ATF Tightens Gun Control in Border States - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF Tightens Gun Control in Border States

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
This should do wonders for the gun show sellers' market. The more crap they call "law", the more i prefer to buy off paper.
Yeah, but they're looking really hard at trying to close the gun show "loophole".

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by knfxda View Post
Yeah, but they're looking really hard at trying to close the gun show "loophole".
And when they start passing more criminal laws, i might become more of a criminal.

edit* by "criminal laws" i mean laws against the constitution and/or passed by criminals.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 07-12-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #23

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
And when they start passing more criminal laws, i might become more of a criminal.
(makes note, hides ATF badge)

Old 07-12-2011, 11:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddbrowns View Post
Hmmmm....so if they know what you have, they can start taxing you, which is complete bull crap....they can also start "watching" or "monitoring" you as an individual. They can also start profiling in crimes.....honestly, dont want to deal with ANY of that. They dont know how many movies I have on DVD, they dont need to know how many guns I have. Its plain stupid....
You say that like they dont ALREADY know what you have, unless you have a few unregesterd ones.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." -George Mason
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #25

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeswithbacon View Post
You say that like they dont ALREADY know what you have, unless you have a few unregesterd ones.
You know what I mean. I dont have any non registered ones, but to keep track of this crap, ESPECIALLY in VA, property tax from the Federal and State, here we are.....

Old 07-12-2011, 11:22 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeswithbacon View Post
I don't have any "registered" firearms, but i bought some of mine through FFL1's, so there is a paper trail on them.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 07-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #27

It's a simple formula:

More Laws (Regulations) = Less Freedom

If we let them, the governments (Federal, State and Local) and their bureaucracies
will whittle away at our rights until we wake up in a police state (are we there yet ?).

The BATFE and their agents need to be prosecuted for their crimes.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:34 AM   #28

Quote:
I don't have any "registered" firearms, but i bought some of mine through FFL1's, so there is a paper trail on them.
One very wise crazy man once told me the only way to freely own a firearm is to get it from "that guy".

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #29

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Well, it's been hashed to death but I thought I would repeat my anger at the situation. I don't see anything wrong with this beyond "baby steps." Small things over a long period of time are more effective than radical changes at once. Like boiling a frog. My other problem is that the ATF is the one that let all the guns walk across the boarder. Which I'm sure is the excuse they're using for more gun control. However, they're not subject to this law making it completely asinine. So, they're not subject to a law they are creating because of a situation they caused. Completely absurd.

The ATF. I would call them useless, but a boat anchor on the legs of society would be more accurate.

Old 07-13-2011, 01:37 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Well, it's been hashed to death but I thought I would repeat my anger at the situation. I don't see anything wrong with this beyond "baby steps." Small things over a long period of time are more effective than radical changes at once. Like boiling a frog. My other problem is that the ATF is the one that let all the guns walk across the boarder. Which I'm sure is the excuse they're using for more gun control. However, they're not subject to this law making it completely asinine. So, they're not subject to a law they are creating because of a situation they caused. Completely absurd.

The ATF. I would call them useless, but a boat anchor on the legs of society would be more accurate.
Good point Polygon

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!