Aussie firearms regulations.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Aussie firearms regulations.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 07:27 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Default Aussie firearms regulations.

G'day everyone,

I have seen a few of you guys on here would like to hear about how it is here in Oz in regards to owning a firearm and being able to keep it. Well basically, we have a total ban on functional, fully automatic firearms which are classed as a category "R" gun. It is possible to own a semi-automatic firearm here providing you can prove that you need it for occupational use only, such as pest culling. the most commonly used and owned firearms here are category "A", "B" and "H", which are bolt-action firearms, shotguns, and handguns. You can own any one of these firearms providing you have a legit reason to use it (sporting shooting, hunting etc) and have an approved safe or similar to lock them away in. If you follow those rules, and do the right thing, it is really no problem to own and keep firearms here in Oz. Hope this has been help to you guys.

regards.

Proud to be a Sporting Shooter.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #2

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Welcome aboard and thanks for the information on Gun ownership in Oz. I have a friend on another board who is a sheep rancher in Oz. and He has his Ruger Mini-14 still, along with a few other rifles.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:33 PM   #3

you just gave him up! mini 14 illegal here! rural concesion/primary producer may have .22 semi auto up to 10 rnd mag for culling/control of pests.rimfire only. centre fire = bolt or break action only

Old 03-28-2008, 04:20 PM   #4

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

He says he still has his Mini-14 or I think that is what he told be he still has I'll have to ask him next time I see him

Old 03-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #5

lots of people here have illeagal firearms . buryed in ground / hidden on propertys / hidden on boats, in case they need them at some time in the future, or to continue their work as was my case ,but was not to be ,now i have to club 400lb swordfish to death with a baseball bat, this is not pleasent or pretty but it is leagal it may take 2 minutes of bashing but at least i can not be put in prison for it ! one bullit quick death-15 hits with baseball bat not so quick!

Old 03-31-2008, 12:16 AM   #6

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRemmy View Post
G'day everyone,

You can own any one of these firearms providing you have a legit reason to use it...

regards.
Isn't culling tyrannical politicians a legit reason to own a gun? I guess not in their eyes....

9x18=Makarov

Old 04-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #7

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Aussie Firearms regulation, some questions?

Hello all/Responce to MR Remmy:

Ron L here = SERESURPLUS

I was one of the chaps that was asking about Firearms regulations, I have been to your island a while back, Perth and Middleborne! I liked the places a lot and I did hear from many there that your rights with weapons and firearms regulations were very strict and getting worse all the time? Thanks for sending your take on the Regs, as I was wondering what was what and what was real?

Here in the Good Old USA, we are also selling our rights down the river, just the same way your country has? It's slower and more gladual, but all the same it's going on! Fireams have become a "curse", to many and I'm glad I live in a rural area in West Virginia where folks will never give up thier rights, and or guns! It's still a hard fight, as the city folks screw up, Gun Control measures are crammed down our throats well, they try anyhow? Thanks for taking the time to respond to us and Welecome to the Group, "MATE"! We are happy you are here and you are very wellcome!