Assault Weapons Ban Upheld in D.C. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault Weapons Ban Upheld in D.C.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1663 Times on 991 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
I think you guys are confused RP = Ron Paul or Rick Perry
Rick Perry is the one I was speaking of. I might have thought of that last night when I was posting, but I was deep into oxycodone after surgery.

This morning I did see the confusion. Thanks

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #32

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
The United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia last week persuasively ruled that the Constitution allows the District to ban possession of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines of bullets and to require citizens to meet sensible standards for registering guns.

Scalias "Heller" viewpoint of "reasonable regulation" in practice........
"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Old 10-19-2011, 08:22 PM   #33

Default Remember US v. Miller?

That court ruled against Miller because it thought a sawed-off shotgun was not a military-type firearm. The implication of that decision is ownership of a military-type firearm is protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Should that current ban on assault weapons get to to the SCOTUS, it'll be a stretch IMHO for them to allow the ban in light of Miller.

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, so if someone else has posted the same opinion as I just did, I apologize for the duplication.

Mark Twain