Attn: NY residetns of Rockalnd, Westchester and Putnam counties
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Attn: NY residetns of Rockalnd, Westchester and Putnam counties

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 03:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default Attn: NY residetns of Rockalnd, Westchester and Putnam counties

Some of you are aware of the attack on your privacy, safety and God given rights by the Journal News last week when they published the names and addresses of legally licensed handgun owners ... see here - http://www.lohud.com/interactive/article/20121223/NEWS01/121221011/Map-Where-gun-permits-your-neighborhood-?nclick_check=1. A thread was started to discuss the issue ... see here - http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/forget-about-irresponsible-even-legal-79303/

As of this morning it has been reported that the editor, CynDee Royle, has stated the the Journal News will continue to publish the information of legally licensed handgun owners in Putnam County. And that as information comes in they will continue to add to the interactive map of names and address - http://www.cnbc.com/id/100345021

I would urge all NY residents, especially those that live in Rockland, Westchester and Putnam Counties to contact their local and state reps and make your voices heard! I would also urge those that reside in these counties, and all NY'rs for that matter, to make your economic voices heard as well ... by boycotting the Journal News, any company that advertises with them and their parent company, the Gannett Company.

a copy of the NY State Law - http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?sh=printbill&bn=A09388&term

Rockland County District Attorney - http://rocklandcountyda.com/
Westchester County district attorney - as of this posting the website is down
Putnam County district attorney - http://putnamcountyda.org/
NY State Attorney General's Office - http://www.ag.ny.gov/
NY Senator Ball's office - http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/greg-ball

a copy of my 1st communication to the State Attorney General's office

Quote:
Hello,
As a firearms owner I find it reprehensible that anyone would publish the names and addresses of handgun owners. Alerting potential criminal activity to 2 things: 1) where they can steal a handgun from and 2) where they can commit crimes without encountering a firearm. After much research regarding the matter it would appear that the Gannet Company, it's publisher, the editor and the articles reporter broke the law with regards to privacy of these permit holders.

Among the more concerning issues is how the NY State Police allowed such information to be disseminated? to whom? and when?

Also, contrary to the articles claims the personal information of handgun owners is not isolated to residents of Rockland, Westchester and Putnam counties. I find it disconcerting that the NY State Police would have such information of persons who do not reside within the State of NY.

I sincerely hope that your office follows up on this issue.

Regards,
Dog2000TJ

a copy of my 2nd communication to the State Attorney General's Office

Quote:
Hello,
Last week I contacted your office in regards to the publication of handgun permit holders names and addresses by the Journal News, a subsidiary of the Gannet Company. As I mentioned earlier the publication of such a list is a violation of NY State Law, found here - http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?sh=printbill&bn=A09388&term. Further, as mentioned the names and address of legally licensed handgun owners is not limited to just NY state residents and in some cases is a violation of state laws where those residents do reside.

And now this morning I have read in the news that the editor, CynDee Royle, has stated that the Journal News will continue to publish the names and addresses of legal licensed handgun owners residing in Putnam County NY. This leads me to ask the question ... How is it possible that a non law enforcement entity like the Journal News is getting access to such information in clear violation of the law? (noted above) what is you office going to do about it? what is you office going to do to prevent such blatant attacks on peoples rights in the future?

I sincerely hope your office follows up on this matter.

Regards,
Dog2000TJ

and in case you wanted this information right at your fingertips ... I give you this ... enjoy

Editor:
Miss Royle’s married name is Lambert. She lives in White Plains and here is her Facebook page complete with pictures of her and her kids - http://www.facebook.com/CynDeeRoyle

Cynthia R Lambert
17 Mcbride Ave
White Plains, NY 10603 (914) 948-9388

Work: 914-694-5001
croyle@lohud.com
https://twitter.com/croyle1
https://www.facebook.com/cyndee.royle.7
https://www.facebook.com/CynDeeRoyle
Drives a red convertible:http://s13.postimage.org/k8ffnxuo7/cyndee_royle_aka_cynthia_lambert_red_convertible.j pg
Family photo: http://s7.postimage.org/dkqtytvyj/cyndee_royle_aka_cynthia_lambert_fb_alt_private.jp g

Publisher:
Janet Hasson,
3 Gate House Lane, Mamaroneck NY, 10543
(914) 694-5204
@janhasson on twitter

Reporter:
Dwight R. Worley, 23006 139 Ave
Springfield Gardens, NY 11413
(718) 527-0832

ironically ... a licensed handgun owner in the City of NY ... and NOT noted on the interactive map.

the “Visual Editors” responsible for the map itself is:

Robert F. Rodriguez
(w) Stephanie Azzarone
Home (212) 222-4566
420 Riverside Dr, Apt 7A
New York, NY 10025-7748

Gannet CEO:
Gracia C Martore
728 Springvale Rd
Great Falls, VA 22066
(703) 759-5954

Gannett CFO:
Victoria D Harker
Home (434) 325-2374
134 Warrior Run
Roseland, VA 22967

the Journal News Reporters in your neighborhood - http://www.newrochelletalk.com/content/map-where-are-journal-news-employees-your-neighborhood

the FOIL request:

Worley, Dwight [DWORLEY@lohud.com]
Mr. Bartolotti,
Sent: Monday, December 17, 2012 2:26 PM
To: Michael Bartolotti

Under the provisions of the New York Freedom of Information Law, Article 6 of the Public Officers Law, I hereby request records or portions thereof pertaining to Putnam County’s pistol permit database.

