Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault Weapons Ban Upheld in D.C.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1101 Times on 676 Posts
Likes Given: 2387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Sorry about RP, cause he sure as hell ain't getting the Republican nomination, unless Romney politically explodes. (not likely)

The man can't go a week without a "self-inflicted wound". I somehow don't think he is all that bright. Besides, who wants another Texas governor?
What the hell kind of self-inflicted wound are you referring to? The man has been solid on his political views since the day he stepped foot into politics! Unlike Romney and Co. who cant decide if they want to make you force upon you a vaccine or an entire medical system...

He isn't, nor has he ever been, a Governor...

Quote:
The Republicans best chance to take the Whitehouse is Romney. Like him or hate him, he is the only shot. If someone like RP or Palin or a combo of the two. (She is still running for VP) The progressives will come out of the woodwork to defeat them, and the folks in the middle will either vote for Obama, or just stay home. Better to give them a candidate that does not "inspire" the progressives; or it will be 4 more years.
I find more liberals that subscribe to his believes that republicans to be totally honest with you. Be damned what the republicans or democrats think! I want a president that isn't worried about what "that party wants" but rather a president that wants what the FOUNDING FATHERS wanted! For gods sake people, he is the only candidate that runs on principles dictated directly in the Constitution, composed by the Founding Fathers, for the people, of the people!

He may not get elected, and in fact he probably wont get elected, but I have to say, for the survival of this country, its RP or bust! Mark my words...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-12-2011, 12:47 AM   #22

Liked 983 Times on 633 Posts
Likes Given: 244

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
What the hell kind of self-inflicted wound are you referring to? The man has been solid on his political views since the day he stepped foot into politics! Unlike Romney and Co. who cant decide if they want to make you force upon you a vaccine or an entire medical system...

He isn't, nor has he ever been, a Governor...

I find more liberals that subscribe to his believes that republicans to be totally honest with you. Be damned what the republicans or democrats think! I want a president that isn't worried about what "that party wants" but rather a president that wants what the FOUNDING FATHERS wanted! For gods sake people, he is the only candidate that runs on principles dictated directly in the Constitution, composed by the Founding Fathers, for the people, of the people!

He may not get elected, and in fact he probably wont get elected, but I have to say, for the survival of this country, its RP or bust! Mark my words...
RP or bust for the country? I don't think so.

I have a lot more faith in the strength of the United States of America than that. We survived Lincoln, Nixon, an Harding. This election is not the "last chance" for America, and thank heavens, Rick Perry is not the only one who can save our nation, or we would be lost. There is not going to be some huge political/social/economic failure that is usually undefined but refered to as the SHTF.

We will change, because stagnant countries wither on the vine. Some of the changes will work out, some will fail, but change is national evolution in action; it is a sign that we are still living, cause only the dead do not change. We swing right, we swing left, and sometimes we pause in the middle. Our strength is in our diversity, with no group having permanant hold on our nation. That is a good thing.

Whether we re-elect Obama, or elect Romney, or who ever else the parties run., we will elect either the Republican or the Democratic nominee, and who ever is elected, we will survive them, and with a little luck we will thrive with them.[/I]. The economic mess that we are in right now will pass. (these thing happen as regular as clockwork) The two Ugly wars will end, and folks will go back to work, it is going to take us some time to dig out of this mini-depression, but we will. In a couple or five or ten years we will figure out how to return to prosperity, because, as Americans, that is who we are.

If you study history, you will realize that bad times happen, always have, always will. America has survived much worse situations than we are in now. (the civil war comes to mind) As Churchill said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 10-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #23

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have to wonder if they'd of had the internet back during Lincoln if the SHTF talk would have been 'it's all puffery. It's simply not going to happen'.
Rather than voting for the lesser of two evils, I'll exercise my right in Ga to write in a candidate that I feel is worth a damn.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 AM   #24
fmj

Liked 748 Times on 432 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
We survived Lincoln
Did we!?!?

