The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 178 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Old 05-09-2014, 02:36 AM   #72

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Show me a Democrat who gets this right and I'll show you a Democrat that's too smart to hold public office.

Tack
People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 07:40 AM   #73
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion

All good points, except for some of the ways some folks here make them. I'm sorry if no one in your family has ever had a disability of any kind, but Please stop using the "R" word. The correct term is "developmental" or "Cognitive" disability. I hardy doubt any of these Politicians are Down Syndrome, Autistic, or have Cerebral Palsy, or Spina-Biffita. I myself, having been a spec. Ed. Teacher, was afflicted with a viral nervous disorder known as Bell's Palsy, shortly after my 41st Birthday. It just so happens that it happened on the morning of 9/11. Maybe G-D was telling me I could not go back to war. But even before that, I helped my parents raise a sibling with Autism. If we can do one thing, to not give the Anti's more hatred and more material against us, it's to be careful how we say some of what we say. And no,..I'm not a liberal, but I don't call them other names either. Their politics are there problem, and if their politics don't work out for them, well, maybe if I like you I'll cover you while you run for safety.

Example of proper terminology: "gee vice Persident Biden must be developmentally delayed if he thinks a side by side shotgun is enough to repel a group of Thugs invading you home, looking for booze and money to party, while making sport of your 14 year old daughter. "
Thank you for reading this PSA,.

And Yes, my brother with Autism was harassed and picked on his entire life growing up, until my father died and since my mom could not handle him herself ( while fighting Cancer) so he went to a group residence. He also died of Cancer 12 years ago at 32. So go ahead all of you, start throwing stuff at me. None of you can live with what I have lived through, at that was the first 19 years of my life Before the Army...where a great deal of authority comes from WASPs who hate anyone not a john Bircher...

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-09-2014 at 07:48 AM.
People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #74
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6134 Times on 3038 Posts
Likes Given: 6513

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
All good points, except for some of the ways some folks here make them. I'm sorry if no one in your family has ever had a disability of any kind, but Please stop using the "R" word. The correct term is "developmental" or "Cognitive" disability. I hardy doubt any of these Politicians are Down Syndrome, Autistic, or have Cerebral Palsy, or Spina-Biffita. I myself, having been a spec. Ed. Teacher, was afflicted with a viral nervous disorder known as Bell's Palsy, shortly after my 41st Birthday. It just so happens that it happened on the morning of 9/11. Maybe G-D was telling me I could not go back to war. But even before that, I helped my parents raise a sibling with Autism. If we can do one thing, to not give the Anti's more hatred and more material against us, it's to be careful how we say some of what we say. And no,..I'm not a liberal, but I don't call them other names either. Their politics are there problem, and if their politics don't work out for them, well, maybe if I like you I'll cover you while you run for safety.

Example of proper terminology: "gee vice Persident Biden must be developmentally delayed if he thinks a side by side shotgun is enough to repel a group of Thugs invading you home, looking for booze and money to party, while making sport of your 14 year old daughter. "
Thank you for reading this PSA,.

And Yes, my brother with Autism was harassed and picked on his entire life growing up, until my father died and since my mom could not handle him herself ( while fighting Cancer) so he went to a group residence. He also died of Cancer 12 years ago at 32. So go ahead all of you, start throwing stuff at me. None of you can live with what I have lived through, at that was the first 19 years of my life Before the Army...where a great deal of authority comes from WASPs who hate anyone not a john Bircher...

Yes indeed Dr Football, I agree. Some time ago I wrote a thread on this----

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f13/please-say-libturd-not-libtard-i-said-please-97312/

The Tard thing is bothersome to me because it misses the boat on too many things that dont make sense when added to Lib! DD Populations arent stupid, they were born underdeveloped in one or more ways that can never be corrected. Libturds on the other hand have no legitimate excuse for being ignorant or braindead, Liberal is a state of mind not a deficiency caused by a birth defect.

My Grandson is autistic but hes not dumb, he can operate a computer at 6 years old better than many adults I know. My daughters and wife have served DD Populations most of their working lives and they are some of the most caring and positive citizens I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. They appreciate the little things in life more than those born with fully developed minds by far.

Their are many wordplays that do a much better job of slamming Libs without associating them with folks that love our country without hatred leading their way.

In the end, Calling a spade a spade or a Liberal a Liberal is the best way to highlight them. SOme may actually appreciate that but if you use a bit of a guttural inflection when you say it, it sounds just as bad as it is!

Back to our regularly scheduled thread....
Old 05-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #75
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Default The “Assault Weapon” Rebellion

Sarge, I remember reading the Thread at the time. But some of the SAME people are still guilty of using it. BTW, my 32 yo brother( who died of cancer) was autistic...
For someone with that disability, he accomplished a lot in his short life. He lived in a supervised residential setting, but dressed himself and made himself breakfast and lunch everyday. He worked a part time job at a UPS distribution center, he competed in the Special Olympics, winning 14 medals in 17 years for Swimming and Bowling, and he fought to live to his last breath while hooked up to machines. If he had not gotten sick, I would have brought him with us here to Az. when we moved.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 05-09-2014 at 10:35 AM.
People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #76
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 336 Posts
Likes Given: 2819

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredman View Post
Just as I figured. My wife got it wrong, just like most libs do. But I am teaching her bit by bit.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #77

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Good grief! The Thought Police are here, too.

Let's just start calling them: "People who prefer a world with no guns but have questionable sources and reasoning." Sounds like a winner to me.

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1964 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Actually the proper term to Biden and that ilk is 'idiot'!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

People Like This 
Old 05-09-2014, 03:21 PM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1964 Times on 1161 Posts
Likes Given: 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky7 View Post
Good grief! The Thought Police are here, too.

Let's just start calling them: "People who prefer a world with no guns but have questionable sources and reasoning." Sounds like a winner to me.
Like I just said, IDIOT!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #80
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 63 Times on 44 Posts

I agree with Dr. Football. When we stoop to name calling or act condescending towards folks with differing political views, we really just give them more fodder to use against us.

The best approach is to stick to the facts, your beliefs, and recognize that if you think those folks are stupid, then you're totally underestimating them. Do you honestly believe Michael Bloomberg is stupid? I may believe his politics are wrong but to characterize him as stupid is akin to assuming someone with a southern accent is less than intelligent.

Sadly, the way folks worship wealth and coddle up to folks who have it, means that folks who are anti-2A will be surrounded by anyone who thinks they have a shot at tapping into that wealth and will simply be "yes men or women" to stay in the good graces of their wealthy idol.

In fact, maybe this isn't so much about the guns as it is about insecure wealthy people trying to do whatever they can to ensure they don't lose their gazillions...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Roads less traveled...

kfox75 Likes This