ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF says no sales to medical marijuana users

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

It's a slippery slope. Yeah, I know. Generic but true in this case. I value my privacy and rights.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #112

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default Pot & ATF Gun Prohibition

Like Evil Kneival once said, When you are a champion, you can stay high on your own adrenalin, you don't need pills or weed .

If you live in Texas, own guns, have your mind in the right place regarding
a subject we are barred from discussing here, haha, you are a Champion !

NRA Lifer Since 1968
Former USMC
Former Texas NG

Old 10-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #113

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuate View Post
Like Evil Kneival once said, When you are a champion, you can stay high on your own adrenalin, you don't need pills or weed .

If you live in Texas, own guns, have your mind in the right place regarding
a subject we are barred from discussing here, haha, you are a Champion !
Ah men brother! Oh, and you don't need adrenalin if you have Tigers Blood!

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #114

Question Why just marijuana?

It would seem if someone has a legal prescription for marijuana, and the state permits it, this shouldn't have anything to do with what else you are permitted to do.. i.e. obtain a CCW permit.

Now, if there is a problem with prescribed marijuana users and handguns, the first thing would be to make the data public, and examine the root cause of the problem. Maybe the problem is not genuinely prescribed marijuana users and CCWs, but people who should not have been prescribed in the first place. if this is the case then we need to crack down on the MDs prescribing it. Clearly until the facts are known, this seems to be a very arbitrary decision.

Additionally, there are many other prescribed medications, that if abused will not be healthy when coupled with a handgun. Which of these will be next if we start with the slippery slope of marijuana?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #115
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22000 Times on 12404 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad11 View Post
It would seem if someone has a legal prescription for marijuana, and the state permits it, this shouldn't have anything to do with what else you are permitted to do.. i.e. obtain a CCW permit.

Now, if there is a problem with prescribed marijuana users and handguns, the first thing would be to make the data public, and examine the root cause of the problem. Maybe the problem is not genuinely prescribed marijuana users and CCWs, but people who should not have been prescribed in the first place. if this is the case then we need to crack down on the MDs prescribing it. Clearly until the facts are known, this seems to be a very arbitrary decision.

Additionally, there are many other prescribed medications, that if abused will not be healthy when coupled with a handgun. Which of these will be next if we start with the slippery slope of marijuana?
marijuana is a controlled substance. mandated by the federal government. firearms come under the BATF. BATF is a federal agency. see the picture! doctors don't prescribe marijuana, they recommend it. some states allow it for medical purposes, still doesn't make it legal, they just turn a blind eye. a state can't disregard federal law, if they could, wouldn't slavery still be legal?

Old 10-11-2011, 11:26 AM   #116
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad11 View Post

I know someone in northern CA who grows pot to supply to folks with a medical sign-off. He told me anyone can get the prescription from a doctor...a polite request and a $50 bill usually does the trick.

This doesn't bother the CA government too much because a) those people will use pot anyway and at least this way they're working within the letter of the law, and b) it means more tax revenue for a cash-starved state.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:28 AM   #117
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
marijuana is a controlled substance. mandated by the federal government. firearms come under the BATF. BATF is a federal agency. see the picture! doctors don't prescribe marijuana, they recommend it. some states allow it for medical purposes, still doesn't make it legal, they just turn a blind eye. a state can't disregard federal law, if they could, wouldn't slavery still be legal?
*banging head on keyboard*

The 13th amendment bans slavery. It is part of the constitution and thus is the supreme law of the land. No, states do not have a say in this.

The ATF is a tax collection agency and is an arm of the Department of Justice. Show us all where in the constitution the ATF may exist and where the federal government has the legal authority to ban any drugs?

Finally, go re-read the 10th amendment and explain to us why the feds would have jurisdiction in a state matter that isn't covered by the constitution.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #118

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
*banging head on keyboard*

The 13th amendment bans slavery. It is part of the constitution and thus is the supreme law of the land. No, states do not have a say in this.

The ATF is a tax collection agency and is an arm of the Department of Justice. Show us all where in the constitution the ATF may exist and where the federal government has the legal authority to ban any drugs?

Finally, go re-read the 10th amendment and explain to us why the feds would have jurisdiction in a state matter that isn't covered by the constitution.
all i can say is call the DEA up and tell them you are going to start farming marijuana and they have jurisdiction over you. when you hang up, call the BATF and tell them you are going to modify any weapon you want to to fully auto and the have jurisdiction over you either. when they show up, you explain to them, that they can't arrest you, as it's unconstitutionable. when you get your one phone call, tell us how it worked out!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:25 PM   #119
bkt

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

all i can say is call the DEA up and tell them you are going to start farming marijuana and they have jurisdiction over you. when you hang up, call the BATF and tell them you are going to modify any weapon you want to to fully auto and the have jurisdiction over you either. when they show up, you explain to them, that they can't arrest you, as it's unconstitutionable. when you get your one phone call, tell us how it worked out!
Yeah, whatever. As long as folks blindly tolerate illegal laws, we will continue to have illegal laws. There are ways to work to get those laws nullified if enough folks are willing to read, learn, and work toward that goal.

Old 10-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #120

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Yeah, whatever. As long as folks blindly tolerate illegal laws, we will continue to have illegal laws. There are ways to work to get those laws nullified if enough folks are willing to read, learn, and work toward that goal.
BKT, it's not that i don't agree with you, but until they are nullified, it is still illegal to break them. i think they should legalize marijuana, because i don't see any difference between it or alcohol, but alcohol is legal. and just because they legalize marijuana, i'm not going to start smoking it. i very seldom ever drink alcohol. like i'm saying, for the most part i do agree with you, but even if a law is illegal, they will still punish you if you break that law.