ATF shotgun study - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF shotgun study

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 04:44 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

The ATF and the politicians along with their gun ban buddies have it easy. We fight amongst ourselves about what features are obsolete. Protect them all or we will have none. They are simply dividing us and making it easy to conquer us.

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Old 04-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #22

Liked 1798 Times on 1003 Posts
Likes Given: 1177

Perhaps a good look at Libya is in order. People are discussing whether or not we should arm the people. If someone like Kadafi were to somehow take over the US 50 years from now...who would arm us?

Please excuse the spelling. I am not an english teacher

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:27 PM   #23

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
A grenade launcher is obviously for killing lots of people. A bayonet is for killing people after you run out of ammo. A flash suppressor is only good for hiding from people, animals would run from the noise, not the flash. While I don't mind weapons made for killing people, you shouldn't be able to take out time square without having to reload. And it's not overly difficult to get a grenade for an m203, I would assume. Maybe difficult to get it LEGALLY, but I'm sure if you crossed the southern border, you could find some for cheap.
Well there are a few things wrong with this.

A. Most guns are designed for killing something. Be it animals or selfdefence or targets.

B. If someone wants to kill a large group of people I highly doubt they will use a grenade launcher (as it hasnt happened yet). They would probably use one of the many easily made explosives, such as a simple gasoline bomb.

C. Why does needing to reload make a difference? If it was that detrimental to have to reload than our military wouldnt still be using guns that use magazines. Everything would be belt fed.

D. Of course I was talking about getting one legally... duh. As for people getting them illegally... well, by definition it is already against the law, hence "illegal" and therefore they are breaking the law already, so obviously laws do no hinder them so why make another?

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 04-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #24

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Gotta tell yeah, if you can afford a grenade launcher and the ammo, good for you! (from a poor high school kid). I gotta pay for all my hardware, so a grenade launcher is still in the distant future. And I wouldn't rely on any arms from Mexico, too many amateurs.

Second, if you have to use a bayonet, you're in deep Sh1t. That means you're out of ammo, and need to stab someone. Not good.

Thirdly, the idea behind the second amendment was to create a citizen soldier, someone capable of banding together with others in the community to defend themselves. Not a full time job, but a capability. The BATFE and the like restrict this founding principle. Personally, the idea of keeping a Just In Case gun off the books is appealing, but I don't like supporting criminals (who made the problem in the first place) or ruining my life over it. If our boys can get by on semi-auto most of the time, I might manage.

My advice to all gun owners, new and old, is to not give out info you don't have to. The ATF has people looking at forums like this. Not big brother like, but if a guy says "yeah, my wifes such a bitch. I'll see how she likes my M16, hahaha." It gets their attention. Do yourself and all gun owners a favor, and always act professionally. You never know whos watching.

"I only regret I have but one life to lose for my country" Nathan Hale

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791. Note

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #25

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

They aren't banning guns. They're making it so they can't be imported. You can still buy these guns domestically.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 04-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #26
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
A grenade launcher is obviously for killing lots of people. A bayonet is for killing people after you run out of ammo. A flash suppressor is only good for hiding from people, animals would run from the noise, not the flash. While I don't mind weapons made for killing people, you shouldn't be able to take out time square without having to reload. And it's not overly difficult to get a grenade for an m203, I would assume. Maybe difficult to get it LEGALLY, but I'm sure if you crossed the southern border, you could find some for cheap.
No personal offense intended toward Ploofy or anyone with similar sentiments, but it really brings me down big-time when Americans completely misunderstand 2A.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #27

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
They aren't banning guns. They're making it so they can't be imported. You can still buy these guns domestically.
Is that right? How many saiga's come from russia (and its satellites)? How many garands do we get from countries we loaned them to that are now being imported back into America? How many gun companies arent based in America? (hk glock sig etc)

But you are right, there is nothing wrong with banning the importation of guns. There also wont be anything wrong with banning the production of guns in America either right? Or a massive tax increase on ammunition?

This is simply a step. When you walk to your mailbox you dont do it in one leap do you, you take it step by step, thats also how gun control works. We cant just fight them on the last step, we have to fight every step they try to take if we have any hope of being successful.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 04-11-2011, 05:49 PM   #28

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterner123 View Post
Gotta tell yeah, if you can afford a grenade launcher and the ammo, good for you! (from a poor high school kid). I gotta pay for all my hardware, so a grenade launcher is still in the distant future. And I wouldn't rely on any arms from Mexico, too many amateurs.

Second, if you have to use a bayonet, you're in deep Sh1t. That means you're out of ammo, and need to stab someone. Not good.

Thirdly, the idea behind the second amendment was to create a citizen soldier, someone capable of banding together with others in the community to defend themselves. Not a full time job, but a capability. The BATFE and the like restrict this founding principle. Personally, the idea of keeping a Just In Case gun off the books is appealing, but I don't like supporting criminals (who made the problem in the first place) or ruining my life over it. If our boys can get by on semi-auto most of the time, I might manage.

My advice to all gun owners, new and old, is to not give out info you don't have to. The ATF has people looking at forums like this. Not big brother like, but if a guy says "yeah, my wifes such a bitch. I'll see how she likes my M16, hahaha." It gets their attention. Do yourself and all gun owners a favor, and always act professionally. You never know whos watching.
This x1000! Remember, the internet is pen not pencil. The second something is posted up it is out there forever.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM   #29

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

"sporting purpose" is subjective.... you ever here the saying "there's more than one way to skin a cat?" well apply it to "sport"

I use a shotgun to break clay disks into pieces...Does that mean I should be limited to "sporting" shotguns? why cant I use a saiga? its a shotgun and it accomplishes the same goal, just in a different way...

Deer hunting? yea, I do have a .270 rem 700 bolt action...but why cant I use a semi automatic ar??

a gun is a gun no matter what way you look at it...there are 2 purposes...killing targets, and killing people/animals. it doesnt matter what my gun looks like or how it functions...either way, if someone wants to shoot something....theyre gonna shoot it no matter what gun they have

Old 04-11-2011, 10:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Is that right? How many saiga's come from russia (and its satellites)? How many garands do we get from countries we loaned them to that are now being imported back into America? How many gun companies arent based in America? (hk glock sig etc)

But you are right, there is nothing wrong with banning the importation of guns. There also wont be anything wrong with banning the production of guns in America either right? Or a massive tax increase on ammunition?

This is simply a step. When you walk to your mailbox you dont do it in one leap do you, you take it step by step, thats also how gun control works. We cant just fight them on the last step, we have to fight every step they try to take if we have any hope of being successful.

Well said. Partially quoting someone else from another forum:"Think of it like this no side mounted rails on a shotgun this year. Next year they are going after every side mounted rail on every other weapon we own because they have already "proved" that they have no sporting value in another case" boomstick

If we dont stand together we dont stand a chance. unknown

One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils of the world are to be cured by legislation. Thomas Reed

Last edited by laynejc; 04-11-2011 at 10:59 PM.