awb petition - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > awb petition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 04:23 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 641 Times on 382 Posts
Likes Given: 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
You all do realize that this would be a pirate raid of EPIC proportions, don't you?
I like it!

Old 11-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #52
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

OK, I'm not gonna steal Ultimate_sig's thunder or hijack his thread (because the idea he posted is so awesome) but once we get all of this nailed down and the bugs worked out, I vote that Ultimate_sig starts a new thread titled

ALL HANDS ON DECK! Pirate Raid On MoveOn.Org's Petition Website!

I think that in order to sign any petitions on MoveOn.org you have to sign up (its free), which I have already done long ago (as I said, I lurk around there to see what they are up to). This should be explained in the new thread, then everybody should be encouraged to sign on to MoveOn.org in order to sign and then everybody should go to all of the other forums they are active (especially ones where most of the members would be inclined to sign) and post a similar thread in order to spread the word. I would post it on all of the forums where I am a member as well as my Facebook, regardless of their presumed leanings on firearms. You never know who we might pick up.
People Like This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:30 AM   #53

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
OK, I'm not gonna steal Ultimate_sig's thunder or hijack his thread (because the idea he posted is so awesome) but once we get all of this nailed down and the bugs worked out, I vote that Ultimate_sig starts a new thread titled

ALL HANDS ON DECK! Pirate Raid On MoveOn.Org's Petition Website!

I think that in order to sign any petitions on MoveOn.org you have to sign up (its free), which I have already done long ago (as I said, I lurk around there to see what they are up to). This should be explained in the new thread, then everybody should be encouraged to sign on to MoveOn.org in order to sign and then everybody should go to all of the other forums they are active (especially ones where most of the members would be inclined to sign) and post a similar thread in order to spread the word. I would post it on all of the forums where I am a member as well as my Facebook, regardless of their presumed leanings on firearms. You never know who we might pick up.
Thanks for not wanting to steal my thunder but i care more about our rights and freedom...lets do this and take back our second amendment
People Like This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Thanks for not wanting to steal my thunder but i care more about our rights and freedom...lets do this and take back our second amendment
OK, but you bird-dog it. I'll keep giving input.

Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 AM   #55

Quote:

OK, but you bird-dog it. I'll keep giving input.
Weve all had some input and this thread is turning out exactly the way i wanted it too. I say we start with opposing the awb and the UN att and then rid the whole tax stamp thing...its really retarded and very unconstitutional
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 04:57 AM   #56
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate_sig View Post
Weve all had some input and this thread is turning out exactly the way i wanted it too. I say we start with opposing the awb and the UN att and then rid the whole tax stamp thing...its really retarded and very unconstitutional
i agree with your statement, but lets focus on one thing at a time. the tax stamp on suppressors and FA firearms is another fight. yes i agree it's unconstitutional and needs to be repealed, but if they were to reintroduce the AWB, then trying to repeal tax stamps on certain types of firearms would be a moot point, correct?
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 05:13 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i agree with your statement, but lets focus on one thing at a time. the tax stamp on suppressors and FA firearms is another fight. yes i agree it's unconstitutional and needs to be repealed, but if they were to reintroduce the AWB, then trying to repeal tax stamps on certain types of firearms would be a moot point, correct?
Yes, I totally agree. if we get a grass roots petition going opposing the AWB and we are successful then we can focus on the GCA of 1968 and others. I suspect that by then there might be some push-back from MoveOn.Org if we are successful though.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #58
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22220 Times on 12454 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yes, I totally agree. if we get a grass roots petition going opposing the AWB and we are successful then we can focus on the GCA of 1968 and others. I suspect that by then there might be some push-back from MoveOn.Org if we are successful though.
yes to that. Sig has come up with a very good idea of starting a petition to keep the AWB from being renewed or being started over again, and i think we need to focus on that first, and then if successful then focus on other 2nd admendment infringements. one step at a time and let's not overload ourselves with multiple issues all at once.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 11-11-2012, 05:21 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

yes to that. Sig has come up with a very good idea of starting a petition to keep the AWB from being renewed or being started over again, and i think we need to focus on that first, and then if successful then focus on other 2nd admendment infringements. one step at a time and let's not overload ourselves with multiple issues all at once.
O absolutely, i totally agree. Lets tackle this awb, it will never pass. Once they loose that battle theyll be weak and look bad and then we hit em with the next one
People Like This 
Old 11-12-2012, 04:47 AM   #60

Bump this up!