Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
I am pretty sure that question has been answered untruthfully by many, very often and numerous times.

It is the burden of the law to prove such usage. You know, innocent until proven guilty and such.

What next? Hair, blood and urine testing to buy a gun?

Ain't them personal rights great!
Which goes to answer your own question, right? If someone is stupid enough to say 'yes', when the reality is, their state doesn't have it as an illegal substance, they may not actually be smart enough to trust with anything more dangerous than a nerf gun.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #32
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8059

Quote:
Originally Posted by towboater View Post
How about if ya drink raw milk?
WI judge declares that individuals have no fundamental right to own cows, drink raw milk.

Learn more: WI judge declares that individuals have no fundamental right to own cows, drink raw milk
I'm screwed. I drink raw goat's milk.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #33

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I'm screwed. I drink raw goat's milk.
I assume a cup is involved? Then what's the problem?

Old 10-01-2011, 03:23 PM   #34
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I assume a cup is involved? Then what's the problem?
And now my keyboard has coffee all over it. Dammit.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #35
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
And now my keyboard has coffee all over it. Dammit.
twice in 24 hours i am wiping a substance off my monitor...last night it was beer with the "crop dusting" comment...today its coffee.

Gotta love the characters in this place!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #36

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

I don't think I should have to prove anything, especially not to the ATF. They are one of the worst government agencies in the history of government agencies.

Everything is unconstitutional anymore and everyone has an agenda.

I guess you would have to define where the line of legal is drawn, Who draws it and with what authority. I think the ones asking all the questions are more in the wrong than the ones smoking the joint... After all, who decided pot was illegal? The stuff grows rampant and wild all over this country and the world! We all know it's bullsnot, we all know how this came to be ( if you don't, start researching). Pot was criminalizes because it threatened the agendas and the wallets of a few party members and their donators... Had nothing to do with the people. Now it directly threatens the agendas and wallets of big companies like Pfizer, who support ( monetarily) anyone who will jump intheir pocket. Why would they want to compete with something that you can grow in your back yard to solve a number of ailments that you would otherwise need a medicine cabinet and a thousand side affects to compete with one weed.
When it's left to those who have something to loose to decide, it's kind of obvious. America HAS spoken about it. The American government is against it, not the people.

So when I fill out my forms, I consider a few things....

Am I an illegal user of drugs? No

Why? Marijuana is a plant. I don't have to put it through any process to smoke it. It's not created in a lab like vicodin, percocette other "drugs".

Can I walk outside and wave a bag of weed around? Yes. Here.
Can I walk into a store and buy it, yes. Here.
Where am I buying a gun? Here.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:50 PM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I don't much disagree with your sentiment there Mr. Woody, especially regarding the unfairness of anti-cannabis laws.

The best way to correct the problem would be to reign in the over-reaching federal government by limiting it to controlling the military and foreign affairs and such, as was originally intended by the founding fathers.

Of course, in their usual "do as we say do not as we do" fashion: 4 Americans get pot from U.S. government

I say good for the four, at least.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:20 PM   #38

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

So if the BATFE runs another sting op on pot smoking gun buyers will they call it Operation Slow and Mellow?

My opinion, though it pains me to agree with them, is that they are justified in their position based on the current 4473 questions. Being under the influence of a drug whether legally prescribed or not is a disqualification per the current regs. Perhaps more troubling, as has been pointed out, is that any opiate based drug or controlled narcotic prescribed for pain is potentially problematic. Keep that in mind as Big Brother presses for access to all of your Medical and Pharmacy records.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 10-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
Being under the influence of a drug whether legally prescribed or not is a disqualification per the current regs. Perhaps more troubling, as has been pointed out, is that any opiate based drug or controlled narcotic prescribed for pain is potentially problematic. Keep that in mind as Big Brother presses for access to all of your Medical and Pharmacy records.
Don't forget about the other fun pills out there like Xanax, Valium, Paxil, and other similar "mind-altering substances". What happens when Nanny Sam finds those on your scrip list?

It is PAST time for the federal misgovernment to be reigned in.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:11 PM   #40

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Which is why I choose to remain anonymous in my extra curricular activities. And I stay away from the VA and their prescribed solutions. Not that I don't appreciate the VA, but if anyone is going to share my info with Uncle Sam I figure they would be first in line. The stuff they prescribe for PTSD is capable of creating a Zombie apocalypse, and no doubt could hinder the purchase of a firearm if it should come to that.

Owning firearms is my first priority. Bad things happen to un armed civilians. The proof is found all over the world and throughout history. Disarming the greater society is on more people's wishlist than I can comfortably fathom. I sound line one of those "extremists" but the government doesn't like or care about you as an individual... Only what they can gain by keeping everything under their control...

Foreign policies and military should be their control... The rest should be left to the state and local governments.

But that will never happen, not without another... Uh.... Well I'll keep quiet for MY freedoms sake....but this is all sadly reminiscent of trying to escape England's rule. In fact, we have become what our forefathers fought to escape...