awb petition - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > awb petition

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #81
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,978
Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Need to post it in a new thread. Titled everyone sight this awb petition or something like that.
This thread has been moved to the Legal and Activism section, I have PM'd Notdku asking that it be made into a Sticky and that a direct link to the petition be placed at the very beginning of the thread. I suggest that others do the same.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #82
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,978
Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Default Sign The anti-AWB Petition!!!

http://signon.org/sign/do-not-renew-the-assault?source=c.url&r_by=

With Notku's permission we are posting the following:

Ultimate_sig came up with the great idea of starting a petition to tell Washington not to reintroduce the AWB, he has written the petition and it has gone live. http://signon.org/sign/do-not-renew-the-assault?source=c.url&r_by=

By signing the petition you will be sending our message to our representatives in Washington as well as the White House.

Here is the fun part. The petition is being run on the hard core left wing MoveOn.org website. This will be a pirate raid of EPIC proportions! So be sure to get the word out wherever you have an online presence. Post a link on your Facebook, notify your local gun store, post a thread on your favorite forums. Whatever it takes to get the word out! If you have a voice with your local NRA then get the word out to them!

ALL HANDS ON DECK! Its a pirate raid on Washington and MoveOn.Org!

http://signon.org/sign/do-not-renew-the-assault?source=c.url&r_by=
__________________

Last edited by Vikingdad; 11-12-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #83
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,630
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Awsome, I have alot to do in the next few days. Got manufacters reaady to back me just need to make a facebook page and get the word out. Legion Firearms also has said they will help giving out free product for shares and likes

__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 AM   #84
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,978
Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Default

Its off to a slow start so far. Only 29 have signed.

__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 AM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
Its off to a slow start so far. Only 29 have signed.
Don't give up, we just need to spread the word more, I know a lot of people I am going to get to sign it
__________________
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #86
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,978
Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Default

I tried posting a thread on Calguns.net but it was deleted by the mods. WTF? I posted it where I thought it was supposed to be but he disagreed. He said it needs to be in the off-topic section. I disagree but posted it there anyhow. No big deal, I just wasted all afternoon trying to figure out WTF happened to my post.
I'm not going to voice my displeasure though. Even though I think he's a dick we still need the cooperation. Ya see why I hang out here instead of on Calguns? Y'all are the bestest!

__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:38 AM   #87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,630
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
I tried posting a thread on Calguns.net but it was deleted by the mods. WTF? I posted it where I thought it was supposed to be but he disagreed. He said it needs to be in the off-topic section. I disagree but posted it there anyhow. No big deal, I just wasted all afternoon trying to figure out WTF happened to my post.
I'm not going to voice my displeasure though. Even though I think he's a dick we still need the cooperation. Ya see why I hang out here instead of on Calguns? Y'all are the bestest!
Man, my friends account from facebook got suspended for posting petitions. I sent at least 100 people on facebook the link and i think maybe two or three people filled it out. It makes me think im going to have to shake the sense out of people for them to wake up.

I hope i get more of a response when i make a facebook page....to be continued
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #88
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,978
Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Man, my friends account from facebook got suspended for posting petitions. I sent at least 100 people on facebook the link and i think maybe two or three people filled it out. It makes me think im going to have to shake the sense out of people for them to wake up.

I hope i get more of a response when i make a facebook page....to be continued
What kind of petitions was your friend posting? That sounds kind of strange. Then again FB is just about as radically left wing liberal as MoveOn.org is! .

I got a couple of my FB friends to sign so far. Actually one of them signed it after seeing it here first- I didn't post it on my FB page until after he did. I figure I will re-post it there a couple of times a day to bump it.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #89
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,630
Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

What kind of petitions was your friend posting? That sounds kind of strange. Then again FB is just about as radically left wing liberal as MoveOn.org is! .

I got a couple of my FB friends to sign so far. Actually one of them signed it after seeing it here first- I didn't post it on my FB page until after he did. I figure I will re-post it there a couple of times a day to bump it.
He had said he write his congressmen a letter saying how the awb is unconstitutional and then posted that the congressmen had agreed and was on board. I guess they didn't like it cause two hours later his profile was gone. The next day it was back on but everything that was posted for the previous 3 days.
__________________
Ultimate_sig is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 04:10 AM   #90
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Vikingdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Santa Cruz Mountains,CA
Posts: 13,978
Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
He had said he write his congressmen a letter saying how the awb is unconstitutional and then posted that the congressmen had agreed and was on board. I guess they didn't like it cause two hours later his profile was gone. The next day it was back on but everything that was posted for the previous 3 days.
That is strange. Did he get notified or anything? I am honestly pretty fed up with FB, but I get a lot of business (not firearms related) through it. One of the things they have done is they limit the number of people that your posts go out to, even if all of your "friends" are "following" you. If you want your posts to go out to everybody then you have to pay some $250 a month or some crap like that. I can't afford that sh!t!.
__________________
Vikingdad is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Healthcare Petition BigByrd47119 Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 08-31-2009 03:59 AM
Petition layton Politics, Religion and Controversy 2 07-30-2009 01:32 AM
Spending petition... supergus The Club House 1 05-06-2009 01:26 PM
Sign the Petition Kelly J Politics, Religion and Controversy 1 11-10-2008 07:55 PM
UK Handgun Petition gshowell1976 Politics, Religion and Controversy 5 08-04-2008 02:42 AM