Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire Update

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire Update

Hi,

It's been a while since we were on the board so we thought we should update you all on the film, how it's been received and how you can see it. We would also like to thank all of you that help make this film a reality.

Here is our current press release and new trailer:

ASSAULTED: CIVIL RIGHTS UNDER FIRE
HITS 100 MILLION HOMES OCTOBER 1st

The debate over public safety versus gun rights that has taken place on national news programs, and in state and federal legislatures over the past nine months is now heading into living rooms across America. “Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire”, a 79-minute documentary (PG-13) that brings audiences to the center of the controversy over guns in America, is scheduled to be released October 1st on digital platforms, cable and satellite TV, and in DVD at better brick and mortar and online retailers October 15th. The film takes a step back from the normal public discourse that is filled with emotional rhetoric, to offer unique perspectives on the Second Amendment’s significance in American society while taking a critical look at current gun laws and their effect on public safety and civil rights.

Created by two-time Emmy winning producer and writer Kris Koenig (“400 Years of the Telescope,” the upcoming “Fight for Space”) and co-produced by Eric Katzenberg (“Secrets of Navy SEALS,” “American Guns”), the film is narrated by critically acclaimed rapper and actor Ice-T (“Law and Order: SVU”).

With the original intent of empowering a citizenry to defend itself against a corrupt or tyrannical government, the concept behind the Second Amendment may seem farfetched today. “Assaulted” weaves together such narrative threads as the post-World War II Battle of Athens and the Deacons for Defense of the Civil Rights Movement with more recent events, including the abandonment of Koreatown during the Rodney King Riots and the heavy-handed action taken by public officials during the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, to show that tyranny comes in many forms.

With the purpose of igniting a meaningful gun control conversation, as opposed to adding to the existing rhetoric, “Assaulted” sought out constitutional historians, lawyers, law enforcement, educators, anti-violence leaders, gun rights activists and gun owners to lend their voices to the film. The result is more than 30 interviews from advocates on both sides of the argument.

What the critics think about “ASSAULTED ”

“‘Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire’ is a reasoned counter to Michael Moore's ‘Bowling for Columbine’ and, as such, a constructive addition to the current national firearms debate.” – Los Angeles Times

“‘Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire’ comes across as too thoughtful and well researched – in short, too reasonable — to be easily dismissed as mere agitprop.” – Variety

“[The film’s] real purpose is to bring some historical perspective to the argument, to move the conversation beyond emotion-based rhetoric.” – LA Weekly

“…along the way, the film provides some interesting food for thought that elevates the discussion.”

“Assaulted isn't a one-sided documentary popped out of the Michael Moore mold. The film talks to a variety of sources, from fervent gun rights activist Ted Nugent to Dan Gross, the President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence.” – Breitbart

“Testifies to the vital importance of gun ownership” - Hollywood Reporter

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5309 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 10142

Amazon has it from $13-$22. Do you have an authorized retailer?

No offense and none taken

Old 10-21-2013, 10:57 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Amazon (the company) should be retailing it at $16.95. You can also download it from AmazonPrime and iTunes.

You can also get the DVD from www.AssaultedFilm.com

Thanks,

Kris

Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5309 Times on 2915 Posts
Likes Given: 10142

Dang pirates
I do have Amazon Prime. Thanks.

No offense and none taken

Old 10-22-2013, 12:27 AM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1033 Times on 667 Posts
Likes Given: 5314

Just ordered my copy. A friend of mine sent me an e-mail telling me to check it out, and I bumped into this thread. Sounds like an eye opener to me.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

Just purchased through iTunes, I look forward to watching it. Have you produced anything else Dead Patriot? Just curious.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 904 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 1254

Good flick. Definitely worth watching.

Old 10-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #8
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1287 Times on 762 Posts
Likes Given: 3195

I do not buy anything over the internet. Do you take checks or money orders??

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur
AIKIJUTSU Likes This 
Old 10-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 20 Posts

Worth my money!!! Spot on.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 904 Times on 540 Posts
Likes Given: 1254

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
I do not buy anything over the internet. Do you take checks or money orders??
Amen. I religiously avoided putting my numbers on the internet for years, and then this year I let my stepson talk me into using an online service to do a will. I had to supply my SS number. Within days I found that my identity had been stolen when the perp tried to add 3 phone numbers to my Verizon account, using my name and SS number. I signed up for an identity protection service and have to watch my credit info like a hawk.