Aurora, CO - gun control - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Aurora, CO - gun control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 01:32 PM   #11
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
Here is more info about the law. I also found it on the state site but it is huge. I will try to copy and paste when I get home from work.

http://www.rmgo.org/gun-law-faqs/concealed-carry-permits
With this information the city of Aurora should be sued by the families of the victims and survivors. I sent an email to fox news including this info. Let's see if it goes anywhere. I'm also having others spread the info and a call for a class action suit against the city of Aurora. The families of victims and survivors should be compensated.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Last edited by mountainman13; 07-24-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #12

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus
Colorado already has pre-emption. Any local law may not legally conflict with state law.

Also, remember that the shooter was covered head to toe in body armor.

Any firearm capable of being easily concealed would have been useless against his armor, without armor piercing ammo, which is already illegal (for handguns, at least) under federal law..

Sorry, folks, but armed citizens probably wouldn't (couldn't) have helped in this particular situation.
Body armor: if you believe it wouldn't have made a difference put some on & have somebody shoot @ you. I guarantee you will run for cover.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #13

Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Wouldn't a fmj go through some of the minorly armored spots(legs,arms,neck,head)? Im surprised more people don't open carry long guns where its allowed.I know it draws alot more attention but it also yields extra stopping power. Although some stupid cop might shoot you on sight.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #14

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Colorado already has pre-emption. Any local law may not legally conflict with state law.

Any firearm capable of being easily concealed would have been useless against his armor, without armor piercing ammo, which is already illegal (for handguns, at least) under federal law..

Sorry, folks, but armed citizens probably wouldn't (couldn't) have helped in this particular situation.
Baloney...

This shooter was no soldier...he had no interest in dying himself as he prooved with his immediate surrender once confronted by a gun when LEO'S finally arrived.

All of these lone shooters pick GFZ's for there soft nature and they are not expecting opposition.

One armed citizen returning fire would had sent ^^THIS^^ coward scurrying back out the door and saved lives.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #15

Liked 2613 Times on 1180 Posts
Likes Given: 2532

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Another good reason for open carry, you could carry a large enough gun to get the job done. Also a good reason not to carry mouse guns.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #16
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Another good reason for open carry, you could carry a large enough gun to get the job done. Also a good reason not to carry mouse guns.
Yeah, this thing has had me rethinking carrying the pf-9...it conceals easily and is lightweight...you typically "forget" its there....but something like this i would want my 1911 or 686...or even an xd 45 or super redhawk in .44.

"bring enough gun"

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #17
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Glock 20 baby.
15 rnds of 155 grain hollow points packing 498 fpe of shut the fu@$ up and sit down. Lol

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:24 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5953 Times on 3370 Posts
Likes Given: 5521

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
Body armor: if you believe it wouldn't have made a difference put some on & have somebody shoot @ you. I guarantee you will run for cover.
Uhhhh...... I wore level 2 or level 3A armor every day for 20 years. I'm fairly familar with it. And a level 3 vest will stop anything a .44 magnum can put out. The blunt force trauma hurts, but it doesn't stop a person.

If you're interested in what it will, and won't, do, google the body armor tests conducted by the NIJ. (National Institute of Justice.) I believe the FBI website still has some of their test results as well.

The manufacturers of the armor will also provide you with the specs.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by locutus; 07-24-2012 at 05:29 PM.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:50 PM   #19

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

"Gun Control"-

The premise that by writing laws you will be able to get criminals to stop using guns.

At least,thats its public face.And its obviously a blatant failure.

But if you look at what "gun control" has been good at,turning an otherwise inalienable right of the individual into a mere government administered privilege and "controlling" the use of force in such a way as to give government a monopoly on the use of force,one has got to admit,its working pretty well.

So now you know why the gun grabbers keep arguing for more "gun control",despite its failure at its publicly stated goals.

As a side note,soft body armor won't stop 7.62x25 Tokarev.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 07-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #20

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Just saw on the news that gun sales have increased 41% since the shooting. IN COLORADO. Make no mistake, there is zero appetite for increased gun control among the vast majority of Americans.

It's the usual crew on tv that has re-ignited the "debate". (MSNBC, etc).