Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Assault weapons ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2012, 05:50 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Same as the 'snipe' or 'widget'...is simply does not exist...
Florida Snipe
snipe.jpg  

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 07-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #22

Liked 18 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Fot people that tell me how evil firearms are, I ask how long they have had this phobia about inanimate objects, and if they are getting treatment for it.
Hoplophobia
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
Freud

"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Old 07-28-2012, 06:34 PM   #23

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan0626 View Post
Florida Snipe
Oh sure, blame it on Florida!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 07-28-2012, 06:44 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19527 Times on 11083 Posts
Likes Given: 49157

definition of an assault rifle? hmmm... if i use a single shot 22 to shoot a pperson with, isn't that by definition an assualt rifle? i assaulted someone with a rifle. so therefor it must me an assault rifle!

i hate that term or word, "assault rifle". it is used, IMO to suggest a rifle that is evil or that should only be possessed by the military or LE by the media, some liberal politicians and the anti gun groups.

vincent Likes This 
Old 07-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #25

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCH2FLY
If hunting is a behavior and if it is reasonable to label a rifle as a hunting rifle when it is used to take game; then it is possible, as much as we dislike it, to say a firearm, any firearm, used to assault a person IS an assault weapon
Okay, I snipped this all up. I'm not attacking (or assaulting) anyone here, it was just a section in this statement that I found quite thought invoking, and I want to expound along the same sentiment.

I have a hunting rifle. The reason it's a hunting rifle is because I got it to hunt with. If you buy a rifle to assault someone with, then I guess that could make it an assault rifle. It has nothing to do with any configuration of the rifle, only the intended purpose of the rifle. We have members here who hunt with AR's, therefore officially making them hunting rifles, even though they have all the features that libtards consider evil.

So this to me means that all people who refer to them as assault rifles should be locked away for life, because, by using logic, they clearly intend to commit a criminal act with a deadly weapon.

Last edited by trip286; 07-28-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #26

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Just use the military definition.

They define an "assault rifle" as a short, lightweight, selective fire rifle or carbine, designed to fire an intermediate power cartridge.

Semi-automatics do not qualify as assault weapons by military definition.
To answer the OP's question, the above is about as close as anyone here has come to giving him an acceptable modern definition. Currently, modern military rifles are commonly a mix of polymer and metal, have selective fire ability and usually use detachable magazines of 20-40 rounds on average. The civilian, semi-auto versions are frequently lumped in with them because aside from not having full auto capability, they use the same ammo, parts, look and function almost identically to their military counterparts. Cover the selector switch and almost nobody would be able to tell the difference between a military M16 or AK and their civilian counterpart. The press, anti gun groups and many others have taken the position that if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's must be a duck. A more acceptable and accurate (though probably not PC among many gun owners) definition might be to call the current crop of civilian AR, AK and other similar rifles something like military "based" rifle designs, which is just what they are.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #27
bkt

Liked 1303 Times on 662 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac131911 View Post
I was wondering what yalls definition of an assault weapon is?
"Assault weapon" is a term invented by would-be tyrants who wish to garner support for gun confiscation and outright bans by scaring the ignorant general public into demanding those things.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #28

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

The liberal I was debating with said it was any weapon that could be used to assault someone. Do I asked if he would ban ink pens because you could stab someone with them.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #29

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Bug-A-Salt

This is the only A-Salt rifle I know about.

http://bugasalt.com/

Last edited by mrm14; 07-28-2012 at 09:41 PM.