ATF and "No Sporting Purpose" - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF and "No Sporting Purpose"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

This is another assault on 2A and I'm not only angry, I'm frustrated because I can't get any results from my representatives, since they are super left wingers.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 01-23-2011, 11:10 AM   #22

all of these "restrictions" are BS and i wonder when the people of this country will stand up and tell them liberial PUKES to go straight to hell, since when do law abiding people comit crimes that cause these restrictions? the 2nd amendment was put in place as a peoples "LAST DEFENSE AGAINST A TIRANICAL GOVERNMENT" (as stated in the federalist papers) and also that state malitias were to be state funded and trained. one of my faveriot quotes (although it is debated as to if hitler ever made it)" For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future!"
REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE!!!!! the first step that MUST be taken before a people are inslaved or a country is taken over is to disarm its people!!! I say if you are law abiding and can own a gun you should be able to buy any weapon you wish to have, I know if the crap hits the fan here I dont want to defend my house with a hunting rifle when the "LIBERIALY" controled government comes to take my weapons from me!!!!! I say if you play by the rules live by the golden rule and treat others with respect you should have every right to own a damn street sweeper if you wish or any military grade weapon!!!
and Obama well you go straight to hell!!!

Old 01-23-2011, 04:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINUTEMAN View Post
all of these "restrictions" are BS and i wonder when the people of this country will stand up and tell them liberial PUKES to go straight to hell, since when do law abiding people comit crimes that cause these restrictions? the 2nd amendment was put in place as a peoples "LAST DEFENSE AGAINST A TIRANICAL GOVERNMENT" (as stated in the federalist papers) and also that state malitias were to be state funded and trained. one of my faveriot quotes (although it is debated as to if hitler ever made it)" For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and the world will follow our lead to the future!"
REMEMBER THIS PEOPLE!!!!! the first step that MUST be taken before a people are inslaved or a country is taken over is to disarm its people!!! I say if you are law abiding and can own a gun you should be able to buy any weapon you wish to have, I know if the crap hits the fan here I dont want to defend my house with a hunting rifle when the "LIBERIALY" controled government comes to take my weapons from me!!!!! I say if you play by the rules live by the golden rule and treat others with respect you should have every right to own a damn street sweeper if you wish or any military grade weapon!!!
and Obama well you go straight to hell!!!
Unfortunately, due to your multiple spelling and grammar mistakes, someone who thinks "liberially" will totally disregard your argument, as they would be unsure of what a TIRANICAL government is.

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #24
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Spelling and grammar Nazis are not needed here. Pretty much everyone here butchers something they're trying to say by accident from time to time.

My nephew has a 148 IQ and suffers from dyslexia and can't spell worth a damn as a result. I'm inclined to cut everyone some slack. Maybe you should consider doing the same.

As it turns out, there isn't anything I disagree with what MINUTEMAN said.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:52 PM   #25

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Baby steps. My blood pressure goes up every time I hear about something like this. take things slowly and no one notices, at least that's what they think.
Like a frog in a pot...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-23-2011, 07:57 PM   #26

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
I would like to know where exactly in the 2nd Amendment does it say anything about firearms must have a "Sporting purpose" ?
Must be hiding in one of those unwritten Constitutional penumbras...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 01-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Now, now, you and I both know that the gun control folks really and truly only have our best interests at heart! It is blatantly obvious that we are a bunch of dumbarses that don't know any better and that we need to be protected from ourselves! THANK GOD they are here to make our streets a safer place! If it wasn't for unconstitutional gun laws I might actually walk around with a GUN on my belt! Maybe even...Gasp!!!... more than one! That would, without a doubt, make the world a scary place!! Unsafe for anyone to be outdoors! I, for one, am eternally grateful that our government has decided that the people they represent are too dumb to know right from wrong, and have passed ILLEGAL laws to ensure our safety.....

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-24-2011, 07:55 AM   #28

corrinavatan, I did not know this was a spelling class, sure I could have taken more time and made sure my grammar and spelling were correct but I really didn't care. what I did care about was getting my point across, I believe I did that further more I dare say a good majority of the men and women that paid for the freedoms we enjoy did not spell very well either, I will admit that I got past university by using spell check and how I managed to own, operate and sell off 3 companies with my meager grasp on correct spelling is beyond me but I did it. and if you feel that I should not have received my 3 degrees because my spelling could be better well then sir please follow the advice I offer to Obama in my above post and go straight to hell. I will tell you sir that I come from a poor to middle class blue collar family, (you know the same seed as those that founded and fought for our country) the SALT OF THE EARTH, I grew up in the north woods of Michigan, I learned how to not just live but strive off the land at an early age, so if it makes you feel powerful or "better" than me to scrutinize my grammar and spelling I honestly PITY YOU! remember this, if and when the time comes we are forced to exist "off the grid" you will not be welcome to share the bounty the land will provide me, lets see if your spelling will feed or defend your family. this forum was set up to keep honest gun owning Americans "IN THE LOOP" to bring us together and keep us informed, Not to nit pick our comrades.
Your true blue, gun toting, Republican voting, redneck country boy.
MINUTEMAN

Last edited by MINUTEMAN; 01-24-2011 at 07:58 AM.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 AM   #29

Default Minuteman

and keep us informed, Not to nit pick our comrades.

You capitalized NOT. Just thought I'd point out that mistake and that I agree with both statements. However, I live a little further west into Missouri and I am considered to be one of the aforementioned redneck, gun toting country boys. I'll let it slide this time.

NRA Member
Sustaining Member Southern Poverty Law Center
"Lighten Up Francis"
Semper gero sub gero

Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINUTEMAN View Post
corrinavatan, I did not know this was a spelling class, sure I could have taken more time and made sure my grammar and spelling were correct but I really didn't care. what I did care about was getting my point across, I believe I did that further more I dare say a good majority of the men and women that paid for the freedoms we enjoy did not spell very well either, I will admit that I got past university by using spell check and how I managed to own, operate and sell off 3 companies with my meager grasp on correct spelling is beyond me but I did it. and if you feel that I should not have received my 3 degrees because my spelling could be better well then sir please follow the advice I offer to Obama in my above post and go straight to hell. I will tell you sir that I come from a poor to middle class blue collar family, (you know the same seed as those that founded and fought for our country) the SALT OF THE EARTH, I grew up in the north woods of Michigan, I learned how to not just live but strive off the land at an early age, so if it makes you feel powerful or "better" than me to scrutinize my grammar and spelling I honestly PITY YOU! remember this, if and when the time comes we are forced to exist "off the grid" you will not be welcome to share the bounty the land will provide me, lets see if your spelling will feed or defend your family. this forum was set up to keep honest gun owning Americans "IN THE LOOP" to bring us together and keep us informed, Not to nit pick our comrades.
MINUTEMAN
Minuteman, my post was intended to make fun of the fact that the "liberals" that are mentioned so often an these forums simply ignore any rational argument, looking for little things that are wrong with the bearer of the message and applying that to the message itself.

However, another point I'm making, which I will make clear (unlike my last post):

While you might not care about what people think of your grammar/spelling, you do an injustice to yourself and your own arguments; people WILL judge you on it, and even the best ideas are going to be passed over or dismissed off-hand if not presented well.

There are two types of idiocy: Believing everything one is told without question, and never listening to what others have to say.