I am requesting the names, complete addresses, the type of permits issued (carry concealed/possess on
premises/possess carry during employment), and the type of weapons possessed, including the weapon's
manufacturer, type of weapon, caliber, serial number and model, for all permit holders in your database. Also, please provide a complete record layout and data dictionary for your pistol permits database.

I would like all of the records in electronic format, such as a database, spreadsheet, plain text file or other digital format.

I have been instructed instructed by you that state penal law prohibits the disclosure of the types of weapons possessed by permit holders even though such information is collected by the county. If it is determined that that category of information cannot be released please process my request, excluding the protected information, without delay. In your response, please indicate the specific sections of the law that expressly prohibit the disclosure of the protected information.

As you know, all government records and data are presumed public unless there is a specific provision of law barring their release. So while the law expressly says names and addresses of permit holders are to be made public, if the law does not specifically bar the release of the types of permits issued and types of weapons possessed, that information can and should be released. In that case, I would expect that information to be included.

As Robert Freeman, executive director of the New York State Committee on Open Government, has said in
several opinions regarding the disclosure of pistol permit data beyond names and addresses, “the only instance in which records must be withheld would involve the case in which a statute prohibits disclosure. Again, as I interpret §400.00 of the Penal Law, there is nothing in that statute that precludes the custodian of the records at issue from disclosing the records.”

If there are any fees for copying the records requested, please inform me before filling the request or please supply the records without informing me if the fees are not in excess of $25.

This request is in relation to a news event. Because of the timely nature of this request, I ask that it be expedited. Also, because of time constraints, I ask that if there are any concerns or questions regarding this request that I be contacted by telephone at 914‐629‐1060 or by email at dworley@lohud.com.

As you know, the Freedom of Information Law requires that an agency respond to a request within five business days of receipt of a request. Therefore, I would appreciate a response as soon as possible and look forward to hearing from you shortly. If for any reason any portion of my request is denied, please inform me of the reasons for the denial in writing and provide the name and address of the person or body to whom an appeal should be directed.

Thank you for your prompt attention.

Dwight R. Worley | Reporter/Data Analyst
1133 Westchester Avenue, Suite N110
White Plains, NY 10604
Voice: 914.629.1060 | Fax: 914.694.5018
E-mail: dworley@lohud.com | Web: lohud.com
Twitter: twitter.com/lohud | Facebook: facebook.com/lohud
Foursquare: foursquare.com/lohud | tumblr: lohud.tumblr.com

Advertisers with the Journal News - http://www.newrochelletalk.com/files/gannett_advertisers_12-28-2012_c.pdf

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Last edited by dog2000tj; 12-30-2012 at 07:57 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #2

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

So the newspaper will continue to break the law and the DAs won't prosecute??? More has to be done, no rules for them, NO rules for us. I would like to see more info about these people concerning family members. I know it's dirty, these people took a sh@t on us first. Maybe when everyone in their life feels the heat this will stop. NO ONE connected to these people should be left alone!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
So the newspaper will continue to break the law and the DAs won't prosecute??? More has to be done, no rules for them, NO rules for us. I would like to see more info about these people concerning family members. I know it's dirty, these people took a sh@t on us first. Maybe when everyone in their life feels the heat this will stop. NO ONE connected to these people should be left alone!
spread the word ... make your voice heard!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 12-30-2012, 06:08 PM   #4

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

It is intertesting how Ms. Lambert Nee Royle's facebook/tweeter addresses are already removed.

Nothing like a case of turnabout and fair play to open one's eyes.

Glass house, Ms. Lambert, glass house...

Bravo Zulu, dog2000tj, Bravo Zulu!

eldar

Old 12-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #5

Dog-
Yes sir! I've told all my friends and family about this. I'm in FL, not directly affected, but mad as HELL. If my name was on a list such as this I would be well beyond mad and angry. There has got to be more that can be done to these pukes without resorting to violence. I still say drag their family into it. Those people on the list have their family dragged into this, why shouldn't the offenders have theirs drawn into it???

Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Dog-
Yes sir! I've told all my friends and family about this. I'm in FL, not directly affected, but mad as HELL. If my name was on a list such as this I would be well beyond mad and angry. There has got to be more that can be done to these pukes without resorting to violence. I still say drag their family into it. Those people on the list have their family dragged into this, why shouldn't the offenders have theirs drawn into it???
Pressure ... more and more pressure! The State Police, the District Attorney's, the State Attorney and the local and state reps need to feel the pressure. It is not enough for gun owners to sit back and complain ... they need to make their voices heard ... they need to make their money talk ... and they need to make their votes count ... and they need to use the anti-gunners tactics against them!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I'm guessing a daily egging of their homes would help solve the problem.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #8

No egging or violence IMO. Like Dog said, pressure and lots of it. These pukes prob have relatives that wouldn't like all of their laundry exposed. No one should be immune to the discomfort caused by these sh@t birds.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM   #9

Look at it this way ... any information compiled by any organization into any sort of list is fair game ... read the fine print. So for those Journal news employees who rent movies ... guess what? for those Journal News employees that make purchases online ... guess what? for those Journal News employees that have credit scores ... guess what? for those Journal News employees that have criminal records ... guess what?

that's right ... if the information is complied on a list it is fair game! The Journal News stirred the hornets nest ... they can reap what they have sowed now!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 12-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #10

Love your passion on this issue Dog. I'm surprised more people don't see how big a deal this is. Besides public endangerment we have the issue of the authorities not enforcing the law. This brings us to class. Rules for the elite, rules for the serfs. This is such a big issue that has not gotten nearly enough coverage. Every free American should be concerned, gun owner or not. I just hate seeing the innocent rank and file LEOs being used as pawns by the elite antis. The only thing off the table to use against these POSs should be violence, everything else is fair game.