Assault weapons ban - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapons ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #121
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21581 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

I guess I'm alone here.

like MMG331, you are definately alone with your viewpoint. i am not willing to compromise or sit still.

BTW, do you belong to any pro gun rights organizations, like the NRA or others? if not, then maybe you should, or maybe just go ahead and turn your firearms in.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:56 PM   #122

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
so Matthew, like i posed the question to him, and you are playing devil advocates here, how far are you willing to back up, before you say enough is enough? if you give an inch, they WILL take a mile! is far enough, when all we have are rocks and sticks to defend ourselves with okay with you?

i'm sorry, if what i am saying offends your delicate senses so be it, but if you don't believe in the 2nd admendment and the Constitution, and "Shall Not Be Infringed" as what law abiding gun owners should live by and believe in more concessions and compromise on our parts, and this is what you believe, then IMO, you have no business owning any firearms, and certainly have no business trying to speak for me and others who believe as i do about gun rights.
First off, my senses aren't delicate. I was just simply trying to say what I thought he was trying to say. Now, as I said above:

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not ready to give up anything. I was never military, but I respect what they have done to protect our rights. It sickens me that anyone would try and undo any of the rights we have that so many of our men and women have fought and died for. I will fight tooth and nail to keep my ability to have what is mine and what our military has protected for me, but if it came down to the option of banning some things vs. banning everything, I'm going with the compromise. That's all I was saying.

It's all speculation at this point anyway. Washington is notorious for getting absolutely NOTHING done so I'm guessing that's what will happen here. The Republicans will vote No and the Dems will vote Yes and it will be a standstill just like it always is and nothing will get done. Somebody will get up and filibuster their way to the closing date by reading from the phonebook or the newspaper or old Time magazines or something. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Please understand that I'm on your side here. I'm not willing to give up anything at this point. But if I had the choice of some or all, I'll give some.
I am NOT willing to back up at this point. If it were up to me, I'd take an AWB and shove it straight up Congress' overpaid rear ends. The last thing this country needs is more legislation, more paperwork and more red tape. We certainly don't need the damn government telling us what is safe for us and what is not.

What I was saying (and it is MY opinion, I'm not speaking for you or anyone else) was that if it came down to an outright ban vs. just losing the high capacity magazines, I'll take the lower capacity magazines and keep my guns.

It is my hope, though, that through high voter turnout, petitions and voicing our feelings as gun owners that it won't ever come to that and they'll leave our guns alone. I don't think a handgun is anymore dangerous than a car. It comes down to owner responsibility. My parents taught me that you don't kill people. Therefore, I don't. Apparently, other parents aren't doing their jobs. I'm with you and everyone else here, brother. I don't want to lose anything at all. I was just bouncing around ideas. Please don't take it as anything more than that. I think we all need to band together here.

Cool?
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #123

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
I guess I'm alone here.

like MMG331, you are definately alone with your viewpoint. i am not willing to compromise or sit still.

BTW, do you belong to any pro gun rights organizations, like the NRA or others? if not, then maybe you should, or maybe just go ahead and turn your firearms in.
Actually, I tried to join the NRA back in October at a gun show. Paid up for 2 years at the door and never received my card or my magazine subscription. I've called the NRA with no help and I've emailed them several times with no response. Lost the money and have no way to get it back short of filing a lawsuit against the NRA, I guess. Which would cost a small fortune. I just chalked it up to a lesson learned.

I believe in our Constitution. Wholeheartedly. I was just proposing a hypothetical. I will do everything in my power as a free American to keep any such situation from happening and I hope that you will do the same. I will NOT give up my guns. EVER. They're mine and I plan to keep them that way. I was just throwing out ideas.

No harm, no foul. I'm getting the sense that I should probably not have done that, though. LOL!

Hope we can still be friends, friend.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #124

personally, i not giving in one more inch, simply because of principal. i feel there have been way too many compromises and concessions made to these bleeding heart liberals who attack legitimate and law abiding gun owners like we are the one who have commited these horrific and tragic crimes, or at least condone them, just because we own firearms and want to be left alone. they haven't the common sesne to understand, the doer of the deed is to blame, not an inanimate object.

BTW, i signed up my wife in the NRA and renewed mine for two more years. have you joined?

Old 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM   #125

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I'm not giving up a single damn thing. "From my cold dead hands" I may die in a ditch, but I'll be in a bed of brass. If everyone had -this- attitude we would live in better Times. Give an inch, they will take a mile!

Yea I just checked my copy of the Constitution... must have been built good... mine still won't bend America has bent over backwards for too long, now the left is asking us to bend over forwards and I'm simply NOT going to give anymore.

Last edited by patyancey; 12-23-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:16 PM   #126
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 77 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Not giving up my 2nd amendment rights for a bunch of scared ignorant people and agenda driven politicians...sorry but not a chance in hell

Old 12-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #127

Got my constitution right where it belongs

image-2271240269.jpg  

Old 12-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #128

people, there is an old saying, "you are either part of the solution, or you are part of the problem" if you truly believe in the 2nd Admendment, then do something pro-active. don't sit around and whine and feel as gun owners we need to compromise or make concessions to make the liberal gun haters like us. they don't, and as long as we own even one firearm, and believe in owning them, they are not ever going to relent, or like us. get over it and quit whining and bitching. time to act is now.

join a pro-gun rights arganization like the NRA. if you have problems with the NRA for whatever reason, join another one, but join one, or several. write your states representatives and congressmen. be proactive, don't sit around and wish it would get better for gun owners, because if we don't do something now, it can or will get worse.

if you are not doing something, and then you want to whine and moan, well as far as i am concerned, it falls on deaf ears. if you're not doing something now, don't expect to have the right to bitch later. this is my rally cry to all of you, get pro-active and let's do something!

Last edited by Axxe55; 12-23-2012 at 05:41 PM.
People Like This 
Old 12-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #129
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaiePoi
Got my constitution right where it belongs
Is that a Russian and British flag with holes in it?

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55
people, there is an old saying, "you are either part of the solution, or you are part of the problem" if you truly believe in the 2nd Admendment, then do something pro-active. don't sit around and whine and feel as gun owners we need to compromise or make concessions to make the liberal gun haters like us. they don't, and as long as we own even one firearm, and believe in owning them, they are not ever going to relent, or like us. get over it and quit whining and bitching. time to act is now.

join a pro-gun rights arganization like the NRA. if you have problems with the NRA for whatever reason, join another one, but join one, or several. write your states representatives and congressmen. be proactive, don't sit around and wish it would get better for gun owners, because if we don't do something now, it can or will get worse.

if you are not doing something, and then you want to whine and moan, well as far as i am concerned, it falls on deaf ears. if you're not doing something now, don't expect to have the right to bitch later. this is my rally cry to all of you, get pro-active and let's do something!
I just sent a donation a few days ago to help the fight against any future weapons ban....does that count?