Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Assault weapons ban (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/assault-weapons-ban-69132/)

Zodiac131911 07-28-2012 02:35 AM

Assault weapons ban

I was wondering what yalls definition of an assault weapon is?

Dillinger 07-28-2012 02:38 AM

What is an "assault" weapon? :confused:

"Assault" is a verb. An action. It's impossible for any inanimate object to blindly commit ANY "action". :roll eyes:

There is no such thing in this realm. Perhaps you might want to consider the term S.U.R. (Sport Utility Rifle). :confused:

JD

Rick1967 07-28-2012 02:39 AM

That would be a weapon that will fire more than one round with a single pull of the trigger. No semi-auto is really an assault rifle. It must be either full auto or burst fire.

Nfernaays 07-28-2012 02:42 AM

My personal feeling assault=automatic fire and that shouldnt mean ban either!...responsible gun owners should have unrestricted access to whatever firearm they want.

GaMatt72 07-28-2012 02:51 AM

An assault weapon is a weapon that can commit assault on its own. I have never seen one do this with out a person doing the committing. If I ever see a weapon commit assault without a person behind it then I would run. Hahaha.

silverado113 07-28-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMatt72 (Post 884632)
An assault weapon is a weapon that can commit assault on its own. I have never seen one do this with out a person doing the committing. If I ever see a weapon commit assault without a person behind it then I would run. Hahaha.

Oh they do it! They call them run aways :D

canebrake 07-28-2012 02:56 AM

Why SUR's?

Because brain dead gang banger wannabe's and rappers use the term "assault weapon(s)".

JonM 07-28-2012 03:03 AM

my definition is an object used to assault someone.

example: Barrack was arrested for assaulting reid with a bong.

in the above example the bong was used as a weapon to clonk reid over the head. so the bong is an assault weapon.

its a stupid term.

in terms of guns there was only one gun that is a true assault rifle the sturmgewher mp-44. made by the nazi's in the 40's.

the m16 and ak47 and ar15 are NOT assault rifles. the m16 and ar15 are armalite pattern rifles the ak in ak47 translates roughly into automatic kalishnikov no "assault" anywhere in those names. the MP44 is the only rifle i can think of that has "assault" even remotely loosly translated to english in the name

Nfernaays 07-28-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaMatt72

Exactly there is always a finger on the trigger of a gun that goes off...when they start going off by themselves ill turn mine in

sputnik1988 07-28-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 884647)
my definition is an object used to assault someone.

example: Barrack was arrested for assaulting reid with a bong.

in the above example the bong was used as a weapon to clonk reid over the head. so the bong is an assault weapon.

its a stupid term.

in terms of guns there was only one gun that is a true assault rifle the sturmgewher mp-44. made by the nazi's in the 40's.

the m16 and ak47 and ar15 are NOT assault rifles. the m16 and ar15 are armalite pattern rifles the ak in ak47 translates roughly into automatic kalishnikov no "assault" anywhere in those names. the MP44 is the only rifle i can think of that has "assault" even remotely loosly translated to english in the name

Heck, even the STG doesn't, the translation is "storm rifle"... Somebody just thought assault rifle sounded better.

Angriffgewehr = assault rifle