Assault weapons ban - Page 20
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapons ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #191
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The term assault weapon was coined by Sugarman. He was the leading anti-gun Guru for the Brady Campaign. He also coined Saturday Nite Special to get more import laws on handguns.
He was good at getting Americans to use evil words to apply to firearms. He was using the class warfare trick to ban types of rifles. Problem is American gun owners used the term on themselves. It is stupid to worry about AWBs and use the antigun terms of the Left for you defense.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #192
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2039 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
The term originated from the StG 44 Sturmgewehr, or storm (assault) rifle. It had a select fire to combine some of the characteristics of a bolt action infantry rifle with some of the characteristics of a submachine gun. The rifle round had more range than a sub gun, while still being able to lay down suppressive fire, making the best compromise possible between the two.
not only was this originally a German designation, but it was named by none other than Adolph Hitler. It's true, look it up. Talk about your "evil branding"!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:43 PM   #193

Liked 222 Times on 175 Posts
Likes Given: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
not only was this originally a German designation, but it was named by none other than Adolph Hitler. It's true, look it up. Talk about your "evil branding"!
Another fact; he originally didn't think it would be of any use in his campaign. A few prototypes made it to the front and were highly successful, which caused him to change his mind.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #194

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

If they tried a outright ban it would become a war of attrition, how many departments do you know of that want to loss personnel. Either due to personal beliefs of the officers or soldiers, or others personal belief of Malon labe.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #195
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8282 Times on 4787 Posts
Likes Given: 10713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac131911 View Post
If they tried a outright ban it would become a war of attrition, how many departments do you know of that want to loss personnel. Either due to personal beliefs of the officers or soldiers, or others personal belief of Malon labe.
I am inclined to believe that many jurisdictions would tell the Feds to go f*ck themselves. All of the agencies around here are understaffed and could not afford the manpower to do any confiscations.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 01-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #196
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac131911
I don't think they could ever instate an all out ban, not with 100,000,000 angry gun owners

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM   #197

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I don't either but, I have no doubt the liberals will try. Look how many times the bring up Britain and Australia, granted not all guns are banned just the main majority.

Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #198
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2039 Times on 1067 Posts
Likes Given: 392

It seems clear to me that just about everyone on here equates gun control to liberals. I know people who are liberal on some issues - gay marriage for example - that are conservative on other issues, such as defense department budget, tax relief, gun rights. That's the problem we face in this country today IMHO - you pretty much have to choose between left or right and then, when you do, you are stuck with a few to many things you may not want. I think we the people deserve a little better than that

I personally think the NRA would be better off if it was not so closely affiliated with a political party. But to be honest, without that affiliation, we would not have the power base that we do in Washington, DC. So being affiliated with the "right" of course makes the NRA a gigantic target for the "left". That's just how this is played. Many conservatives attack "Planned Parenthood" with the same amount of vigor - where, depending on your point of view, more murders occur annually than in decades of firearms violence -

Old 01-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #199

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter
It seems clear to me that just about everyone on here equates gun control to liberals. I know people who are liberal on some issues - gay marriage for example - that are conservative on other issues, such as defense department budget, tax relief, gun rights. That's the problem we face in this country today IMHO - you pretty much have to choose between left or right and then, when you do, you are stuck with a few to many things you may not want. I think we the people deserve a little better than that

I personally think the NRA would be better off if it was not so closely affiliated with a political party. But to be honest, without that affiliation, we would not have the power base that we do in Washington, DC. So being affiliated with the "right" of course makes the NRA a gigantic target for the "left". That's just how this is played. Many conservatives attack "Planned Parenthood" with the same amount of vigor - where, depending on your point of view, more murders occur annually than in decades of firearms violence -
Not all liberals are anti-gun. But all anti-gun are liberals.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #200

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post

This is a really good point, actually. I am personally fairly liberal. I'm fine with gay marriage. In fact, I encourage it as I've had many friends that are gay and I am fine with their choices. I'm fine with Planned Parenthood. Living without health insurance for me and my wife was hard. Planned Parenthood was the only place in the city where she could go for her yearly check-ups and to get her birth control. I offered CASH MONEY UP FRONT to every OB/GYN in town to see my wife and no one would see her. Not even for $100 bills up front. If it weren't for them, she'd never have gotten the medical attention she needed for some health issues she was having. Thank God the liberals kept the conservatives from shutting that one down...

On the other hand, I like my guns. I like going out to the farm with my family for a day of plinking and camaraderie. If Feinstein and her cronies get their way, my family and I will be using slingshots to knock cans off of fence posts. Not to mention the string of break-ins and home invasions in and around the midlands of SC lately. I want to know that if someone breaks into my home at night that I have the means to defend my wife and my dog, even if it means taking another person's life. The lives of my family are my first priority and I will defend them. Feinstein doesn't consider this. She looks at a handful of murders as compared to the exorbitant amount of guns on the streets (that we know about). I think the murder-per-gun rate is barely enough to amount to a dot on a bar graph. But there is no reasoning with these people. Which is unfortunate.

Our two-party system is extremely antiquated and very dysfunctional. It is actually relatively counterproductive. With no term limits for Congress, you have old ideas being recycled over and over. With the majority being either A or B, you have political gridlock over partisan issues. Neither Republicans or Democrats are for the greater good of ALL people. They are for the greater good of SELECT people. For the Democrats, that statistically has proven to be minorities and the poor; while Republicans tend to represent middle-aged, upper-middle to upper-class white people. Statistically. That doesn't mean that all Republicans are white. I'm speaking from statistics and stereotype. There are exceptions to the rule. But typically, you have one party promising to protect their people from the ideals of the other party, etc. That can never work. We need to remove old, tired ideas. We need to limit the terms of the people making decisions for us. And we need to work to introduce alternatives. AT&T and Verizon are the most expensive mobile carriers in the country. Until Tmobile and Sprint step up to the plate to offer equal or superior service, Big Red and Blue & Orange will charge what they want. Republicans and Democrats have monopolized our political system and have turned it into a pissing contest. It's time we change that. And I say we start by cutting their paychecks. Significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
Not all liberals are anti-gun. But all anti-gun are liberals.
This is another great point and one worth mentioning because a lot of people say, "All the Liberals want to do is take our guns away." Not true. I'm fairly liberal. My wife is very liberal. Neither of us want to take guns away completely. Hell, my wife hates guns, but she's okay with me having them and actually prefers that I keep one handy in case of a home invasion. She understands the need for guns and also understands my love for the sport.

I think by making generalizing statements that ALL Liberals hate guns, gun enthusiasts are only exhibiting ignorance. It's accusatory and childish to assume that every person that is a Liberal wants to see your guns melted down. We have to fight the misleading facts of the anti-gunners with positive reinforcement of the shooting sports. No more pointing fingers. No more assumptions. It's time for a calm, legitimate, face-to-face conversation. Liberal, Republican, Green Party, Black Party, Orange Party, whatever. It's about the greater good of ALL people. Not just a select few that have a strong opinion based around heartfelt sentiments sparked by a tragedy.

I'll get off my soapbox now. Sorry.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"