Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   ATF Gone Wild (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/atf-gone-wild-35752/)

Yarddawg 12-18-2010 02:10 PM

ATF Gone Wild

ATF to Require Multiple Sales Reports for Long Guns | NSSF Blog

I'm surprised that this isn't getting more attention.

Cory2 12-18-2010 10:08 PM

....Cory's actual response can not be posted because it may provide fuel for the government "observers" who surely watch this site... So, in lieu i will post this.

Even though this seems like a minor issue to some because "why would anyone need to buy more than 1 gun in 5 days?" it is simply one more step towards taking our guns....

... From my cold dead hands.

DrumJunkie 12-18-2010 11:53 PM

we all know that the drive by on those damn squirrels is coming. THe terrorist will be invading with an army of 10-22's and it needs stopped!:eek::rolleyes:

It's just one more in a plethora of baby steps to wring gun rights from our greedy ungrateful little fingers. WE need to be saved from ourselves. WE just are not smart enough to understand what is good for us. And we all know we can trust the gubmint to take care of us.:rolleyes:

JonM 12-19-2010 12:18 AM

i dont understand the big deal. they ALREADY know what guns you buy when you fill out the federal transfer papers. to get a list all they gotta do is say "ok all ffl turn in your forms" they also prolly aready record who has what when the call goes out for a go/nogo background check.

im not defending it i just dont understand why people are getting worked up over something they already record.

DrumJunkie 12-19-2010 12:23 AM

The big deal is while we try to get them out of our lives more they are worming themselves in deeper. If this isn't a bug deal them mazybe it isn't when they try to tell you that you don't need more than one or two guns.."Sorry sir..you own enough so just go on home."

JonM 12-19-2010 01:55 AM

they cant currently do it. but it wont be long until the libs ban all civil rights not just guns. they already ban smoking eating drinking drugs free speech etc. they force you to wear seatbelts and tell you to submit to searches wihout warrant when traveling. the list goes on. if we only get upset by a list of purchases they will let you focus on that as they erode every other freedom one at a time.

magic shrooms and pot grow wild and just having some in your yard and its prison time. try smoking in public see what happens. i just think our priorities are out of wack. i dont care if they keep a list of things they already have access to.

the fact they already have that list is what concerns me.

Yunus 12-19-2010 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 405555)
i dont understand the big deal. they ALREADY know what guns you buy when you fill out the federal transfer papers. to get a list all they gotta do is say "ok all ffl turn in your forms" they also prolly aready record who has what when the call goes out for a go/nogo background check.

im not defending it i just dont understand why people are getting worked up over something they already record.

Interesting point. Especially if they require a digital 4473 to be filled out. They could simply demand all FFL's to submit all their 4473's and if they were digital, import them into a database with ease. They could then do a simple query, filtered on people who have bought more than X guns in Y time and come knocking on your door. While they are not allowed to maintain the records from the required instant background check, this would be an easy run around on that and a reliable one.

JonM 12-19-2010 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 405595)
While they are not allowed to maintain the records from the required instant background check, this would be an easy run around on that and a reliable one.

they are also not allowed to record the nudie pics they take of people in their new unconstitutional body scanners either but they do and the images turn up from time to time on the interweb... i put zero faith in a govt that lists murderers like ted kennedy and child molesters like barnie frank as honored members.

Yunus 12-19-2010 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 405603)
they are also not allowed to record the nudie pics they take of people in their new unconstitutional body scanners either but they do and the images turn up from time to time on the interweb... i put zero faith in a govt that lists murderers like ted kennedy and child molesters like barnie frank as honored members.

The problem with maintaining an ongoing record of all the background checks is that the system to do so would be very large and require maintenance and ongoing checks and a decent size operation to do so. Database management is my day job, it would be really difficult to maintain those records without being obvious about it.

JonM 12-19-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yunus (Post 405607)
The problem with maintaining an ongoing record of all the background checks is that the system to do so would be very large and require maintenance and ongoing checks and a decent size operation to do so. Database management is my day job, it would be really difficult to maintain those records without being obvious about it.

oh im not saying they are actively doing it now i just dont put it past those scum to start it up whenever they feel froggy without advertising it.