Assault weapons ban - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapons ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 01:34 AM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

The thing that Dianne Feinstein needs to explain to the American people is how her new Assault Weapons Ban will prevent shootings like last week in Connecticut. Last time I checked Connecticut has had her current AWB on the books since 1994 and what good was it? Can someone explain how a state that's had an AWB almost 20 years allowed such a murderous attack on innocent children? Could it be the law doesn't work and how will her new one be better? If the pyscho kid had mowed down children in a playground with a 4x4 truck would we now be trying to ban assault trucks!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Mongo Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 02:22 AM   #92

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

I don't think Dianna the Phlisteen really cares how people die. She only cares they die in a fashion that can get her elected.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:44 AM   #93
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeypickles
Just what is an Assault rifle???
I thought an Assault rifle had to be capable of firing full auto??
Are they calling AR's assault rifle just because of the way they look or being semi auto???
What about the Mini14---Remington 750----Browing semi auto they all can hold mags up to 15-30 rds.
They call any semi-auto rifle with a pistol grip an "assault weapon"

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 12-22-2012, 02:50 AM   #94

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I don't remember all the specifics of the 94' ban. But I do remember if it had a detachable magazine(that didn't go into the handle/pistol grip) of the gun it was illegal, and any magazine that held more than 10 rounds period. And/or any weapons with a pistol grip/bayonet lug, folding stock,flash-hider... all that ridiculous crap. As best I can remember anyhow. A way around the ban you might ask? Just put a wooden stock on your AR.. the libs will think its a hunting rifle y'all be safe now...

Old 12-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #95

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

The Gun Expert for the Brady Campaign was on Fox this evening. He was asked what an AW was or is. He said it is a short barreled rifle with a large Mag. and the pistol grip. He said the pistol grip makes the AR-15 so deadly because you can hit people without aiming the rifle? The pistol grip is made for military use.
And you think we can reason with these people?

Old 12-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #96

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post

There better be a whole bunch of them. There's only one way in,and it's over a 1/4 mile to the house from the road.
They will be stacked up pretty deep before they get to the door!

If the UN wants to keep peace,they'll stay the hell out of Texas,we hate them almost as much as the French.
I like they way you think,im a old Tennessee boy we love Texas

Combat Corespondent

Mongo Likes This 
Old 12-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #97

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
You leave the Mini 14 out of this dammit! I love my Mini 14 and I won't tolerate her being slandered in that way. LOL!

I just built my first AR. Literally put the upper on it 2 days ago (Thanks PSA!). We have a couple in town for Christmas and they're staying with us. We got on the subject of the gun thing and not knowing I had a brand new AR in the next room, my buddy says, "I mean, who really needs an AR-15? It's in the name, Assault Rifle 15! What are you going to do? Assault deer with it? It's not a hunting gun, it's an Assault Rifle."

I immediately went on the educational defensive and said, "Actually, AR doesn't stand for Assault Rifle at all. It's an abbreviation for Armalite which is the company that created the AR platform. As far as the 'Who really needs one?' question is concerned, I ask you this: who really needs a V8 Mustang with 600 horsepower? Nobody. It's overkill, but they are still allowed to have them. You start giving up your pie 'a little piece at a time' and eventually, you're left with an empty pie pan. A drunk guy behind the wheel of a fast car is far more dangerous than I am behind an AR-15. But still, roughly 10,000 people die from drunk driving-related accidents in this country every year. Even though drinking and driving is illegal. We don't have a gun problem, we have a people problem."

I got crickets...
Sorry didn't mean to get fingerprints on your Mini. I love the Mini14. Only reason I went the AR way is because it is lighter and around here cheaper than the Mini.

Old 12-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #98

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeypickles View Post
Sorry didn't mean to get fingerprints on your Mini. I love the Mini14. Only reason I went the AR way is because it is lighter and around here cheaper than the Mini.
Hahaha! Nah man. I was just giving you a hard time. Enjoy the AR. I just finished my build a couple of days ago. Looking forward to shooting it.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-22-2012, 06:59 PM   #99

Liked 238 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by patyancey View Post
I don't remember all the specifics of the 94' ban. But I do remember if it had a detachable magazine(that didn't go into the handle/pistol grip) of the gun it was illegal, and any magazine that held more than 10 rounds period. And/or any weapons with a pistol grip/bayonet lug, folding stock,flash-hider... all that ridiculous crap. As best I can remember anyhow. A way around the ban you might ask? Just put a wooden stock on your AR.. the libs will think its a hunting rifle y'all be safe now...
Actually, according to the ban, you could have up to 3 evil features.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Old 12-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #100

Liked 35 Times on 28 Posts

All we have to do is stand up and say we the ppl have the right to bear arms and that right will not be infringed on