ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM   #121
bkt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

BKT, it's not that i don't agree with you, but until they are nullified, it is still illegal to break them. i think they should legalize marijuana, because i don't see any difference between it or alcohol, but alcohol is legal. and just because they legalize marijuana, i'm not going to start smoking it. i very seldom ever drink alcohol. like i'm saying, for the most part i do agree with you, but even if a law is illegal, they will still punish you if you break that law.
We're on the same page. In regard to California, however, the state HAS legalized it. The question should be put before a court whether or not the feds have the authority to trump a state law and on what grounds, particularly given the arguably illegal "war on drugs" at the federal level.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #122

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Has anyone considered that this is actually a politically motivated move by Obama and his followers to distract from the drone strike and other moves by his government?
Possibly a move to step in at the last moment and 'reign in' his DOJ to let things go back to normal, so he looks like a hero just in time for elections, and we're all getting sucked into a smoke and mirrors operation?

Old 10-11-2011, 02:29 PM   #123

Liked 414 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by tellmaster207 View Post
California citizens have made themselves weak. There is a price to be paid for giving up there 2A rights. I don't care If the Feds take them over. They brought it on themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk
alaska,arizona,colorado,california,delaware hawaii,maine michigan,montana,nevada,new jersey,new mexico,oregon,rhode island,vermont,and washington,these states all have medical marajuana laws so are they also weak this is a law for all states with the law.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #124
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." –Thomas Jefferson

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #125

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
*banging head on keyboard*

The 13th amendment bans slavery. It is part of the constitution and thus is the supreme law of the land. No, states do not have a say in this.

The ATF is a tax collection agency and is an arm of the Department of Justice. Show us all where in the constitution the ATF may exist and where the federal government has the legal authority to ban any drugs?

Finally, go re-read the 10th amendment and explain to us why the feds would have jurisdiction in a state matter that isn't covered by the constitution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

all i can say is call the DEA up and tell them you are going to start farming marijuana and they have jurisdiction over you. when you hang up, call the BATF and tell them you are going to modify any weapon you want to to fully auto and the have jurisdiction over you either. when they show up, you explain to them, that they can't arrest you, as it's unconstitutionable. when you get your one phone call, tell us how it worked out!
"......that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force....."
-Thomas Jefferson,Kentucky Resolutions of 1798

(Thanks to KalashnikovJosh for finding that quote and placing it in his signature line!)

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #126
fmj

John Velleco -- The Obama administration is at it again

Old 10-11-2011, 07:32 PM   #127
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

So my question to a few people here is this: should those who use pot (for whatever reason) be lawfully, reasonably banned from owning firearms because the ATF and DoJ say so?

Old 10-11-2011, 07:40 PM   #128

Of course not. But that is currently the law.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:42 PM   #129
fmj

Quote:
So my question to a few people here is this: should those who use pot (for whatever reason) be lawfully, reasonably banned from owning firearms because the ATF and DoJ say so?
Not only no but HELL NO!!! Owning firearms is a basic human personal RIGHT. The ban (war on drugs) on pot is an unlawful overreach of Federal authority in more than one way!

Old 10-11-2011, 07:43 PM   #130
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
I would say NO, they SHOULD not be banned.

Though i can't deny there are currently some government agencies that don't agree with me on that.

Afterall, what better safety colors are there than tiedye?

If the feds are gonna "over-reach", is a reach-around out of the question at least?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.