The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion - Page 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #81
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Good grief! The Thought Police are here, too.

Let's just start calling them: "People who prefer a world with no guns but have questionable sources and reasoning." Sounds like a winner to me.
Rocky, not thought police just cognoscente that political idiocracy is completely preventable but Developmental Disabilities are not. One chose ignorance the other had no choice, I hate to see them lumped together when they dont actually compliment each other. I think Libturd is much more telling of a factual relationship.
Old 05-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #82

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Actually the proper term to Biden and that ilk is 'idiot'!
"just get a shotgun!"....lol
Old 05-09-2014, 05:48 PM   #83

Liked 178 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Mr Bloomberg is not an idiot. One does not become a multi-billionaire by being stupid. Mr Bloomberg is an aristocrat, one who strongly believes in differing classes of people, that those who are "life's winners" are here to instruct and direct the lower classes, and to force them to do those things that are beneficial to them that they are too stupid to do for themselves. All you have to do to see the truth is look at that statement he made about being first in line for heaven because he already earned his place. That is the type of person he is, and little people having evil firearms falls under the heading of "things they are too stupid to know they are too stupid to have". He is not an idiot, nor "developmentally disabled", but a dyed in the wool frustrated Duke of New York, who should have been born three centuries ago.

Old 05-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #84
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 63 Times on 44 Posts

Since I'm sure he's a busy man maybe Vice-President Biden was using brevity as a means of making his point. Not being there when his comment was made, getting his comments 2nd hand from our media, and trying to be respectful to our 2nd in line to the President, I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.

To that end, what I heard was:
"By all means exercise your 2A right. Do get a shotgun (preferably tactical) and a couple more so there's one for every member of your family. Also, get lots of shotgun shells, and then get yourself and your loved ones enough rifles and pistols (as well as plenty of ammo) to make anyone who wants to invade your space think twice or die trying.

Teach yourself and your loved ones how to use these weapons proficiently and get lots of training and range/practice time. Also teach the ones you love the importance of situational awareness and practice it daily.

Lastly, just because you have a firearm(s), think twice about the responsibility that goes with it. In other words, don't go looking for trouble. We all know that the majority of violent crime happens to folks who are involved in things they shouldn't be to begin with. Or, they involve domestic disputes. Regardless, many innocent people are targeted by non-LAC's daily and for that reason you should always be prepared to defend yourself in the most effective way possible. "

But that's just my interpretation...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Roads less traveled...

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 05-09-2014, 05:57 PM   #85
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 63 Times on 44 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Mr Bloomberg is not an idiot. One does not become a multi-billionaire by being stupid. Mr Bloomberg is an aristocrat, one who strongly believes in differing classes of people, that those who are "life's winners" are here to instruct and direct the lower classes, and to force them to do those things that are beneficial to them that they are too stupid to do for themselves. All you have to do to see the truth is look at that statement he made about being first in line for heaven because he already earned his place. That is the type of person he is, and little people having evil firearms falls under the heading of "things they are too stupid to know they are too stupid to have". He is not an idiot, nor "developmentally disabled", but a dyed in the wool frustrated Duke of New York, who should have been born three centuries ago.

That's right. It's really an issue of class warfare. Reminds me about the joke regarding the real difference between a rich Republican and a rich Democrat is? Answer: There is no difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Roads less traveled...

Old 05-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #86
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Our brethren, in CT were faced with an impossible choice. I am sure that most of those who registered thought long and hard over what was in front of them. Were the teachers, LEOS, or another professions very apt to loose their source of income in this "booming economy" if they chose not to obey? Would each and every one of us be willing to give up our source of income, risking mortgages and the loss of our homes, cars, taking the best care of our children to tell the powers be "forget you"?
It is easy to sit in MN in a warm house with food on the table and say, "You shouldn't have---."? Guilty of a felony, doesn't that mean you could never buy another gun or go firearms hunting again?
I too watched the police lt. say,"We didn't find any long guns in the school, but we did find two more handguns." I watched the tape of the police finding a long gun in Adam's mother's car. I too listened to the governor say that he and the lt. gov. were just that day in a meeting with---. People, the fix was in and come heck or high water CT was going to get new gun legislation.
For the multitude that chose to resist. I thank you. Some scholars say that during the first revolution only 2% of the population actively were revolutionaries. I am in awe of the path you have chosen to follow. Once again - thank you.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:02 AM   #87

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebleyFosbery38 View Post
Rocky, not thought police just cognoscente that .....
Of course it's the Thought Police.

