or rocket launch-
er.
Page 3
‘‘(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A threaded barrel.
‘‘(ii) A second pistol grip.
‘‘(iii) A barrel shroud.
‘‘(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable
magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

Page 13
‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb- hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

----------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/feinsteins-plan-bans-any-gun-with-a-grip/
A key gun law analyst who has published books on the issue of the Second Amendment and its rights and responsibilities for decades says the Feinstein gun ban bill is just exactly that, a gun ban bill.

Not, essentially, a plan to limit certain guns. Not a limit on the size of magazines. Not a plan for restrictions on those with certifiable mental instabilities, a ban on criminals’ access or a plan to encourage gun safety.

He said if the plan by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., is made law, “any semiautomatic firearm with uses a magazine – handgun, rifle or shotgun – equipped with a ‘pistol grip,’ would be banned.”

Alan Korwin is a nationally recognized expert resource on the issue of gun laws, and runs Bloomfield Press, which is the largest publisher and distributor of gun-law books in the country.

He explained, “That sounds like a limitation, but it is not. A pistol grip (on page 2) is defined (on page 13) as ‘a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.’”

He said, “In other words, the gun list does not matter. It is a smokescreen designed to distract people from the true meaning of the bill. And it has done a magnificent job. It worked! Any semi-automatic firearm that exists, with anything on it you can grip, is banned. (There is a grandfather clause for old stuff.)

“The list is meaningless tripe. It is camouflage for the real purpose of the bill. When the president said he is not going to take away your guns, well, Feinstein’s bill puts the lie to that. Magazine size does not matter. Brand name does not matter. It doesn’t matter if it’s black. If you can grip it, it’s banned under this bill.”

The bill, in fact, states, “‘Pistol grip’ means … any … characteristic that can function as a grip.”

That definition follows on the bill’s specific reference that a “pistol grip” is a banned component.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #84

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36
http://www.gunlaws.com/consult.htm
(Alan Korwin)

Well, if Alan Korwin is correct, all the minutiae is of no consequence. If passed, all semi-automatic long guns would be banned since all long guns, by her definition, have a 'pistol grip.’

Seemingly the only exclusion to 'pistol grips’ is a pistol…which is banned if it has a 'second pistol grip.’

ellis
------------------------

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=9a9270d5-ce4d-49fb-9b2f-69e69f517fb4

Page 2
‘‘(36) The term ‘semiautomatic assault weapon’ means any of the following, regardless of country of manu-
facture or caliber of ammunition accepted:
‘‘(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capac-
ity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A pistol grip.
‘‘(ii) A forward grip.

Page 4
‘‘(F) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
‘‘(ii) A pistol grip.
‘‘(iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.
‘‘(iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.
‘‘(v) A forward grip.
‘‘(vi) A grenade launcher or rocket launch-
er.
Page 3
‘‘(D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any 1 of the following:
‘‘(i) A threaded barrel.
‘‘(ii) A second pistol grip.
‘‘(iii) A barrel shroud.
‘‘(iv) The capacity to accept a detachable
magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.

Page 13
‘‘(46) The term ‘pistol grip’ means a grip, a thumb- hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.

----------------------------

http://www.wnd.com/2013/01/feinsteins-plan-bans-any-gun-with-a-grip/
A key gun law analyst who has published books on the issue of the Second Amendment and its rights and responsibilities for decades says the Feinstein gun ban bill is just exactly that, a gun ban bill.

Not, essentially, a plan to limit certain guns. Not a limit on the size of magazines. Not a plan for restrictions on those with certifiable mental instabilities, a ban on criminals’ access or a plan to encourage gun safety.

He said if the plan by Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., is made law, “any semiautomatic firearm with uses a magazine – handgun, rifle or shotgun – equipped with a ‘pistol grip,’ would be banned.”

Alan Korwin is a nationally recognized expert resource on the issue of gun laws, and runs Bloomfield Press, which is the largest publisher and distributor of gun-law books in the country.

He explained, “That sounds like a limitation, but it is not. A pistol grip (on page 2) is defined (on page 13) as ‘a grip, a thumb-hole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip.’”

He said, “In other words, the gun list does not matter. It is a smokescreen designed to distract people from the true meaning of the bill. And it has done a magnificent job. It worked! Any semi-automatic firearm that exists, with anything on it you can grip, is banned. (There is a grandfather clause for old stuff.)

“The list is meaningless tripe. It is camouflage for the real purpose of the bill. When the president said he is not going to take away your guns, well, Feinstein’s bill puts the lie to that. Magazine size does not matter. Brand name does not matter. It doesn’t matter if it’s black. If you can grip it, it’s banned under this bill.”

The bill, in fact, states, “‘Pistol grip’ means … any … characteristic that can function as a grip.”

That definition follows on the bill’s specific reference that a “pistol grip” is a banned component.
So does that mean the 1911 will be banned?????

Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 188

My mini-14 doesn't have a black stock anymore since I painted it OD green. And I repaced the flash hider with a suppressor. Legal now?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #86
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackrich3
My mini-14 doesn't have a black stock anymore since I painted it OD green. And I repaced the flash hider with a suppressor. Legal now?
No because it has an evil detachable magazine

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #87
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 186 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
What makes you think that people you only know online are your friends?
If you believe you have more than 5 FRIENDS in this world, you need to start re-evaluating the people in your life.( Not including pets )
clr8ter Likes This 
Old 02-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #88
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3219 Times on 1947 Posts
Likes Given: 3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinet6 View Post
So does that mean the 1911 will be banned?????
Does a 1911 have a grip? Then, yes, it's banned. Basically, if it has a magazine and you can hold it, it's banned.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #89

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
Does a 1911 have a grip? Then, yes, it's banned. Basically, if it has a magazine and you can hold it, it's banned.
Well that sucks balls. So pretty much every pistol without a revolving cylinder will be banned?

Old 02-02-2013, 10:12 PM   #90
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpinet6

Well that sucks balls. So pretty much every pistol without a revolving cylinder will be banned?
Unless they consider the cylinder a "detachable magazine" because it can be opened.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY