Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapons ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 02:41 AM   #81
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9884

If you have a Facebook page then check this out http://www.facebook.com/2ndAmendmentSupporters

There is a petition to Congress going around to

Old 12-21-2012, 03:25 AM   #82
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

There was a doctor from SF General saying how gunshot victims come into the ER there and sometimes he "can't save them" because of the type of bullet that was used. WTF?
It really comes to shot placement. If something hits vitals, wether it's a rock or a fmj bullet, it's gonna hurt.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #83

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Gun control is always local. The most severe gun laws are city, county, and state. We have states with little or no fire arms laws and states like Nazi Germany.
The laws of each state reflects the ideals of the people who live in those states. The Liberal states have lower NRA membership and choose local laws to suppress firearms ownership. These states and there representives in Washington try to force their laws on all Americans.
"The ideals of the people who live in those states". Not saying you're wrong, but the libtards in NY who'd support deusch (I mean Cuomo) have no ideals. They're ignorant lemmings, not entirely their fault, they were born and raised in a place that's utterly anti-gun and anti-reason. I should know, born and raised in Queens, and trust me, unless you're lucky enough to have parents that know better or you somehow choose to actively seek the truth you're doomed to a life of ignorance. A high profile example of what I'm talking about is Bill Oreilly; pretty smart guy, has a mega-hit primetime show, wrote a couple of best sellers, yet he was referring to AR's as "heavy stuff" and calling them AK-15's". These people live in a liberal bubble, a lot of the uber libtards have barely ever left the isle of Manhatten. They have no clue what the rest of the country's like. That's why they refer to it as "fly over country". They don't know and they don't wanna know. They're happy to live on fantasy island (Manhatten), collect our tax dollars, and support the libtard media however they can to keep the gravy train running.... Point is: the Second Ammendment is there for a reason, it is not subject to ignorance! Ignorance cannot be allowed to subvert it, anywhere! There are pleanty of patriotic, freedom loving, responsible gun owning Americans everywhere! Please stop writing off places like NY, NJ, CA, IL... just because the majority of people here are retarded doesn't mean we deserve what we get, so to say. I (we) get just as pissed off about fed/local gun restrictions anywhere! in the country as you do! I wish I was born and raised in Arizona, or Wyoming, or Alaska, but I wasn't. Unfortunately I'm from Queens, like I said, great place, awsome food lol, but mostly ignorant. I and many others are not ignorant. I went to the same high school as Cuomo, Archbishop Molloy, and our brothers (teachers) for reasons I can't quite remember, told us he (Quomo) was a no good as*hole even back then.... We, no matter where we are, are all in this together! Attacks on the 2A here in NY may not seem like a big deal to those of you in TX, but trust me, it's the preverbeal camel putting it's nose under the tent. We're all in this together and I wish we could all do something together and take a stand, in a non-violent kind of way, to show that we mean buisness to our reps. Unfortunately, us gun owners and shooters are seperated by miles, states, and laws which tend to put us all in our own little bubble of complacentcy.... I'm a New Yorker, and I'm an American, and all I want is the same freedom afforded by OUR constitution here in NY as you have in Texas, Wyoming, Georgia, Oklahoma, etc. I know how stupid NY is way better than you do, trust me, but when all of us gun owners move to the Red states on the map leaving the Blue states to rot... what do we have?.......

Old 12-21-2012, 05:14 AM   #84

Liked 4787 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

This is a big nation. You have the right to relocate in any state you choose. Anyone who chooses to live under a system that they can not change and they disagree with may leave.
Resident of other states are being attacked by rabid antigunners elected by the people of NY,NJ,ILL,CONN,MASS, etc. Do you think people in OKL,TXS,ALASKA, WY, etc. feel like you are invading their rights. YES they do.

Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 AM   #85

Liked 460 Times on 267 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Thought y'all would like this

image-2527680973.jpg  
Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #86

Liked 3680 Times on 1756 Posts
Likes Given: 619

We need a law!!!!

We know its not perfect, it's not going to work... We know people will just get around it...
But damnit!!! We need a law!!!!

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

towboater Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 06:18 PM   #87

Liked 200 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog114 View Post
Boycott Dicks ??
Don't tell my wife; a lot of cold showers in my future!!

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 08:04 PM   #88

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Just what is an Assault rifle???
I thought an Assault rifle had to be capable of firing full auto??
Are they calling AR's assault rifle just because of the way they look or being semi auto???
What about the Mini14---Remington 750----Browing semi auto they all can hold mags up to 15-30 rds.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 828 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeypickles
Are they calling AR's assault rifle just because of the way they look or being semi auto???
What about the Mini14---Remington 750----Browing semi auto they all can hold mags up to 15-30 rds.
Exactly!
I am sure there is a thread on this somewhere, but...
In the label "assault rifle", assault is a qualifying adjective, I believe, much like "murder" weapon. As we all know that could include a candlestick (Col. Mustard in the parlor). None of the weapons I own have been used in an offensive action against a fixed position, so I have no "assault" weapons.

Scary, effective, intimidating, concealable, fun, expensive, and cherished are all suitable adjectives for items in my possession.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 12-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #90

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeypickles View Post
You leave the Mini 14 out of this dammit! I love my Mini 14 and I won't tolerate her being slandered in that way. LOL!

I just built my first AR. Literally put the upper on it 2 days ago (Thanks PSA!). We have a couple in town for Christmas and they're staying with us. We got on the subject of the gun thing and not knowing I had a brand new AR in the next room, my buddy says, "I mean, who really needs an AR-15? It's in the name, Assault Rifle 15! What are you going to do? Assault deer with it? It's not a hunting gun, it's an Assault Rifle."

I immediately went on the educational defensive and said, "Actually, AR doesn't stand for Assault Rifle at all. It's an abbreviation for Armalite which is the company that created the AR platform. As far as the 'Who really needs one?' question is concerned, I ask you this: who really needs a V8 Mustang with 600 horsepower? Nobody. It's overkill, but they are still allowed to have them. You start giving up your pie 'a little piece at a time' and eventually, you're left with an empty pie pan. A drunk guy behind the wheel of a fast car is far more dangerous than I am behind an AR-15. But still, roughly 10,000 people die from drunk driving-related accidents in this country every year. Even though drinking and driving is illegal. We don't have a gun problem, we have a people problem."

I got crickets...
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"