I contend the mess we're can be traced to his doorstep! The complete destruction of states rights and the rise of the all powerful Central Kingdom!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 AM   #25

Quote:

I have a lot more faith in the strength of the United States of America than that. We survived Lincoln, Nixon, an Harding. This election is not the "last chance" for America, and thank heavens, Rick Perry is not the only one who can save our nation, or we would be lost. There is not going to be some huge political/social/economic failure that is usually undefined but refered to as the SHTF.

We will change, because stagnant countries wither on the vine. Some of the changes will work out, some will fail, but change is national evolution in action; it is a sign that we are still living, cause only the dead do not change. We swing right, we swing left, and sometimes we pause in the middle. Our strength is in our diversity, with no group having permanant hold on our nation. That is a good thing.

Whether we re-elect Obama, or elect Romney, or who ever else the parties run., we will elect either the Republican or the Democratic nominee, and who ever is elected, we will survive them, and with a little luck we will thrive with them.[/I]. The economic mess that we are in right now will pass. (these thing happen as regular as clockwork) The two Ugly wars will end, and folks will go back to work, it is going to take us some time to dig out of this mini-depression, but we will. In a couple or five or ten years we will figure out how to return to prosperity, because, as Americans, that is who we are.

If you study history, you will realize that bad times happen, always have, always will. America has survived much worse situations than we are in now. (the civil war comes to mind) As Churchill said, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
We have endured a lot in this country, so did Rome, no one can deny that. We have endured many strikes at this country, so did Rome, but we have never had the foundation of this country struck at in such a way as it is today. Reading through the multiple threads running right now its blatantly obvious that the issues we find today (in regard to Constitutional powers of the Federal Government and others) are a result of MANY years of erosion and attacks. However, RP is the only candidate willing to treat the cause and not the symptoms.

Every great empire has come to an end. Sadly the same can be said for America (eventually). My point is that (IMHO) if RP isn't elected, our time to "fall from grace" wont be long in coming. Its not even as if one man could, even as president, reverse the damage that has been done. I could only hope that, if elected, he could raise awareness of whats so damned wrong with this once great nation and invoke a real change in the country to bring us back to our foundation. At the very least, he would prevent the further progress of degradation to the Constitution and everything that encompasses.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 10-12-2011, 04:24 AM   #26

Liked 25 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119

We have endured a lot in this country, so did Rome, no one can deny that. We have endured many strikes at this country, so did Rome, but we have never had the foundation of this country struck at in such a way as it is today. Reading through the multiple threads running right now its blatantly obvious that the issues we find today (in regard to Constitutional powers of the Federal Government and others) are a result of MANY years of erosion and attacks. However, RP is the only candidate willing to treat the cause and not the symptoms.

Every great empire has come to an end. Sadly the same can be said for America (eventually). My point is that (IMHO) if RP isn't elected, our time to "fall from grace" wont be long in coming. Its not even as if one man could, even as president, reverse the damage that has been done. I could only hope that, if elected, he could raise awareness of whats so damned wrong with this once great nation and invoke a real change in the country to bring us back to our foundation. At the very least, he would prevent the further progress of degradation to the Constitution and everything that encompasses.
Sadly sir, you speak the truth... And it worries my very being to the core... It's gonna get real scary, especially in the cities...

Old 10-12-2011, 04:52 AM   #27

Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:

I think you guys are confused RP = Ron Paul or Rick Perry

Be careful who's toes you step on today....'cause they could be connected to the a** you need to kiss tomorrow.

Old 10-12-2011, 11:50 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemccarthy707 View Post
I think you guys are confused RP = Ron Paul or Rick Perry
Perhaps, I was referring to Ron Paul, but I "think" that was what everyone got from the abbreviation. Could be wrong...

---Ron Paul

---Tom Braun

Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

How many crimes were committed in DC with "assault weapons"? This ban won't stop any crime.

Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 528 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanbybirth View Post
How many crimes were committed in DC with "assault weapons"? This ban won't stop any crime.
By the police or citizens?

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson