Aurora, CO - gun control - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Aurora, CO - gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Uh-oh!

Looks like they need more Prozac and fluoride in the water!!!!

The people ain't buying the **** the control maniacs are sellin'.........
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 07-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #22

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Just saw on the news that gun sales have increased 41% since the shooting. IN COLORADO. Make no mistake, there is zero appetite for increased gun control among the vast majority of Americans.

It's the usual crew on tv that has re-ignited the "debate". (MSNBC, etc).
QFT... I hope the dingbats...err...umm...Democrats in the Senate feel that way when the ATT comes to the table...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 07-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #23

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Just saw on the news that gun sales have increased 41% since the shooting...
Colorado gun sales soar after mass shooting:
http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-gun-sales-soar-mass-shooting-report-165709278.html
Old 07-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #24
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

would seem the lame stream medias and communists in our govt crys for more bans is back firing.

would seem a large portion of people arent buying into the medias hype and have decided GFZ's DO NOT work and have taken their personal protection upon themselves.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 PM   #25

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Uhhhh...... I wore level 2 or level 3A armor every day for 20 years. I'm fairly familar with it. And a level 3 vest will stop anything a .44 magnum can put out. The blunt force trauma hurts, but it doesn't stop a person.

If you're interested in what it will, and won't, do, google the body armor tests conducted by the NIJ. (National Institute of Justice.) I believe the FBI website still has some of their test results as well.

The manufacturers of the armor will also provide you with the specs.
There is a mountain of difference between a cop or soldier in body armor who are trained to win fights and a civilian nut job looking for a soft target.

We can't even compare this shooter to the LA bank guys. Those two were ready to die...and eventually did. This kid threw his hand up at the first hint of opposition. The little schmuck did not even know how to clear his riffle when the beta mag jammed...thank god.

My point is that a persons training is far more relevant that any weapon or armor short of a stollen tank.

The way this kid surrendered without a fight tells me that return fire, effective or not, would have ended the attack much sooner. No different that the looser who will beat his wife to with an inch of her life but becomes suddenly peaceful the moment he's confronted by another man.

Tack
Old 07-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 134 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 61

GREAT post

Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
would seem the lame stream medias and communists in our govt crys for more bans is back firing.

would seem a large portion of people arent buying into the medias hype and have decided GFZ's DO NOT work and have taken their personal protection upon themselves.
Local radio guys were whining about the amount of ammo the kid bought with no red flags... I buy that much the day before I take clients up to the gun club on a regular basis...and expense it of course.

I caught the program mid stream and don't know who they were talking too but the caller light them up over there stupidity.

The best part was when they asked him why gun owner got so defensive about debating reasonable controls after an attack like this.

His response was to asks them why they were not interested in discussing the dozen or so times that an armed citizen has thwarted a crime in the last month and went on to list them starting with the 71 year old Gentleman in the Florida Internet cafe...It was epic and quite a refreshing repreve from our nations past conversations on this issue following past shootings.

It's warming my heart to see the number of people now willing and able to counteract the lies and do it effectively and OUT LOUD for the public to hear.

God be with the victims and there families.

Tack

Old 07-24-2012, 09:47 PM   #28

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I also think the dialogue needs to move beyond the knee-jerk blame game of the inanimate tools used to perpetrate this crime.
As if this wack job wouldn't have found some other way to enact his delusions on the innocent if he couldn't have gotten hold of the specific tools he did.

We need to start asking ourselves what is making people like him.

What is happening in our schools,in our homes,and in our society as a whole,that creates these monsters.

I don't have any answers,but its time for America to take a good look at itself and stop trying to put band-aids on arterial bleeds.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%
People Like This 
Old 07-24-2012, 09:48 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6010 Times on 3403 Posts
Likes Given: 5616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
There is a mountain of difference between a cop or soldier in body armor who are trained to win fights and a civilian nut job looking for a soft target.

We can't even compare this shooter to the LA bank guys. Those two were ready to die...and eventually did. This kid threw his hand up at the first hint of opposition. The little schmuck did not even know how to clear his riffle when the beta mag jammed...thank god.

My point is that a persons training is far more relevant that any weapon or armor short of a stollen tank.

The way this kid surrendered without a fight tells me that return fire, effective or not, would have ended the attack much sooner. No different that the looser who will beat his wife to with an inch of her life but becomes suddenly peaceful the moment he's confronted by another man.

Tack
You may well be right. Unfortunately, since no return fire was directed at him, we'll never really know for sure.

Damn shame it takes something like this to get the majority of non-gun folks to get off their butt and go buy a gun.

At least the gun club guy is a hero, and even the liberal news media can't seem to make him a villian!

Winston Churchill

Old 07-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
You may well be right. Unfortunately, since no return fire was directed at him, we'll never really know for sure.

Damn shame it takes something like this to get the majority of non-gun folks to get off their butt and go buy a gun.

At least the gun club guy is a hero, and even the liberal news media can't seem to make him a villian!
True...and your right about the non gun folks. Unfortunately Those who buy will shoot it once to feel better then stick it in the closet...dirty...and forget it's there.

It will be that 1 trip they make to the range where friendly and knowledgable guys like us will have our 1 and only chance to embrace them and create a shooter.

Don't waste the chance...I've already volunteered for more Sunday RSO duty at my club.

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 07-24-2012 at 10:01 PM.