This is awesome!!!!!!new decl. Of independence!!!

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is awesome!!!!!!new decl. Of independence!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Default This is awesome!!!!!!new decl. Of independence!!!

In a Convention of Sovereign States, July 4, 2009
The unanimous Declaration of the fifty united States of America
By Robert Greenslade

New Declaration of Independence - 09

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2011, 09:14 AM   #2

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

I've been saying for a few years now how I personally believe that they had it right to begin with and that we should go back to the Articles of Confederation. There should be minor changes made to it but as a whole I find it to be a more acceptable document for the preservation of personal liberty and the sovereignty of these 50 states.

While the Constitution is great, history has taught us that it still gave the federal government too much power and that the people have a tendency to follow instead of lead. The solution could be a slightly modified version of the Articles of Confederation.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 11-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Thanks for the great read AK. Sounds like a great idea to me.

I think our origional Constitution could be fine too if we limited the power of the Federal Government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
I've been saying for a few years now how I personally believe that they had it right to begin with and that we should go back to the Articles of Confederation. There should be minor changes made to it but as a whole I find it to be a more acceptable document for the preservation of personal liberty and the sovereignty of these 50 states.

While the Constitution is great, history has taught us that it still gave the federal government too much power and that the people have a tendency to follow instead of lead. The solution could be a slightly modified version of the Articles of Confederation.
If we ever go back to the Articles, one of the few things that should be changed in the Articles is that the Federal Government should have just enought power to keep the states from getting too far out of line (this means you California). Their power to tax should be greater than it was in the origional Articles, but not as powerful as it is today. They should also be allowed to create a national military (like our modern day military).
Those are just a few changes I would make to it. Their power should be limited, and below that of the people they serve.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 11-13-2011 at 03:29 PM.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:18 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

There's nothing wrong with that document that I can see.

But 17A did away with the concept of state sovereignty (helped by 14A, too) and the idea that state legislatures would ratify such a document can't even happen at a conceptual level.

The bigger problem is far, far too many people depend on the federal government to bring about its dissolution in a peaceful manner, followed by an originalist reconstruction.

It is truly amazing that even as history plays itself out in Europe RIGHT FRIGGIN' NOW with Greece and Italy both losing their leaders in the span of a week because they were unsuccessful at bring "austerity measures" (translation: cuts in spending), Americans go on blissfully unaware we are on track to hit the same brick wall only much worse.

Thanks, Josh. This is definitely a keeper even if it is unlikely to go anywhere just now.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:15 PM   #5

Liked 2485 Times on 1420 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

Yeah, Josh,

What's not so awesome is -good luck getting everyone to read it,

let alone support it.

We can't even get gun owners to join the NRA, let alone tax their collective

brains with over two sentences of light reading...

Old 11-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #6

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Well you couldnt get me to join the NRA either,until NRA stops compromising and starts going on the offensive with "laws" like the GCA68.

But thats not the point of this post,we already have a thread where we talk about the NRA and I've said my piece there.

I heard a saying once that went like this-

Either the constitution has allowed the condition of a powerful and tyrannical central government,or it hasn't been able to stop it.
Either way it has failed.

I have been pondering on that for awhile now,on just that statement alone.

Personally,I think it is WE THE PEOPLE who have failed.
Our Constitution would be fine,if it were not for the complacency and ignorance of the people tasked with making government live up to it.

This is our fault.

And its time we should fix it.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 11-14-2011, 07:30 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent! Thanks Josh.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #8

Liked 2485 Times on 1420 Posts
Likes Given: 1940

I'm sorry, I think you missed my point, when I mentioned

the NRA.

I was merely trying to point out that you're going to have a

hard time getting people's attention.

It is a great premise.