Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Att. Gen says Ill. Gun owners names released

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Someone out there must know the AGs home address. I'd like to see that posted in some hard core militia forums. Seems fair. This guy wants to play hardball? Well, batter up!

Last edited by NickySantoro; 03-03-2011 at 11:53 PM.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:52 AM   #12

Likes Given: 2

Default ISRA Update

Here is a link to blogger who obtained the ratioanle for the IL AG opinion on the FOID list. Response from the AG's office is attached in the site. Clipped this from the ISRA site.

No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Is Nothing Sacred? (updated with letter)

Twisted logic at best.

Of note, the AG rep who developed the opinion has a 312 area code. That's Chicago folks. The state capitol is Springfield - area code 217- about 150 miles south. Coincidence?? Hardly.

Also of note is that the prior governor never moved from Chicago to the capitol and the current one spends as much time there as at work. Arrogance?? Absolutely.

The AP, who filed the original FOIA request, is either a useful idiot of or viscious coconspitator with the Chicago machine in their war against personal liberty.

Keep in mind that, in spite of the appearance here, Illinois is not as restrictive as say New Jersey or California. Yes we have the FOID system but, outside of the city of Chicago, I do not need any special permits to purchase pistols or "scary looking" rifles. I can buy ammo off the shelf at the local Farm and Fleet and show nothing but the FOID.

We are getting closer to freedom. We just need to keep fighting.

Hopefully the benefit of this stupidity is that more citizens get involved in defending basic human rights from the dark forces of tyranny.

Last edited by Nomad 1; 03-04-2011 at 01:23 AM. Reason: typo

Old 03-04-2011, 01:00 AM   #13

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

I know different states are always talking about seceding from the union, is it possible to throw one out? I'm just asking here

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #14

Default Throw us out??

Hey, Jesse!

Not sure where you are from but this is a local fight that has little bearing on the issue of national gun rights. In all reality it is just a small skirmish in a larger battle for power. The issue is whether the State Police have the right to keep information confidential or if an AG can force them to do something they think is illegal. This will go to court.

The other issue is WTF is wrong with the AP?? What is their axe to grind? I have no clue on this one.

Chicago politicians still hold a grudge back to the time whe the ISP took jurisdiction over I 90 and I 94 running through the city from ther local cops. What they really did was remove access to revenue derived from tickets. That was 40 years ago.

Remember, in Chicago it is about power and money. The gun issue is just a useful tool. Perhaps it is the same in any big city. If I look at Bloomberg in NYC I see an enemy of individual rights far more aggressive than Daley in Chicago.

In any event, let the good folks of Illinois deal with our little cesspool on the southwest corner of Lake Michigan. The real threat is from the Schumer's, Lautenberg's, Fienstien's, Boxer's, Waxman's and McCarthy's in the US Senate and House. We should support every effort by the citizens of CA, NY and NJ to get their states back from the truly oppressive elements in national politics.

Regards,

Nomad

Old 03-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad 1 View Post
Hey, Jesse!

Not sure where you are from but this is a local fight that has little bearing on the issue of national gun rights. In all reality it is just a small skirmish in a larger battle for power. The issue is whether the State Police have the right to keep information confidential or if an AG can force them to do something they think is illegal. This will go to court.

The other issue is WTF is wrong with the AP?? What is their axe to grind? I have no clue on this one.

Chicago politicians still hold a grudge back to the time whe the ISP took jurisdiction over I 90 and I 94 running through the city from ther local cops. What they really did was remove access to revenue derived from tickets. That was 40 years ago.

Remember, in Chicago it is about power and money. The gun issue is just a useful tool. Perhaps it is the same in any big city. If I look at Bloomberg in NYC I see an enemy of individual rights far more aggressive than Daley in Chicago.

In any event, let the good folks of Illinois deal with our little cesspool on the southwest corner of Lake Michigan. The real threat is from the Schumer's, Lautenberg's, Fienstien's, Boxer's, Waxman's and McCarthy's in the US Senate and House. We should support every effort by the citizens of CA, NY and NJ to get their states back from the truly oppressive elements in national politics.

Regards,

Nomad
Oh, don't get too ruffled there. I was just making a joke. I'm just sick of hearing about the anti-gun shenanigans in different spots around the country, and it seems that weekly I learn of a new gun law or restriction in Illinois that just pisses me off.

So I was just making a little fun of my disgust, not of the fine people in Illinois. (Rock Island Armory is F-ing AWESOME, BTW!)

On a side note, NO ANTI-GUN BS IS EVER JUST 'A LOCAL FIGHT' IN THIS COUNTRY! We all thought that NY City gun ban was just local until that prick Giuliani started campaigning the national Mayors Association to do the same in all cities.

I get pissed over any dumb $hit messing with MY rights weather I live there or not. Even if it doesn't set a presidents, at the very least it sets an example!

One more thing as long as I'm ranting...That's just the typical AP. They're always pushing to see how far they can use their 1st amendment to destroy their 2nd. I get so ticked off when I read stuff like "Police found over 1,000 rds of ammunition, and an unregistered shotgun in the suspects home." Already the general public thinks he's a criminal because he is "hiding" a gun by not registering it...it must be stolen, or used to kill someone...never mind the fact that there isn't even a dang form to register a shotgun in Montana because it's not required!

[/rant]
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 03-06-2011, 02:11 AM   #16

Default FOID list

We're on the same page here and no offense was even remotely taken.

I am hoping that more people in the state will get engaged because of actions like this.

Keep up the fight.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'll bet you a dollar to a donut the names of her armed security people are NOT on that list! jd45

Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #18
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
+1....NY is actually filled with good ole republicans....but NYC controls everything....
Generally, that's true. But anywhere there are cities -- Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, etc. -- you get a hive of collectivist idiots who support the morons in NYC. Everyone else is screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUBrowningBoy View Post
A city ordnance was passed as a state law saying that outdoor fires are illegal cuz bumswere lighting up in trash cans...Now I cant have a bonfire in my back yard...
I still have fires in my yard. Screw it. I recommend you do the same.