The entire purpose of trying to control what another person can and cannot say and what words another person can and cannot use it to control the thoughts they are allowed to express and, eventually, the thoughts they have.

It's the reason that Chomsky was a studied linguist. Control the language and you control the thinking. Manipulate the language and you are a social engineer.

Censorship and thought control does not become "OK" when you - or I - impose it one someone else rather than a Progressive.

Do you know what you call censorship in the name of conservatism? Censorship.

Do you know what you call censorship from a gun owner? Censorship.

Make no mistake about it - political correctness is censorship....and it does not improve when the motives change. It does not work to denounce political correctness here and there but reserve the right to impose it for our reasons.

Since when did it become an expectation that everybody else should adjust how they think and talk to make me feel better? Or you? Or avoid bringing an unhappy memory to my mind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
Actually the proper term to Biden and that ilk is 'idiot'!
"proper"........Sez who?

Stupid people are born stupid. It is not their fault that they are an idiot. Why is it OK to lump liberal pond scum with those unfortunate enough to have been born an idiot?

Or do we not see any lumping together in that instance? If not, then why is there lumping together when they are called "retarded"?

I would suggest that there is no lumping in either instance and the use of a term that carries a negative connotation in these circumstances can be quite intentional and, depending on the speaker and object of his/her derision, quite appropriate.

In any event, we need to be very careful about insisting that someone else refrain from using this or that word in certain circumstances, or at all. If we want to reserve the right to edit someone else's language (and thought), it seems to me we have no right to complain when Progressives do the same.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 05-11-2014 at 03:14 AM.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:33 AM   #88
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Of course it's the Thought Police.

The entire purpose of trying to control what another person can and cannot say and what words another person can and cannot use it to control the thoughts they are allowed to express and, eventually, the thoughts they have.

It's the reason that Chomsky was a studied linguist. Control the language and you control the thinking. Manipulate the language and you are a social engineer.

Censorship and thought control does not become "OK" when you - or I - impose it one someone else rather than a Progressive.

Do you know what you call censorship in the name of conservatism? Censorship.

Do you know what you call censorship from a gun owner? Censorship.

Make no mistake about it - political correctness is censorship....and it does not improve when the motives change. It does not work to denounce political correctness here and there but reserve the right to impose it for our reasons.

Since when did it become an expectation that everybody else should adjust how they think and talk to make me feel better? Or you? Or avoid bringing an unhappy memory to my mind?

"proper"........Sez who?

Stupid people are born stupid. It is not their fault that they are an idiot. Why is it OK to lump liberal pond scum with those unfortunate enough to have been born an idiot?

Or do we not see any lumping together in that instance? If not, then why is there lumping together when they are called "retarded"?

I would suggest that there is no lumping in either instance and the use of a term that carries a negative connotation in these circumstances can be quite intentional and, depending on the speaker and object of his/her derision, quite appropriate.

In any event, we need to be very careful about insisting that someone else refrain from using this or that word in certain circumstances, or at all. If we want to reserve the right to edit someone else's language (and thought), it seems to me we have no right to complain when Progressives do the same.
No need to get all fired up Rocky, tug the thong out of your crack and understand that Im not telling you to do anything, just asking that you consider the fact that DD Citizens start out life screwed, they dont become that way because of their own choices (like Republicrats we despise).

Its just my personal belief that equating natural born idiots with someone born with mental retardation is paramount to kicking someone who's down that had no part in how they got there. There are very few folks that deserve a bit of extra consideration on this planet, Mentally Retarded folks fit that bill perfectly in my eyes. Humor and Politics do go together well but being Developmentally Disabled isnt funny, its a tragedy for those born with one or more disabilities they can never overcome.

Understand, the word "Tard" was and is very hurtful, Im pretty sure you know that, youve been around enough to know its not anything but a slam on those stricken with it for life.

MY grandson may not be an Einstein but he certainly isnt BHO, Algore or Joe Biteme either. He will never know the difference between conservative, Liberal or understand why one makes me proud, the other makes me puke.

Interesting that the term "Assault Weapon" is understandably an insufficient and untelling descriptive we pretty much all agree doesnt have a place in our conversations yet your OK with saddling an entire population of victims of genetic mutation equally with those born "Normal" yet intentionally ignorant.

Thats my last on this, say what you will just know that the war of words is just as consequential as a war with fists.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #89
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1965 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
He demonstrates the basic progressive philosophy:
I am better than you therefore I know what is best for you! This makes him a idiot!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 PM   #90

Liked 178 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 24

No, he's royalty. Big difference.