Assault weapons ban - Page 21
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapons ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #201
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
This is a really good point, actually. I am personally fairly liberal. I'm fine with gay marriage. In fact, I encourage it as I've had many friends that are gay and I am fine with their choices. I'm fine with Planned Parenthood. Living without health insurance for me and my wife was hard. Planned Parenthood was the only place in the city where she could go for her yearly check-ups and to get her birth control. I offered CASH MONEY UP FRONT to every OB/GYN in town to see my wife and no one would see her. Not even for $100 bills up front. If it weren't for them, she'd never have gotten the medical attention she needed for some health issues she was having. Thank God the liberals kept the conservatives from shutting that one down...
I try not to say I fall on either side of the line. I am in agreement with you that I fall liberal on several issues. Gay marriage, planned parenthood and the like. But I am a NRA member, I love my guns, I think more people need to help themselves rather than rely on welfare and other programs. But I have several friends that fall WAY liberal until you get to the gun issue. They enjoy the sport most would not hunt with me, but if I have an open range day you can bet they will show up and make something go bang. I think it is because we were raised in rural middle america that most of us understand guns.

My friends and I have been a generation raised on the internet. So I believe that we were exposed to a larger more diverse population, that we considered also our peers. IMHO population is our #1 problem. If you look at most problems in America right now it comes down to that. Gay marriage, birth control, and abortion is absolutely fine with me. It is a way for population to be controlled. Also if the right wingers look at it like I did, then those left wingers that exercise their gay marriage, birth control, and abortion then will be raising less left wingers to think like they do. Just saying
Old 01-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #202

Liked 144 Times on 80 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I consider myself Independent thinking. I don't affiliate myself with either party and think the majority in the Senate and House have totally forgotten what they are supposed to be there for.

It really is a horrible mess and I don't see it improving. Too many people do not pay attention and just vote for the same party regardless.

When it comes to gun control it usually is the Democrats that bring it up. However the Republicans have also allowed things to go through that should not have. That's why I believe we need to put pressure on to stop these new bills. You can't rely on Republicans standing up for you if they are not bombarded with phone calls and emails.

I believe that all gun control laws currently in effect are unconstitutional because the constitution forbids infringement. These laws infringe in one way or another so in my opinion without an amendment they should be struck down. Unfortunately the Supreme Court does not see it my way and have allowed far too many controls to stand.

I do believe that some things are reasonable like barring felons and mentally ill. I also accept background checks to prove you are not in one of these groups. Beyond that I do not think there should be ANY restrictions at all.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 AM   #203
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

I am personally a mix as well, what would be considered a libertarian
I believe in gun ownership and the 2nd amendment guaranteeing all citizens the right to be armed the same way as the military
I don't believe in income tax
I believe that drugs should be legal
I believe in gay marriage
I believe in abortion being legal for victims of rape and incest
I believe in the freedom of religion
I believe in an absolute freedom of speech
I believe we need to loosen up the immigration laws
I believe in right to work
I think we need to bring every U.S soldier in the world back home to the U.S
I think we need to cut spending to almost zero
I believe we should cut welfare
I believe that anyone should be allowed to so whatever they want as long as they don't hurt any other person

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
heymatthew Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 AM   #204

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Planned Parenthood was paid $541 Million dollars by the American Tax Payer last year. They operate under a special government tent. I expect many medical servers could extend free care for those bucks. It may not matter to you but Planned Parent Hood is very antigun. The gay rights movement supports Obama ASW Ban.

Old 01-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #205
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Not all liberals are anti-gun. But all anti-gun are liberals.
Not at all true. I know several self professed conservatives who are vehemently anti-gun. They don't tend to vote on that issue AFAIK so perhaps it is a moot point. I also know several pro-2A liberals who also do not vote on the issue, but they would most likely (IMO) turn in their guns "for the greater good".

I think they are all nuts. As for me, I am a libertarian. Not of the Libertarian Party mind you, but more of the political ideology- more or less.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-09-2013, 03:03 AM   #206

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Planned Parenthood was paid $541 Million dollars by the American Tax Payer last year. They operate under a special government tent. I expect many medical servers could extend free care for those bucks. It may not matter to you but Planned Parent Hood is very antigun. The gay rights movement supports Obama ASW Ban.
I know these facts. I also know people that would be in worse situations if planned parenthood didn't exist. I have a gay friend that had faggot carved in his arm by some rednecks just last year. If the medical servers you speak of exist it would be great if they stepped up because around here first question asked is do you have insurance? If not your turned away and directed to planned parenthood. So whether or not their views are against mine they have rights and are necessary in today's times. Gays will be gay if you force them to hide it and make it socially unacceptable it is just going to make it harder on a growing amount of population. We will have more and more young people creating children because their parents never taught them what a real relationship is.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:06 AM   #207
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

If gays want to be married let them, if people don't like it then they don't have to get married to someone of the same sex, I know some gay people who are married and it's no different than a straight couple, except that they are 2 guys,

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-09-2013, 03:18 AM   #208

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullautoUSA View Post
If gays want to be married let them, if people don't like it then they don't have to get married to someone of the same sex, I know some gay people who are married and it's no different than a straight couple, except that they are 2 guys,
I agree let them get married, but as soon as they have to start paying child support and alimony it will taper off. You would think they would take a note from straight people and just shack up. I think it's stupidity on there part cuz they dont know how good they have it. You know howe many men would love to use the excuse "'I'd marry you but it's illegal". LOL
Old 01-09-2013, 03:37 AM   #209
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8320 Times on 4808 Posts
Likes Given: 10786

Getting totally off track here, aren't we folks?

I have no problem with Planned Parenthood getting federal money to provide necessary medical care, but I do have a problem with that money being used to provide abortion as a means of birth control.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 01-09-2013, 03:56 AM   #210

Liked 22 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Here is my view on abortion. Who has abortions? Liberal women. Liberal women raise liberal kids. Liberal kids become liberal adults who vote anti gun politicians in office. Let them kill off future anti gun voters. Think of it as thinning out the herd.