ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 06:33 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 61 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 15

These are Federal Fireams Laws. The Federal Law does not recognize the use of marijuana as being legal. Under present law they are doing their job. The very act of having street drugs under your control and haveing a firearm is a Federal felony.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 AM   #22

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
These are Federal Fireams Laws. The Federal Law does not recognize the use of marijuana as being legal. Under present law they are doing their job. The very act of having street drugs under your control and haveing a firearm is a Federal felony.
That doesn't make it right. We used to use slave labor in the south too...just saying...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-01-2011, 09:55 AM   #23
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21996 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangokid View Post
i am going to offer my opinion here. the sale or use of marijuana is illegal by the authority of the federal government. even medical marijuana! beings guns are under the jurisdiction of the federal government they have the right to deny legal ownership of a firearm by means of the GCA 1968. have you people read that form lately, or do you just fill it out blindly when you purchase a firearm? also IMO, i don't believe that marijuana is anymore harmful than alcohol, but can you buy marijuana at the local convenience store, the local market? no you can't, because it is illegal. so until the federal government changes it's stand on medical marijuana, it is still illegal too. do i think they should legalize marijuana? can't really give you a concrete answer on that. do i think that maybe some cancer patients should be prescribed marijuana for their illness? maybe. but the fact of the matter is all of this doesn't mean squat because it is still illegal by mandate of the federal government as of now, and until they do change the laws, it is still illegal.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:38 PM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Right about now, I want the Federal government to outlaw all tobacco products and all alcohol, and I want them to regulate the sale of sugar - make it an over-the-counter sort of thing where you must give your name, SSN, and record the quantity of sugar being bought. Anyone who buys sugar or continues to smoke or drink will not be allowed to purchase firearms or ammo by mandate of the ATF. After all, it would be a federal law and the ATF would just be doing their job.

Maybe some folks out there are starting to see the idiocy of this.

We get wrapped around the axle arguing about laws or whether pot is harmful or whether the ATF should be doing these things that we never step back and look at the root cause of the problem: the federal government does not have the constitutional authority to prohibit things which people eat, drink, smoke or inject. Period.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
My thoughts are simply just take another step into background investigation.
Well, there's your problem. Stop that.

Old 10-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

How about if ya drink raw milk?
WI judge declares that individuals have no fundamental right to own cows, drink raw milk.

Learn more: WI judge declares that individuals have no fundamental right to own cows, drink raw milk

Old 10-01-2011, 02:23 PM   #27
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
the federal government does not have the constitutional authority to prohibit things which people eat, drink, smoke or inject. Period.
Exactly!!!!

The bureau of Alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives should be a CONVENIENCE STORE and not a Gubmint agency!!!!!!

It makes no sense to me that a person can drink a fifth a whiskey a night and still have a gun but a person cant smoke a damn joint. Whens the last time a person stoned on reefer started a fight...or did ANYTHING for that matter, other than kill a bag of chips and a gallon of ice cream!

OH and reefer is considered a class I narcotic but cocaine is a class II...are you fricken KIDDING me!??! Just proving how messed up our gubmint has it!

Decriminalize, regulate, tax and BE DONE!! That will solve SOOO many social problems!!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-01-2011, 02:33 PM   #28
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Judge Patrick J. Fiedler is an idiot. Hopefully, he'll get voted out next time around.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #29

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I think this was misinterpreted. Which is easy to do in text with no tone of voice behind it. I apologize for misleading.

I spent many years as a toker myself(5 years sober next month). Im not taking aim at someone that can properly function. My using of the leprechaun and elephant was more of an exaggeration. Pretty much saying that you do have people with psychological problems as well as, lets say cancer.

Once again im neither with nor against it. Im torn because I dont think they should just deny people because they smoke marijuana, but just take a deeper look into them before passing judgement.
One of the questions is 'are you an illegal drug user' on the app, right? Well, just because a state says 'we're not going to enforce the federal law on pot' doesn't mean it's still not an illegal substance.
Thus, it's not so much about the pot as the illegal drug.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #30

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
One of the questions is 'are you an illegal drug user' on the app, right?
I am pretty sure that question has been answered untruthfully by many, very often and numerous times.

It is the burden of the law to prove such usage. You know, innocent until proven guilty and such.

What next? Hair, blood and urine testing to buy a gun?

Ain't them personal rights great!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”