Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF shotgun study

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Explain to me how having a grenade launcher or a bayonet or a flash supressor makes a firearm more dangerous. Bear in mind its very very difficult to get an actual grenade for an m203.

In my opinion there is nothing about any gun that warrants its banning. If someone were to invent a fully automatic 12gauge you could hide in a closed hand that fired heatseaking ammunition with built in AAA i would still be fine with it... But I think I'm more enthusiastic than most about gun rights.

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 04-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #12

It does annoy me that there are bans at all. I GUESS some may be for safety reasons (grenade launcher, MAYBE). But in reality it is so that the governnemt will ALWAYS have more power over the citizens. In the case, hypothetically, that there was some kind of citizen uprising in America, the citizen's firearms would be inferior to the governments (excluding tanks, jets, etc...).

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"
~Thomas Jefferson

"Fear is a sickness. It will crawl into the soul of anyone who engages it."

From Long Island? Check out LItactical.com forum!!

Old 04-10-2011, 02:20 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 386 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

We live in a world that is governed solely by the aggressive use of force. Any governing body anywhere in the world wants to have a monopoly on the ability to use any type of force.
The standard pump action shotgun symbolizes the ability of regular civilians to lay down a layer of effective force against an aggressor. And that scares the crap out of our malevolent masters. They just don't have that full monopoly on violent force they have been pushing for since 1968. This "study" is just the next step to the ultimate goal. This wont stop until we are left with nothing but a sharp stick to defend our lives and our property. Then we can worry about the sharp stick study.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:42 AM   #14

If I were ever elected president, the first thing I would do would be to get rid of the TSA and ATF. TSA first, because I have a deep seated rage against those guys. But the ATF would get gone too. They are nothing more than a relic of Prohibition.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I really don't care I'd rather spend more time in prison for shooting a burgler that I could see because I had a illegally mounted flash light on my saiga 12 with the 75 rd drum then die because I didn't.

"ever man out here has a timer, no one know how long it will take but no one last forever"
Sargent Miller

"cake or death! I'll have the cake then... SORRY WHERE OUT OF CAKE!... so it's or death? I'll have the chicken then please." Eddy Izzard

"so a suppose your going to kill me now? no he is I'm just here to watch"

"you know why guns are better then a woman?... you can put a silencer on a gun."

Old 04-10-2011, 05:17 AM   #16
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1761 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 3532

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmille01 View Post
I really don't care I'd rather spend more time in prison for shooting a burgler that I could see because I had a illegally mounted flash light on my saiga 12 with the 75 rd drum then die because I didn't.
They (Government) want us to be more like the UK. The criminal has more rights than the victims!

Old 04-10-2011, 10:38 AM   #17

I really look forward to whatever lawsuit takes on all these "feel good" "rulings". It's so sad that some agency can just, at a whim, define what is and is not protected by the Second Amendment.

I do wonder if they are going to end up finding many of these items and devices protected under Miller v. US or not. It would seem that many of these arms can and are connected to use in a militia -- not sure how they will just forgo the previous jurisprudence and dance around it. I do think they will try their hardest though!

-- NRA Certified Instructor --

Old 04-10-2011, 01:19 PM   #18

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
Explain to me how having a grenade launcher or a bayonet or a flash supressor makes a firearm more dangerous. Bear in mind its very very difficult to get an actual grenade for an m203.
A grenade launcher is obviously for killing lots of people. A bayonet is for killing people after you run out of ammo. A flash suppressor is only good for hiding from people, animals would run from the noise, not the flash. While I don't mind weapons made for killing people, you shouldn't be able to take out time square without having to reload. And it's not overly difficult to get a grenade for an m203, I would assume. Maybe difficult to get it LEGALLY, but I'm sure if you crossed the southern border, you could find some for cheap.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 04-10-2011, 04:20 PM   #19

Liked 694 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 717

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
A grenade launcher is obviously for killing lots of people. A bayonet is for killing people after you run out of ammo. A flash suppressor is only good for hiding from people, animals would run from the noise, not the flash. While I don't mind weapons made for killing people, you shouldn't be able to take out time square without having to reload. And it's not overly difficult to get a grenade for an m203, I would assume. Maybe difficult to get it LEGALLY, but I'm sure if you crossed the southern border, you could find some for cheap.
What about collectors? Bayonets are a relic from when military guns had limited capacity and more of a weapon of last resort or defense. I asked in another post about bayonets and the forum pretty much agreed that bayonets are obsolete and difficult to use. But I think their neat to have for old mil rifles, and is apart of the history as well. I dont see why you shouldnt be able to have a grenade launcher, its a neat collectible. Ive seen the vids of people shooting the dummy rounds and it looks fun. The laws are already there to punish those who misuse any of this. Now if someone take out a crowd of people with said launcher, i say punish them to the fullest extent of the law, charged with X murders and whatever damages are caused.

Hate to break it to you but you can get just about anything from across the border. Arms, drugs, medications, and even people!! I guess the governments right, guns should be banned, you know how many cross the border from the US? I know a guy out where i live who will pay $1,000 for any age, make, or model of AK working or not... why? cause he takes them to mexico so they can be made into full auto's. Ive even heard of a machine shop in mexico that can make the machine gun parts kits that can be bought on the internet into fully functional arms. Ive even had a guy offer to sell me a WWII era sten for $2,000 when i worked at a local gas station. But Im not willing to take the risk to buy a illegal gun!!
If your willing to buy the grenades from south of the border wouldnt you just buy the launcher there too? Heck you could probably buy the launcher with grenades cheaper than just the launcher here in the states.
I say lets make car illegal cause somebody MIGHT drink and drive or other wise use the car carelessly........

Last edited by Trez; 04-10-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: left out

Old 04-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #20

Liked 4553 Times on 2201 Posts
Likes Given: 1361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploofy View Post
Ploofy,

With all due respect. I think you need to research the history of gun control.
The 94 crime bill will give you a good frame of reference for why banning cosmetic features is pointless and only serves to harass the law bidding gun owner and drive up the prices we pay to enjoy our sport. The current BATFE logic regarding shot gun imports has already been done and then un-done regarding self loading rifles and hi cap pistol mags previously banned in 94 then un banned in 04. The BIG deal about this regulatory mishap is that it is attempting to circumvent the legislative process by going around Congress and allowing faceless, unaccountable beauracrats the authority to CRIMINALIZE activities the many of US currently enjoy.

If you don't like specific gun features then write to your representative and request they bring a bill before congress to ban it. All of our rep's then vote it up or down. This is how democracy works. It does not work by allowing appointed hacks with personal agenda's the authority to hand down rulings for which they never have to face the voters. That is how REVOLUTIONS occur...IE taxation without representation...Get it...

TACK