ATF Gone Wild
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ATF Gone Wild

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Exclamation ATF Gone Wild

ATF to Require Multiple Sales Reports for Long Guns | NSSF Blog

I'm surprised that this isn't getting more attention.

Exercising my right to keep and arm bears

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

....Cory's actual response can not be posted because it may provide fuel for the government "observers" who surely watch this site... So, in lieu i will post this.

Even though this seems like a minor issue to some because "why would anyone need to buy more than 1 gun in 5 days?" it is simply one more step towards taking our guns....

... From my cold dead hands.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:53 PM   #3

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

we all know that the drive by on those damn squirrels is coming. THe terrorist will be invading with an army of 10-22's and it needs stopped!

It's just one more in a plethora of baby steps to wring gun rights from our greedy ungrateful little fingers. WE need to be saved from ourselves. WE just are not smart enough to understand what is good for us. And we all know we can trust the gubmint to take care of us.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-19-2010, 12:18 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

i dont understand the big deal. they ALREADY know what guns you buy when you fill out the federal transfer papers. to get a list all they gotta do is say "ok all ffl turn in your forms" they also prolly aready record who has what when the call goes out for a go/nogo background check.

im not defending it i just dont understand why people are getting worked up over something they already record.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-19-2010, 12:23 AM   #5

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

The big deal is while we try to get them out of our lives more they are worming themselves in deeper. If this isn't a bug deal them mazybe it isn't when they try to tell you that you don't need more than one or two guns.."Sorry sir..you own enough so just go on home."

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 12-19-2010, 01:55 AM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

they cant currently do it. but it wont be long until the libs ban all civil rights not just guns. they already ban smoking eating drinking drugs free speech etc. they force you to wear seatbelts and tell you to submit to searches wihout warrant when traveling. the list goes on. if we only get upset by a list of purchases they will let you focus on that as they erode every other freedom one at a time.

magic shrooms and pot grow wild and just having some in your yard and its prison time. try smoking in public see what happens. i just think our priorities are out of wack. i dont care if they keep a list of things they already have access to.

the fact they already have that list is what concerns me.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #7

Liked 1154 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i dont understand the big deal. they ALREADY know what guns you buy when you fill out the federal transfer papers. to get a list all they gotta do is say "ok all ffl turn in your forms" they also prolly aready record who has what when the call goes out for a go/nogo background check.

im not defending it i just dont understand why people are getting worked up over something they already record.
Interesting point. Especially if they require a digital 4473 to be filled out. They could simply demand all FFL's to submit all their 4473's and if they were digital, import them into a database with ease. They could then do a simple query, filtered on people who have bought more than X guns in Y time and come knocking on your door. While they are not allowed to maintain the records from the required instant background check, this would be an easy run around on that and a reliable one.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #8
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
While they are not allowed to maintain the records from the required instant background check, this would be an easy run around on that and a reliable one.
they are also not allowed to record the nudie pics they take of people in their new unconstitutional body scanners either but they do and the images turn up from time to time on the interweb... i put zero faith in a govt that lists murderers like ted kennedy and child molesters like barnie frank as honored members.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:16 AM   #9

Liked 1154 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 363

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
they are also not allowed to record the nudie pics they take of people in their new unconstitutional body scanners either but they do and the images turn up from time to time on the interweb... i put zero faith in a govt that lists murderers like ted kennedy and child molesters like barnie frank as honored members.
The problem with maintaining an ongoing record of all the background checks is that the system to do so would be very large and require maintenance and ongoing checks and a decent size operation to do so. Database management is my day job, it would be really difficult to maintain those records without being obvious about it.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 12-19-2010, 02:53 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
The problem with maintaining an ongoing record of all the background checks is that the system to do so would be very large and require maintenance and ongoing checks and a decent size operation to do so. Database management is my day job, it would be really difficult to maintain those records without being obvious about it.
oh im not saying they are actively doing it now i just dont put it past those scum to start it up whenever they feel froggy without advertising it.